The Weather Forums

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West side of Olympia as of 7 PM is up to approximately 5 inches and still snowing steadily. 

I've been a part of several weather forums for the past 15 years and they more or less run the same. There is discussion among individuals with a large range in knowledge about weather and then there'

My front door in Troutdale this morning. Last night was incredible with 45-55 mph gusts for many hours. I'm on a hill around 300' directly facing east.

Posted Images

Hmmm hmmm hmmmm

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

2 minutes ago, iFred said:

Kicking off a new thread.

Let this new thread bring us all lots of snow! 🙏🥶☃️

<p><font size="3"><font color="purple"><b>Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.</font></b></font></font>

3 minutes ago, iFred said:

Kicking off a new thread.

Any update on Comcast issue?   Can you unblock it?

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

"Euro going to come in and slap us back to reality."

Just going to remind everyone what the 12z Euro looked like. Easy to forget in this land of pepto maps.

If this is 'reality', I am A-OK with it.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_snow_kuchera-3390400.png

Don’t think the euro is going to have any drastic changes tonight IMO. Maybe slightly south. It Was the first to pick up on the weaker low earlier. Still think we get some snow south of Seattle Thursday as an appetizer. 

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-14

Monthly rainfall-5.05”

Cold season rainfall-31.87”

Snowfall-15.5”

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Literally the second February in three years to do this. Wow. We'll be looking back on this in the future.

Hi future lurkers/members/me!

Feb 2017 and 2018 weren't half bad for northern areas either, a pretty impressive streak if this comes to fruition in the North Sound.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Any update on Comcast issue?   Can you unblock it?

Yeah, I’ll unblock it later tonight. Been a busy day and haven’t checked on things. Thanks for sticking through.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

Literally the second February in three years to do this. Wow. We'll be looking back on this in the future.

Hi future lurkers/members/me!

Our climate just can’t pull off massive regional events like 2021 anymore.😟

• Excited 1
  • lol 2
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Just now, iFred said:

Yeah, I’ll unblock it later tonight. Been a busy day and haven’t checked on things. Thanks for sticking through.

Thank you for running things in this very critical time for all of us 

• Like 5

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-14

Monthly rainfall-5.05”

Snowfall-15.5”

Just now, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Feb 2017 and 2018 weren't half bad for northern areas either, a pretty impressive streak if this comes to fruition in the North Sound.

I meant a double thread for the month. And given this map, as well as other similar solutions on other models, as well as hints of a cold snap around the turn to March (it can still happen then), this could approach three.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Meatyorologist said:

I meant a double thread for the month. And given this map, as well as other similar solutions on other models, as well as hints of a cold snap around the turn to March (it can still happen then), this could approach three.

Where our seeing a late Feb cold snap?  Weeklies?

The future me 4yrs from now just came by to say I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO SNOW! Even when Tim was still posting warm maps just a few days ago...A lesson for everyone in the year 2025! 
And yes Jesse is still annoyed by me in the year 2025. 

• Weenie 1
7 minutes ago, hawkstwelve said:

"Euro going to come in and slap us back to reality."

Just going to remind everyone what the 12z Euro looked like. Easy to forget in this land of pepto maps.

If this is 'reality', I am A-OK with it.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_snow_kuchera-3390400.png

Beautiful pic that will highlight this thread! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Esquimalt said:

Where our seeing a late Feb cold snap?  Weeklies?

It's kind of flown under the radar lately but most the long range models have kept us in a consistently chilly pattern even after the events the next 4-6 days. 

• Like 2
Just now, Jginmartini said:

Beautiful pic that will highlight this thread! 

Soon it’ll be snow pics highlighting this thread. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-14

Monthly rainfall-5.05”

Snowfall-15.5”

4 minutes ago, Alix said:

The night crew will have a lot to discuss tonight 

Standing room only!

<p><font size="3"><font color="purple"><b>Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.</font></b></font></font>

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

The future me 4yrs from now just came by to say I TOLD YOU IT WAS GOING TO SNOW! Even when Tim was still posting warm maps just a few days ago...A lesson for everyone in the year 2025! 

I bet you will link to this thread when the whining happens after the third North Sound Special that yields zilch south of about Everett…

• Excited 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

The ONLY downside to seeing 2+ feet for everyone now is that some folks will actually be upset if they "only" get 8 inches. 😂 Remember a week ago when everyone would have settled for 1 high under 40 and enough frost to scrape in to a snowball?!

• Like 5
  • lol 1
3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

All the puppies from January and early February will be all growed up by then.🥰

• Excited 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

tenor (15).gif

I take it your raccoon friend is retreating 10' underground now in preparation. That's what he gets for all the rug pulls. 

• Like 1
Just now, Deweydog said:

All the puppies from January and early February will be all growed up by then.🥰

Phew...I was sure you were going to say something mean about me too. 

• Popcorn 1
Just now, Bryant said:

I'd like to put in a request to stretch everything a little further north please. Not wishing rain for PDX, just wishing to be included on the weekend fun

The 0z GEM shows precipitation distributed pretty evenly and widely to the north. The only reason PDX gets less with it is the marginal upper level temperatures compared to the GFS.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

It's kind of flown under the radar lately but  most the long range models have kept us in a consistently chilly pattern even after the events the next 4-6 days. 

So whatever falls and is piled in the parking lots may still be there in March. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, Bryant said:

I'd like to put in a request to stretch everything a little further north please. Not wishing rain for PDX, just wishing to be included on the weekend fun

Think DRY and WIND. C'MON!!!!

• lol 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

1 minute ago, High Desert Mat? said:

So whatever falls and is piled in the parking lots may still be there in March. Got it. 

Well if some of the most crazy maps play out that would be true no matter how warm it got.

• iFred locked and unpinned this topic