The Weather Forums

Valentines and Presidents Day Oklahoma and Mid West Smasher.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Took some pictures yesterday before and after shoveling the light and fluffy powder.  This was 30:1 ratio snow and it blew and drifted quite easily creating some beautiful drifts. That’s one of the pe

This might be the funniest thing yet. 🤣    

Pics from mom in desoto county MS. Looks like it might be lower end of forecast there, but 4-5” and still snowing. Why does she take better pics than me LOL

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, OKwx2k4 said:

Starting to look a lot more like a solid 5-6 out of the first part. I'm more than happy with that. The second part looks intense too.

GFS is looking strong on the storm Wednesday.  Snow on top of snow!

• Like 3

Not too often you see MEG (Memphis NWS) put out a map like this. Memphis officially hasn't recieved a 6"+ storm since January 1988. You don't get into top 10 territory until 8.1". Can't find any tables, but theres numerous snowfalls in the 6-8" range as well prior to 1988. Nebraska has its moments, but MEM is the anti snow king. 

May be an image of map and text that says 'Total Snow and Sleet Accumulations Sunday thr ough Monday WERTHE Weather Forecast Office Memphis, TN Issued Feb 13, 2021 2:56 PM CST Pocahontas 6-8" Union City Kennett 4-6" 8" Paris Batesville 55 Jonesboro Dyersburg 6-8" 6-8" Covington 40 Searcy Jackson 6-8" Memphis 6-8" . Little Rock Bolivar (in) Parsons Amounts Snow Total Storm 3" Corinth 4 Pine Bluff Senatobia 3-4" Oxford Clarksdale 55 ω 1-2" Tupelo NWSMemphis #tnwx #arwx #mowx #mswx <1" Grenada Aberdeen Airbar h weather.gov/memphis'

• Like 5

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   

2018-19: 55.5"   

2019-20: 17.6"   

2020-21: 49.4" (so far)

Average: 25.9"

17 minutes ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

The largest state in the country is almost entirely covered by a winter storm warning

US.png

Criteria is relaxed to basically nothing the further south you get, but still very impressive. Especially with the cold/zr/snow mix happening so far south. Houston's high of 20 on Monday has me rolling. It couldn't get that cold here all winter until last week. 

• Like 5

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   

2018-19: 55.5"   

2019-20: 17.6"   

2020-21: 49.4" (so far)

Average: 25.9"

1 minute ago, Clinton said:

18z Euro:  Wx Bell is using ridiculously high ratios of 30-1 so I would shave a few inches off these totals.

1613487600-BdEEOpFiH0s.png

Very high snow ratios w temps in the "Single Digits" Monday nite. Very cold snowstorm.

• Like 1

Snowfall as of today:  Feb, 2021: 41.2"

1 hour ago, snowstorm83 said:

Criteria is relaxed to basically nothing the further south you get, but still very impressive. Especially with the cold/zr/snow mix happening so far south. Houston's high of 20 on Monday has me rolling. It couldn't get that cold here all winter until last week. 

In Houston the WSW criteria is 0.15" of ice or 2" of snow. Yeah, not much. 

• Like 3

>1" Snowfalls for Fargo-Hector Int'l Airport in 2020-21: 10/20 (4.2"), 10/22 (2.7"), 12/23 (1.2"), 12/27 (1.8"), 12/29-30 (4.1"), 1/23 (1.9"),

Total Snowfall for 2020-2021 @ KFAR: 26.8"            Coldest Low: -25*F (2/15)

First flake of the season: 10/15 @ 21:27 CDT

It's so odd seeing HGX mention blowing and drifting snow in Houston. 

• lol 1
  • scream 1

>1" Snowfalls for Fargo-Hector Int'l Airport in 2020-21: 10/20 (4.2"), 10/22 (2.7"), 12/23 (1.2"), 12/27 (1.8"), 12/29-30 (4.1"), 1/23 (1.9"),

This is the odd storm where the outlier model, which is also definitely the most dry, is the euro. I still like a 4-6 call over my region for the 1st wave.

Trends are our friends. If I get under that convective thunder band, I'll be one excited fella.

• Like 4
  • Snow 1
19 minutes ago, OKwx2k4 said:

This is the odd storm where the outlier model, which is also definitely the most dry, is the euro. I still like a 4-6 call over my region for the 1st wave.

Trends are our friends. If I get under that convective thunder band, I'll be one excited fella.

I think your 4-6 is a good call on that first wave.  I still worry about dry air here, I'll feel better when the flakes start to fly.

Every Kuchera run will be way overdone in Southeast Texas, even with sfc temps in the low 20s, there's still a massive warm nose to overcome which will slice and dice ratios.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Clinton said:

I'm at 2 degrees with a dew point at -9 so I've got some saturating to do.

00z Euro is giving you and KC some hope...I like what I'm seeing in terms of LES/LEHS for MBY...

1.png

2 hours ago, OKwx2k4 said:

Snow starting up early to my west. Been lightly flurrying for 3 days. Almost like it just can't wait to get started.

2.png

I like that comment and it def sounds like mother nature is gearing up for a wild ride down south.  You are by far the most patient person on here waiting for a solid period of cold and snow.y winter patter.  This is YOUR week to enjoy.  I'm hopeful you'll get at least 10" of pure powder to enjoy with your family.  I can imagine what it will look like down in OK with the rolling hills and open land.  I recall driving through the Ozarks in NE OK and the beauty of the landscape.  Now I can imagine what it will look like with a blanket of snow!

• Like 3
  • Snow 1

Many 00z EPS members throw back moisture NW of the Low into the Defo zone which will prob aid in better LEHS across NE IL.  This is a great scenario for Chicagoland.

1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new GFSv16 has been rock steady since a couple days ago that this storm would track farther NW than the old GFS and other model guidance.  It's not backing down and looking solid for Chitown.

snku_acc.us_mw.png

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tom said:

@Clinton, you getting some good returns?  Btw, 06z Euro did bump NW and showing a healthier defo zone swing through your area and up into the lower lakes.

Good morning and I'm getting some good snow.  Very exciting, slept later than I meant to.  How awesome to be getting moderate snow at 0

• Snow 1
32 minutes ago, Clinton said:

@mlgamer and @Jayhawker85looks like the snow is closing in on KC.

Started snowing here roughly 5 AM...a steady snow continues with fairly small flakes. Still, I measured 1/2" on the deck a few minutes ago. I was out on I-70 west of town this morning and it was blowing and drifting in the low areas. Radar shows heavier snow may move into the area. A nice start anyway....

• Snow 1
  • 20-21 snowfalls >=3": (Jan 1 - 4.5"); Season total (12.4")
  • 20-21 monthly: Oct (0.6"); Nov (Trace); Dec (Trace); Jan (7.6"); Feb (4.2"); Mar (Trace) as of 3/17
  • 20-21 temps: Oct(-3.2); Nov (+4.8); Dec (+4.5); Jan (+5.1); Feb (-11.3); Mar (+7.5) as of 3/17

Just extremely rare for this part of the country to see snow falling this hard at 0.  Just got off the phone with my father who is 70 and he says he has never seen it here.  I know other parts of the country get this every year but this is a real treat for me.

• Like 4
  • Tom unpinned this topic