Jump to content
The Weather Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Station ordered! Got you a Acurite model 01528. I really like this station, simple and easy to read. It's been solid at my cabin. I'll pm you tracking when I get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY when that day happe

Wow thanks guy's.  I've been very fortunate the last few years and business has been incredible.  I really enjoy helping and it really is a family on here. No other forum is like this place, I conside

I will make sure to post it when I get it set up!! Did you do to college? If so, then I will post a pic of the jersey with it if I have the jersey. Thank you so much. This brings tears to my eyes

Posted Images

Tim moving into Western Canada. 

500h_anom.na.png

  • Troll 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

We were living/working in Albany/Corvallis, and I worked in an office that was basically a concrete slab on top of the ground, and my wife worked at the main branch of the OSU credit union (big old concrete building with 1 floor below ground).  We were about a mile apart, I didn't feel a thing, but she said she started feeling sea sick, then the picture next to her started tapping on the wall.  She didn't figure it out until an hour or so later when news started circulating.  She said it was the weirdest sensation.

I did feel a bit nauseous from the motion as well!   

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up getting a pretty nice moonrise earlier. Currently mostly clear and 44. 

Seems like a night where I would expect to hear a lot of frogs, but not hearing many.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Ended up getting a pretty nice moonrise earlier. Currently mostly clear and 44. 

Seems like a night where I would expect to hear a lot of frogs, but not hearing many.

I was out at my Dad's the other night cutting wood and the frogs were going crazy. I hope they have not gotten into the fluoride in your area. 

  • Sad 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jginmartini said:

I did feel a bit nauseous from the motion as well!   

I feel you on that. I got earthquake sickness from the big 2019 Ridgecrest quake, took a long time to get that to go away.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

Looks like I ended up at 39.8 for the month after the 51 / 39 today.  That is 4 out of the last 5 Febs to average below 40.

Seriously we need an emoticon for cold weather. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I was out at my Dad's the other night cutting wood and the frogs were going crazy. I hope they have not gotten into the fluoride in your area. 

So then we are not the only ones having frogs go like crazy. Our plants are into mature stages of blooming. They refuse to listen to me when I tell them March can still be cold. Obviously they know something we don't! Hopefully the jokes not on us. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like 7 or 8 ensemble members go below -10 on tonight's run.  Pretty big deal so late in the season.  The operational and parallel both bring  a decent Canadian cold front through with Fraser outflow a bit down the road as well.

  • Like 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't heard any frogs and nothing blooming yet.  Usually we have dandelions starting flower by now.  I am kind of surprised about the frogs though.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

I haven't heard any frogs and nothing blooming yet.  Usually we have dandelions starting flower by now.  I am kind of surprised about the frogs though.

There are few things starting to flower in North Bend and Snoqualmie and definitely in Issaquah... but it seems later than usual this year.   I am guessing you are only referring to your yard.   

Looking at the surface details on the ECMWF run makes me think that things are going to start really coming to life this week.

  • Sun 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There are few things starting to flower in North Bend and Snoqualmie and definitely in Issaquah... but it seems later than usual this year.   I am guessing you are only referring to your yard.   

Looking at the surface details on the ECMWF run makes me think that things are going to start really coming to life this week.

Yea nothing here either. Saw some  blooms on a couple apple tree’s inside of Costco tho...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Things really don’t get going here until mid-April in the warmest years. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always find it strange that everything gets going weeks earlier at 1100’ 250 miles further north than the Willamette valley. An annual phenomenon, at least on this forum. Then at some point Tim will admit the flower pic he posted was one that blooms in the winter. Pretty sure that actually happened once. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Things really don’t get going here until mid-April in the warmest years. 

Its all subjective of course... but things normally come to life in March here.

I have lots of pics from past years... these were from late March 2019 in North Bend after our crazy cold February and early March that year.    The last one is from our yard at the same time.

 

55869261_2142135692521294_8965376697163579392_o.jpg

54230718_2125727337495463_8435764554771726336_o.jpg

56323670_2142134992521364_7214680609212334080_o.jpg

55736517_2141779739223556_4982734161593761792_o.jpg

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I always find it strange that everything gets going weeks earlier at 1100’ 250 miles further north than the Willamette valley. An annual phenomenon, at least on this forum. Then at some point Tim will admit the flower pic he posted was one that blooms in the winter. Pretty sure that actually happened once. 

