The Weather Forums

13 minutes ago, MV_snow said:

This area actually can do quite well in regional events like Feb 2019 without the east winds, but I had a gut feel we would be on the lower end of things this time. That said, the uniqueness of this experience is awesome and I wouldn’t trade that for a few more inches of the typical heavy wet cement we normally get.

I'm sure it can do well. I think I just moved here on an off couple years. 

And yeah, the experience was surreal especially last night. I'll never forget that. 

Weather station: https://maplevalleywx.com

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

West side of Olympia as of 7 PM is up to approximately 5 inches and still snowing steadily. 

I've been a part of several weather forums for the past 15 years and they more or less run the same. There is discussion among individuals with a large range in knowledge about weather and then there'

My front door in Troutdale this morning. Last night was incredible with 45-55 mph gusts for many hours. I'm on a hill around 300' directly facing east.

Posted Images

It’s hard to tell for sure because of the drifts, but it snowed heavily all night here and there’s at least 12” on the ground. Went out for a drive earlier and there’s stuck and abandoned vehicles everywhere - even trucks.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

When was the last time the PNW had a combined snow and ice storm to this level. This is just unbelievable. 

Very January 1980 like, although the amounts were heavier with that in the gorge.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, crf450ish said:

My friend lives in Frederickson and he's getting hammered. Already up to 5". 

This is driveway a couple hours ago. He didn't measure it but eyeballing it he says close to 6"

IMG_20210213_080727.jpg

• Like 1

Another family member house. 6" on the ground. This is in Yelm about a mile away from town. Guessing the upper elevations in and around the Bald Hills areas/Clearwood housing development got even more....

Edit: 6" not 16" typo

IMG_20210213_104927.jpg

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Not the best photo, but 8-10 inches seems like a safe bet. About 3-4 inches of compact snow in the roads 

FC73CA33-9FAB-42F3-8847-854FBC910BDF.jpeg

Holy crap!!!! Nice!!!!! 

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

When was the last time the PNW had a combined snow and ice storm to this level. This is just unbelievable. 

1996, 2004, 2008-09, 2011-2012

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

No offense but there is not 20 inches of snow in union.  Looks about like 12 or so on roofs. 

Roofs are not an accurate place to measure snowfall. It doesn't accumulate the same there. If properly measured with a snow board that is regularly cleared and remeasured, that looks like it's about 20 inches that fell. Weird thing to nit pick.

• Like 1

Almost done snowing soon but still dumping! Will take a final measurement soon. 

089A0CD1-EC3A-4051-A1F4-00A9CB1A591C.jpeg

C5F78F79-9026-4763-B33E-1547C47CF962.jpeg

• Like 4

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-14

Monthly rainfall-5.05”

Cold season rainfall-31.87”

Snowfall-15.5”

1 hour ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Jim must of got ripped off again. 

I feel like he lives in the absolute worst location for snow. The micro climate at his exact locale must be some sort of strange anomaly. 

Been snowing nonstop but snow is starting to pick back up again here in north seattle. Radar seems to be backfilling like a convergence is starting up.  Hope that’s the case. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, crf450ish said:

I feel like he lives in the absolute worst location for snow. The micro climate at his exact locale must be some sort of strange anomaly. 

We can do well sometimes but from hearing reports from elsewhere it appears we were somewhat in a screw hole in this one. Hope he was at least able to appreciate how surreal of an event it was.

• Like 2

Looks like EUG hit the 50-burger!!!

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 36 (Most recent: Feb 24, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

GoFundMe: www.gofundme.com/CollegeBasketballvsEpilepsy

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

Just had another nice snow shower pass through.  I'm surprised how quick it is warming.  It was 25 this morning and now 32.5 out.  Hopefully that will be the max for today.  We will see....

Just finished shoveling snow off of driveway and backyard. 

A little over 8” and still going... pretty incredible to see and hear the wind howling earlier this morning too. Rooftops that are exposed to the wind got snow completely wiped off. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, paulb/eugene said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3e137e753f27e1ef77275dd5bb9af37b.jpeg

Where is this? Near Salem?

Personal Stats:

Just now, Meatyorologist said:

unnamed.png.32c07b47944f650c318626079880a047.png

In only just over a month, the rate at which we gain daylight each day will begin to decrease as we begin our march to WINTER 2021-22!!!

This post makes me happy. 😁 The changing daylight is very noticeable now..an ominous sign that the season of evil is approaching. 

• Like 1
  • Meteorologist

Latest NAM and HRRR suggests another 4-5 hours of snow in the Seattle metro area associated with the back-edge of the low as it moves east of the area. Look for precipitation to funnel in from the north.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, Snowdrift said:

High end regionwide event

Serious question, are we part of the region anymore? It feels like we are some "no-man's land" that isn't southern OR (I do not feel like we are like that biome to this point). So I just kinda feel like we don't matter down here and aren't part of any region.

Personal Stats:

1 minute ago, wxmet said:

Latest NAM and HRRR suggests another 4-5 hours of snow in the Seattle metro area associated with the back-edge of the low as it moves east of the area. Look for precipitation to funnel in from the north.

🙂

IMG_4924.thumb.JPG.66e497c1073eeff1fea7266f62c6f42a.JPG

Averaged around 7.5" here; roughly 0.5" short of my previous record of 8" from February 9th, 2019, and sitting comfortably in second place. Still have some more echoes forming on radar, so that record could very much be in jeopardy. Regardless, a top-tier snowfall for my location... absolutely ecstatic about the results so far.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
2 minutes ago, wxmet said:

Any idea on the impact to North Kitsap with this feature?  Been really quiet here the last few hours.

2 minutes ago, wxmet said:

Already doing so on radar!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, HoodCanalBridge said:

Any idea on the impact to North Kitsap with this feature?  Been really quiet here the last few hours.

Flurries turning back to light snow right now here in Kingston. You should see the same, I'd think.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

unnamed.png.32c07b47944f650c318626079880a047.png

In only just over a month, the rate at which we gain daylight each day will begin to decrease as we begin our march to WINTER 2021-22!!!

Two more weeks of winter light where the mid day sun gives a golden glow.

Six weeks left where decent low land snow is still possible.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Serious question, are we part of the region anymore? It feels like we are some "no-man's land" that isn't southern OR (I do not feel like we are like that biome to this point). So I just kinda feel like we don't matter down here and aren't part of any region.

Eugene has always been a little south of many of the more impactful Portland/Seattle events. Just the nature of the beast since they're so far from the gorge. When there's more shallow, low level based arctic air like this it tends to lead to the crazier totals up north. 

• iFred locked and unpinned this topic