The Weather Forums

February 2021 PacNW Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just experienced the craziest day of my life. Normal, routine doctor's visit quickly spiraled into a seven hour stay in the ER for a MRI scan to check for malignant tumors or multiple sclerosis. Tha

Downvote this post if you want snow.

Good morning,  As you know, back in late December I decided to end my jovial "ranting" here among you soulless bastard's to focus on more personal matters.  Well despite my better judgement

Posted Images

• Meteorologist

NAM 00z appears to be faster with the trough coming down than 12z but is slightly slower than 18z.

6 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

Fills in a little more by Tuesday AM...

nam-nest-seattle-total_snow_10to1-2875600.png

If only models could actually down details like that. My house is in the middle of that 6" spot. 😂

• Excited 1

Everett Snowfall

2018-19: 24.75"

2019-20: 10.5"

1/10: 0.5"

1/12: 5.5"

1/13: 1"

1/14: 1.5"

1/15: 2"

29 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

If you really want to see something funny pick the 4 or 5 day period on the ecmwf and scroll back 4 runs.  After that ask yourself if 1 run is a trend.

This.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Kolk1604 said:

Looks like the 18z moved the low back south. I know the EPS has a cluster of them to the south. I wonder where the 00z ends up. If it stays cold...

Who is WoodinvilleWX? Is that Andy?

Just now, DJ Droppin said:

Can't be. He doesn't write anything like that.

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall

2018-19: 24.75"

2019-20: 10.5"

1/10: 0.5"

1/12: 5.5"

1/13: 1"

1/14: 1.5"

1/15: 2"

25 minutes ago, Acer said:

I’d be more than satisfied with that outcome but it would sure be easier to buy into if the trend wasn’t moving in the wrong direction.

For KBLI:

90% chance of over 1"

86% chance of over 2"

64% chance of over 4"

46% chance of over 6"

Not bad… though that is over a week, so those numbers are not so impressive as they might at first seem.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

35 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

So why do the WA posters hate the 18z euro? I understand why OR posters do, but it still gives Seattle at least a half foot.

Agree with Omegaraptor but personally would love to see us all get obliterated! Sucks when just a few get in on the fun 

• Like 2

Does anyone remember December 2008? Crazy east wind storm with blizzard conditions in Enumclaw. I remember, I came home from CWU to visit my parents and it was insane. This looks like it could be another event...I’m excited. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Storm 1
9 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

It would be a shock, I heard he moved out of state several years back. 

You're talking about AndyInWoodinville with his daily aft/eve posts?

4 minutes ago, Christensen87 said:

Does anyone remember December 2008? Crazy east wind storm with blizzard conditions in Enumclaw. I remember, I came home from CWU to visit my parents and it was insane. This looks like it could be another event...I’m excited. 

I was at CWU with you during that time! 2006-2011

2 minutes ago, 12345WeatherNerd said:

Well a western Washington snowstorm only is looking more likely, at this point I'm worried it will go north even more and give us all rain.

According to Matt nobody south of the border will see anything. 

2 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

Well... my team lost...... and now I'm preparing for the Super Stall of arctic air tonight.

You mean the Chiefs? I see the Blazers were postponed 

Truly shows just how many things have to line up perfectly to get lowland Arctic cold and snow. Even if everything else goes right, all it takes is the low too far north and everything goes to shitt.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

According to Matt nobody south of the border will see anything. 

I do think there could be a quick transition somewhere, but yeah, anything “prolonged” I suspect will be confined to immediate outflow areas up north.  

• Excited 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

3 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I do think there could be a quick transition somewhere, but yeah, anything “prolonged” I suspect will be confined to immediate outflow areas up north.  

Bit of an overreaction. Too far out to make this call. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
1 minute ago, DJ Droppin said:

This goes to show us that when models show an aggressive push of arctic air in the Day 4-6 time frame to never buy into that and wait until we're within Day 3(now).

The knee-jerk reactions on here are funny.  

• Popcorn 3
Just now, DJ Droppin said:

This goes to show us that when models show an aggressive push of arctic air in the Day 4-6 time frame to never buy into that and wait until we're within Day 3(now).

That has long been my standard policy. Just been burned too many times in the past by rug pulls.

• Like 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

2 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

I have been saying there hasn't been anything in the believable range for days now, jus sayin!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Hawksfan2008 said:

Bit of an overreaction. Too far out to make this call. 

It’s just a prediction.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sun 1
  • Downvote 3

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

6 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

Last year the gradients were suppose to drive the cold air out of the Frazier but the winds never hit what was advertised and the modified air kind of stalled out around Everett. So even the day of its a toss up sometimes.

• Like 2

Handful of IP addresses on Comcast were blocked automatically because of a DDoS. If you can’t access the site, use your phone. It will take a day or so for me to fix this.

• Like 1
Just now, iFred said:

Handful of IP addresses on Comcast were blocked automatically because of a DDoS. If you can’t access the site, use your phone. It will take a day or so for me to fix this.

What if I don't have a phone? Can I use a rotary phone? I don't have one of those though.

• Like 1
  • Troll 1
6 minutes ago, iFred said:

Still working on my PC. Thank you for letting us all know.

• Like 2

Had hail showers earlier during the day.  Now have a solid c-zone over us and its raining.

• Like 2
  • Rain 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

• iFred locked and unpinned this topic