The Weather Forums

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

It was completely inevitable... the WRF is never going to win a disagreement with the ECMWF.   It will always cave.   

Cliff is going to have to update his blog for that 0.5" in some of the EPSL locations. I'm pretty sure he knew that wasn't going to happen but decide to regurgitate what the previous WRF was showing anyway. 

• Excited 1
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West side of Olympia as of 7 PM is up to approximately 5 inches and still snowing steadily. 

I've been a part of several weather forums for the past 15 years and they more or less run the same. There is discussion among individuals with a large range in knowledge about weather and then there'

My front door in Troutdale this morning. Last night was incredible with 45-55 mph gusts for many hours. I'm on a hill around 300' directly facing east.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, umadbro said:

This is my 2 year olds first snowstorm. We did it all today. Sled, snowman, snowballs. She refused to come inside when we needed her to.

Same here. So much fun to see their excitement. Mine was so hungry afterwards he ate too much and then barfed on me when I was putting him down for a nap. 

• lol 3
  • Meteorologist

Picked up 0.5" of snow so far. The snow definitely has a dry feeling to it and easily swept by wind which leads me to believe that this will be a high ratio snow event. Here's California Ave in West Seattle

IMG_0156.jpg

• Like 6
1 minute ago, DiBiYoSi said:

Same here. So much fun to see their excitement. Mine was so hungry afterwards he ate too much and then barfed on me when I was putting him down for a nap. 

I have some photos of me when I was 2.......um....1979.  I looked miserable and helpless, lol.  Don't do it!!!!

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Seeing more snow down your way yet? Easily the heaviest snow of the event so far right now here.

It’s like 80% snow now, but I can still hear little clinks of sleet falling too. Whatever it is it’s coming down pretty heavy.

I wonder if I’m far enough south and east to be getting some residual warm tongue action.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
4 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Yea it’s overdoing the east winds cause it’s only showing me getting 4-5 inches and I’m at 2.5 already.

2.5" really?  I'm at 1/2" here in the valley

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, MossMan said:

It’s a actually coming down at more of a clip than I was expecting...Things already turning white! 
27.3 degrees 

DP 22

29 and some ver light fairy dust falling. DP23.  Nothing on the ground.

• Like 2

Looks about 0.5" now. This isn't your typical "build a snowman" type of snow... this is the sledding/skiing/snowboarding powder stuff. Really cool for this late in the season. 

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
1 minute ago, Omegaraptor said:

SNOW. WASHINGTON COUNTY.

Will be closely monitoring over the next few hours. There seems to be sleet still mixed in, but it’s accumulating. Wonderful news.

Also look at that radar. The amount of moisture we have to work with is awesome to put it bluntly. Hope you (with all the kindness in the world lol) get absolutely buried with snow tonight.

• Like 6

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

I will say the wind is howling here like it never has since the September wind storm. Really really strong gusts.

• Like 2

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Temperatures are definitely sliding down in this area as well. Would like to see some bigger flakes.

Above Richmond Beach, Shoreline. 475 feet

2020-2021: 15.6", 2/15

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

Weather station/wx cam:
http://map.bloomsky.com/weather-stations/gqBxp6apnJSnqqm2

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWABOTHE144#history

Snowing at a good rate now.  Pretty much coming down sideways and the ground is finally getting white.  Down to 24 now.

• Like 4
  • Excited 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 35

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

6 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

SNOW. WASHINGTON COUNTY.

Will be closely monitoring over the next few hours. There seems to be sleet still mixed in, but it’s accumulating. Wonderful news.

Congrats, now fill that donut up!!! ☃️

• Like 2

<p><font size="3"><font color="purple"><b>Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.</font></b></font></font>

6 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

SNOW. WASHINGTON COUNTY.

Where in Washington county?  Full sleetfest Cooper Mtn. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Been lurking for awhile, first time poster. Tracking the storms as they come through has been super interesting to pay attention to.

Sticking pretty good in West Seattle, haven't gone back outside to check how much since I put my kids to bed but sidewalks and my street are completely covered now.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Bryant said:

Waiting for a WSW to be issued for Whatcom and Skagit after that WRF run

Yeah the weather person on Q13 just said 1-2” for your area...That will be slightly WRONG!! 

• Snow 1
3 minutes ago, wxmet said:

Keep in mind that with dry snow and high snow ratios snowflakes tend to be smaller that you would see with wet snow because dry snow is less likely to stick together. In those heavier bands, you may just witness a large amount of small snowflakes falling rapidly. Think Midwest style.

My last walk confirmed this, my foot prints from an hour ago were gone and it was just tiny snowflakes, I am being a weenie!  🌭

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Yeah the weather person on Q13 just said 1-2” for your area...That will be slightly WRONG!! 

Whatcom and Skagit are the only 2 counties on the west side that aren't under a warning at this point 

• Angry 1

...we have hours of precipitation to go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • scream 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

2 minutes ago, wxmet said:

Keep in mind that with dry snow and high snow ratios snowflakes tend to be smaller that you would see with wet snow because dry snow is less likely to stick together. In those heavier bands, you may just witness a large amount of small snowflakes falling rapidly. Think Midwest style.

U thinking this over performs? I got a feeling it does

• iFred locked and unpinned this topic