Valentines and Presidents Day Oklahoma and Mid West Smasher.

Clinton

19 minutes ago, OKwx2k4 said:

This is the odd storm where the outlier model, which is also definitely the most dry, is the euro. I still like a 4-6 call over my region for the 1st wave.

Trends are our friends. If I get under that convective thunder band, I'll be one excited fella.

I think your 4-6 is a good call on that first wave.  I still worry about dry air here, I'll feel better when the flakes start to fly.

2 hours ago, Clinton said:

I'm at 2 degrees with a dew point at -9 so I've got some saturating to do.

00z Euro is giving you and KC some hope...I like what I'm seeing in terms of LES/LEHS for MBY...

1.png

2 hours ago, OKwx2k4 said:

Snow starting up early to my west. Been lightly flurrying for 3 days. Almost like it just can't wait to get started.

2.png

I like that comment and it def sounds like mother nature is gearing up for a wild ride down south.  You are by far the most patient person on here waiting for a solid period of cold and snow.y winter patter.  This is YOUR week to enjoy.  I'm hopeful you'll get at least 10" of pure powder to enjoy with your family.  I can imagine what it will look like down in OK with the rolling hills and open land.  I recall driving through the Ozarks in NE OK and the beauty of the landscape.  Now I can imagine what it will look like with a blanket of snow!

• Like 3
  • Snow 1

1 minute ago, Tom said:

@Clinton, you getting some good returns?  Btw, 06z Euro did bump NW and showing a healthier defo zone swing through your area and up into the lower lakes.

Good morning and I'm getting some good snow.  Very exciting, slept later than I meant to.  How awesome to be getting moderate snow at 0

• Snow 1

32 minutes ago, Clinton said:

@mlgamer and @Jayhawker85looks like the snow is closing in on KC.

Started snowing here roughly 5 AM...a steady snow continues with fairly small flakes. Still, I measured 1/2" on the deck a few minutes ago. I was out on I-70 west of town this morning and it was blowing and drifting in the low areas. Radar shows heavier snow may move into the area. A nice start anyway....

• Snow 1

23-24 seasonal snow total: 17.8" (as of 3/9/24)

Last nites Euro looks fantastic as well as other models as well.

• Like 1

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Man I am loving the NW trend. LE is also going to be HUGE so could be looking at some impressive numbers when all said and done. 

Exactly......that NW trend has been the theme this year. You guys in Chicago could be looking at some high accumulations b4 all set and done.  I have a feeling that by the time these 2 storms are done by weeks end, there will be huge amounts of snow otg.

• Like 2

Snowfall for Winter 2023 -24 for Metro Detroit Area 

Oct 2023: 0.2" AN

Nov 2023: 2.2" AN

Dec 2023: 0.5" BN Insane!

Jan 2024: 17.0" AN

Feb 2024: 1.9"  BN

Mar 2024: 4.9" BN

April 2024:

Season So Far: 26.7"

52 minutes ago, Clinton said:

12z NAM looks great for you guys upstream.  @Tom @jaster220 @Niko

snku_acc.us_mw.png

Thx buddy. Honestly tho Idk what to make of this storm. All these Op maps via Kuchie are eye candy pink and reds on Valentine's Day. Then I see the EPS with it's "few inches" and that has been more the reality this season here. The take-away for me is the trend which at least has not been worse or further SE. Another plowable snow is my goal. Anything bigger would be a plus in my book.

In the meantime you and OKwx enjoy a storm of your own for a change. Good Luck!

• Like 2

Winter 2023-24 Snow Total = 52.8" (89% Normal Season)  Largest Storm: 12" (1/12-13)   Oct: 0.1 Nov: 2.9 Dec: 7.5 Jan: 31.7 Feb: 6.0 Mar: 4.1 Apr: 0.0

Avg = 59.2"  (Harrison): 2023-24 = xx.x" 

Avg = 45.0"  (KDTW): 2022-23 = 33.5"   2021-22 = 35.6"    

Avg = 49.7"  (KRMY): 2020-21 = 36.2"   2019-20 = 48.0"   2018-19 = 56.1"   2017-18 = 68.3"    2016-17 = 52"    2015-16 = 57.4"    2014-15 = 55.3"    2013-14 = 100.6" (coldest & snowiest in the modern record!)  2012-13 = 47.2"    2011-12 = 43.7"

Legit Blizzards (high winds and dbl digit snows): Feb 2011, Dec 2009, Jan 2005, Dec 2000, Jan 1999, Mar 1998, Nov 1989, Jan 1982, Jan 1978, Jan 1977, Apr 1975, Mar 1973, Jan 1967, Feb 1965, Jan 1918

1 minute ago, jaster220 said:

Thx buddy. Honestly tho Idk what to make of this storm. All these Op maps via Kuchie are eye candy pink and reds on Valentine's Day. Then I see the EPS with it's "few inches" and that has been more the reality this season here. The take-away for me is the trend which at least has not been worse or further SE. Another plowable snow is my goal. Anything bigger would be a plus in my book.

Thank you buddy as of right now and looking at the radar it looks like the old NAM may have done the best job, we'll see how it finishes out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaster220 said:

FWIW, the EPS has been trending wetter and better for us on the NW side of the storm.  @Niko @kush61 have been locked in for a couple days now.

I’m digging the better LEHS signal into NE IL and the better looking defo zone blossoming NW.  I want to see the UKIE/Euro and Canadian come on board.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1