The Weather Forums

February 2021 PacNW Weather Discussion

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just experienced the craziest day of my life. Normal, routine doctor's visit quickly spiraled into a seven hour stay in the ER for a MRI scan to check for malignant tumors or multiple sclerosis. Tha

Downvote this post if you want snow.

Good morning,  As you know, back in late December I decided to end my jovial "ranting" here among you soulless bastard's to focus on more personal matters.  Well despite my better judgement

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

OK.. guess we just enjoy these maps for now until we see if the Euro gives us a reality check or goes apesh*t too. 

In a way it has been. Nothing like the gfs, but still good totals. Almost 15 inches by the end of the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Really wasn't expecting a GFS run like that so close to the event. Something tells me the Euro will sober things up quick around here. Sounds like the GEM was a good primer for that.

Gonna be a long 75 minutes until he euro

• Like 1

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-14

Monthly rainfall-5.26”

Cold season rainfall-32.08”

Snowfall-15.5”

• Meteorologist

RGEM is not a questionable model. It's the high resolution version of the CMC. Here's an excerpt from weathermodels.com on the RGEM:

How is the RGEM’s forecast data best used? The RGEM is a regional model, so its strength is depicting smaller scale features that the global models may miss. The model is especially good at figuring out the overall structure of storms, and often does pretty well with heavy snow bands. Of course, no model is perfect, but generally this one is pretty good.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1
  • iFred locked and unpinned this topic