Weather Pictures

MossMan

Day 22. 2/24/19

Snowpack starting to really thin out. However still nearly 4” remain in my veg garden that has been untouched since the beginning.

Back to muddy dogs.

51B2A848-FD0A-4C60-97B6-CD5180EC823D.jpeg

67FC5BCF-9FE9-4703-B841-0A6B74CBFA74.jpeg

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Day 26. 2/28/19

Probably the last day I will have enough snow cover to call it snowcover. Been a heck of a ride! Note the small amount of snow on my roof still!

E81C91A6-5B8B-491F-82CC-4E2BE98E1F9D.jpeg

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Figured I’d add mine since the winter is finishing up.

Mid-January snowstorm. I thought it was less than a foot but upon measuring the next day there was 12.5” after compaction, so it was probably a bit more.

2tmqQGc.jpg

ntBcLlu.jpg

Driving back from the 7-11 in the snow. Same storm. ☃️

R6iXdMF.jpg

WeNjf1P.jpg

Chowdery warm advection snow with a convective element ahead of the “polar vortex” cold wave a few weeks later. This was in the “warm sector” ahead of the polar front, but there was enough cold air around that it fell as snow anyway.

s9cc4uc.jpg

Kb7L2uz.jpg

Deformation band during the late February snowstorm. Visibility fell below 1/10th of a mile for a time.

AIVr6M0.jpg

uZ207QD.jpg

Grand finale (as far as the legit snows are concerned). Some crazy rates with fat dendrites.

CHGvcrA.jpg

wTmE4j2.jpg

• Like 2

We also had a few minor, less interesting events.

1) A very early season snowfall. Many trees still had their leaves, but it was very windy, so the wet snow never really stuck to them.

LMCmyn3.jpg

2) A freezing rain/sleet event. ~ 0.25” of ZR. No biggie.

VTh8JHA.jpg

DyftMLW.jpg

An unexpected snowfall last week. Was supposed to be rain but ended up with 2/3” of slush.

ZLVqM2I.jpg

x0xXYZc.jpg

A few random pics from the bigger storms.

xkW9TKD.jpg

f98HxKp.jpg

JAbvH1g.jpg

qzKENXZ.jpg

AB5MmfF.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hadn't taken the time to scroll through these yet this year. Mostly out of heart brokenness for the crappy winter I just exited. Those are truly awesome pictures and I'm sure a stretch of days you won't forget soon.

Aside from a perfect, clear, colorful and crisp autumn, which happens only every few years here, snow and ice are 2 of the most beautiful things one can see, in my opinion.

Maybe this will finally be the winter I get to share some awesomeness with the rest of the forum. Haven't had real winter since I joined on 10-05-15. Almost 4 years...

• Like 3
  • Popcorn 1

I hadn't taken the time to scroll through these yet this year. Mostly out of heart brokenness for the crappy winter I just exited. Those are truly awesome pictures and I'm sure a stretch of days you won't forget soon.

Aside from a perfect, clear, colorful and crisp autumn, which happens only every few years here, snow and ice are 2 of the most beautiful things one can see, in my opinion.

Maybe this will finally be the winter I get to share some awesomeness with the rest of the forum. Haven't had real winter since I joined on 10-05-15. Almost 4 years...

Any summer/non-winter photos to share? This is sort of an all-seasons thread (or has been in the past).

I would, but every time I share a photo on here it turns upside down. I've never known why. It just ticks me off so I don't waste my time.

If you have an IPhone you need to hit “Edit” while viewing the pic, then rotate 180, then hit save, then go and rotate 180 again and save, then it will post normally. Don’t ask me why but it’s the only way I can get the pics to not post upside down.

If you have an IPhone you need to hit “Edit” while viewing the pic, then rotate 180, then hit save, then go and rotate 180 again and save, then it will post normally. Don’t ask me why but it’s the only way I can get the pics to not post upside down.

I have an android, but I'll try that out in the future. Thank you!! I've taken many pictures over the last 4 years (they're lost now, of course) that I'd love to share with my friends here, but it's just embarrassing. Lol. I appreciate finally getting an answer.

This fall and winter should be pretty awesome so I hope to get to try it out soon.

• 3 months later...

Passage of the QLCS last night. Gust to 54mph and approximately 1.5” of rain followed by a dewpoint plunge from 71*F to 31*F in just a few hours.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Christmas tree with palm trees next to it.

attachicon.gif20191124_161949.jpg

That's one tall a$$ tree! 

Ashland, KY Weather

'23-'24 Winter

Snowfall - 5.50"
First freeze: 11/1 (32)
Minimum: 2 on 1/17

Measurable snows: 4
Max 1 day snow: 3" (1/19)

Thunders: 11
1/27, 1/28, 2/10, 2/22, 2/27, 2/28, 3/5, 3/6, 3/14, 3/15
3/26, 

-------------------------------------------------------
[Klamath Falls, OR 2010 to 2021]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

• 4 weeks later...

Some of the weather videos from my phone I recently compiled and uploaded. Just a few of the 150+ videos sitting idle on my phone, but whatever. Got 4 up just today.

Anyway..2016 blizzard recap. Can’t believe it’s been 4yrs already.

Windstorm Thanksgiving Eve 2019. Rough night & groggy holiday for our guests staying on the West side of the house.