The Weather Forums

February 2021 PacNW Weather Discussion

850's drop to -12 for Seattle the 18z GFS Ensemble mean at day 6.

12z dropped to -8 but interestingly the 6z also dropped to -11.

• Like 3

Everett Snowfall

2018-19: 24.75"

2019-20: 10.5"

1/10: 0.5"

1/12: 5.5"

1/13: 1"

1/14: 1.5"

1/15: 2"

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just experienced the craziest day of my life. Normal, routine doctor's visit quickly spiraled into a seven hour stay in the ER for a MRI scan to check for malignant tumors or multiple sclerosis. Tha

Downvote this post if you want snow.

Good morning,  As you know, back in late December I decided to end my jovial "ranting" here among you soulless bastard's to focus on more personal matters.  Well despite my better judgement

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Prairiedog said:

My fruit flies got wind of the possibilities.  They are preparing for what might be coming.  Some are carrying signs, "The end is near".  It's a solemn crowd.  They've had a good run this winter.  They know they've lasted much longer than most winters.  Long live Drosophila melanogaster. 

Dangit, those fruit flies LOVE to gossip, too. It's gonna be all over the Fruit Flies Message boards and they're gonna screw this up for us. 

• Like 1
  • lol 2

51/44 today...warmest day since mid January. If these models keep in the direction they’re heading could be the warmest day for awhile too. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-0

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-0.39”

Warm Season Rainfall-0.39”

Warmest high temp-66

2 minutes ago, JBolin said:

All I know is, Randy better NOT go back up into that ******* attic of his and drag that D**n kiddie pool down again.

I don't know. I kinda feel that's what turned everything around. Reverse jinx, or something.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
1 minute ago, RentonHillTC said:

How cold does it need to be to kill all the moles in my yard? theyve absolutely destroyed it and negated about 150 hours worth of work this summer. 

Just hire this guy

bill-murray-caddyshack.jpg

• Excited 1
  • lol 1
5 minutes ago, jakerepp said:

Dangit, those fruit flies LOVE to gossip, too. It's gonna be all over the Fruit Flies Message boards and they're gonna screw this up for us. 

Nothing worse than a fruit fly gossip. 

In the nearer term, the 18z also looked significantly better for CZ snow Sunday night into Monday morning for Snohomish, Skagit, and Whatcom Counties.

sn10_acc.us_nw (13).png

• Like 2

Everett Snowfall

2018-19: 24.75"

2019-20: 10.5"

1/10: 0.5"

1/12: 5.5"

1/13: 1"

1/14: 1.5"

1/15: 2"

4 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

PNW TURNS INTO THE ARTIC. SEATTLE BECOMES A TUNDRA. PORTLAND BECOMES ALASKA AND THE CANADIANS GET SKUNKED. ALL IS RIGHT IN THE WORLD. 

Canadians get skunded.png

Too cold to snow! 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

How cold does it need to be to kill all the moles in my yard? theyve absolutely destroyed it and negated about 150 hours worth of work this summer. 

Get yourself a GopherHawk mole trap, there are lots of videos about it.  I’ve had remarkable success with them.  You don’t get dirty and you get everything you need with the kit. They sell them at Lowe’s too

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Acer said:

Get yourself a GopherHawk mole trap.  
there are lots of videos about it.  I’ve had remarkable success with them.  You don’t get dirty and you get everything you need with the kit. They sell them at Lowe’s too

Will absolutely try this. I have the TomCat versions which are hard to use if their run is too deep. 

• Like 1
Just now, RentonHillTC said:

Will absolutely try this. I have the TomCat versions which are hard to use if their run is too deep. 

Check out the videos on youtube.  I would have posted one but couldn't get it to work

• Meteorologist
1 minute ago, JBolin said:

Waiter, waiter, 

There's a snow in my cold air sir.

Sir, this is a Wendy’s.

• Like 1

I need all of you to repeat after me:

"I solemnly vow to keep the news of the goodies that have been thrust before us on this day to just myself and other members of this forum, if I break this vow I shall be banished to Tim's basement to feed coal in to his weather machine for the remainder of my days"

Amen

• Like 6
  • lol 2
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

I need all of you to repeat after me:

"I solemnly vow to keep the news of the goodies that have been thrust before us on this day to just myself and other members of this forum, if I break this vow I shall be banished to Tim's basement to feed coal in to his weather machine for the remainder of my days"

Amen

i told my cat ..... sorry

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Acer said:

Check out the videos on youtube.  I would have posted one but couldn't get it to work

Now the lawn every 4 days during the growing season (mulch mow).  Scares off the moles.  If one dares to set up shop kill it on the spot.  I have mastered the use of pincer trap, learned from the professional we hired to do the job

• Like 1
Just now, paulb/eugene said:

Now the lawn every 4 days during the growing season (mulch mow).  Scares off the moles.  If one dares to set up shop kill it on the spot.  I have mastered the use of pincer trap, learned from the professional we hired to do the job

Mow

26 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

My girl made me go shopping with her and I missed the greatest run every for Puyallup?!!!!!!!!!

Looks like I picked the wrong year to move to Spokane... I am rooting for the swamp to get hammered!!! 😉

1 minute ago, paulb/eugene said:

Too much work.  With this trap you could set it and do away with the mole without getting your hands dirty.  

Just now, TheNewCulverJosh said:

I know I am beating a dead horse, but I sure wish we had a real NWS office over here in Central OR. 

Pendleton, lol.

Wish we had one down here for Lane & Douglas county too. Feels like a completely different climate zone now.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

Just now, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Wish we had one down here for Lane & Douglas county too. Feels like a completely different climate zone now.

Maybe Oxnard can cover your area. 

• Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45