And every year you act like things are dormant even in the valleys down there until May!   I don't remember anything about winter blooming flowers.

This was March 14, 2020 in North Bend... right when the COVID lockdown was starting.  I posted this pic on the forum that day and commented on the empty parking lot which was surreal.   If this is dormant and dead then I don't know what to tell you.  😃

90081710_2831241976943992_220537022937300992_o.jpg

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Its all subjective of course... but things normally come to life in March here.

I have lots of pics from past years... these were from late March 2019 in North Bend after our crazy cold February and early March that year.    The last one is from our yard at the same time.

 

55869261_2142135692521294_8965376697163579392_o.jpg

54230718_2125727337495463_8435764554771726336_o.jpg

56323670_2142134992521364_7214680609212334080_o.jpg

55736517_2141779739223556_4982734161593761792_o.jpg

I remember the flowering plums/cherries just got annihilated with the late March snow event in 2012. Down in the valley, they don’t grow up here. I know most trees don’t leaf out there until April. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The GEM has a nice blocking signature at day 1  could be something brewing, but the ECMWF has a nasty PV that could ruin it.  It's alone on hat feature for now.

At any rate it appears a drier pattern with opportunities for colder nights are in the offing.  Probably a couple of sunny warmer days in there too.  I'd bet a $20.00 bill  March will end up below normal.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

And every year you act like things are dormant even in the valleys down there until May!   I don't remember anything about winter blooming flowers.

This was March 14, 2020... right when the COVID lockdown was starting.  I posted this pic on the forum that day and commented on the empty parking lot which was surreal.   If this is dormant and dead then I don't know what to tell you.  😃

90081710_2831241976943992_220537022937300992_o.jpg

Salem area had 1-2” that day. Pdx had snow too. We had about 4-5” that morning. 
 

Those are flowering plums or cherries. Ornamentals which bloom early.

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I remember the flowering plums/cherries just got annihilated with the late March snow event in 2012. Down in the valley, they don’t grow up here. I know most trees don’t leaf out there until April. 

Yes... the trees are not fully leafed out here until later.    But its all subjective.    There are lots of things that come to life here in March... and I am sure they do down there as well.   If you are waiting until all the trees are fully leafed out to recognize spring then that is different.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites

People should check out the 1600s weather thread that Link started.  I decided to go reasonably in depth on some of his questions.

  • Like 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes... the trees are not fully leafed out here until later.    But its all subjective.    There are lots of things that come to life here in March... and I am sure they do down there as well.   If you are waiting until all the trees are fully leafed out to recognize spring then that is different.

Yeah, I mean things get going in the valley in March. Not so much up here. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Salem area had 1-2” that day. Pdx had snow too. We had about 4-5” that morning. 
 

Those are flowering plums or cherries. Ornamentals which bloom early.

Yeah... and that same area looks dead in January.   When things "come to life" is subjective.    And we can have snow in April.  It does not mean everything is still dormant. 👍

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

And... here... we... go...

No doubt.  

I think March is going to be quite interesting.  Probably pretty atypical a lot of the time.  Not seeing a whole lot of typical SW wind onshore flow ahead.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

People should check out the 1600s weather thread that Link started.  I decided to go reasonably in depth on some of his questions.

Nice.   That stuff absolutely fascinates me.    I often think about what it would be like to travel back in time and experience different time periods.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah, I mean things get going in the valley in March. Not so much up here. 

Even here the trees average about a week later for getting leafed out than in Auburn which is in the valley.  Some years a couple of weeks if conditions are right.  Elevation makes a huge difference as you get into the foothills in the spring.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

No doubt.  

I think March is going to be quite interesting.  Probably pretty atypical a lot of the time.  Not seeing a whole lot of typical SW wind onshore flow ahead.

The next 10 days at least look very typical of March.   It does not always have to so unusual.  This entire winter was not too unusual.   We had one impressive event for a couple days.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Nice.   That stuff absolutely fascinates me.    I often think about what it would be like to travel back in time and experience different time periods.

Me too.  I would love to experience the ice age as you might imagine.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TT-SEA said:

The next 10 days at least look very typical of March.   It does not always have to so unusual.  This entire winter was not too unusual. 

I think early on the lack of typical March wind will be the most notable thing.  After that there is a pretty solid signal for cold.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snow_wizard said:

Me too.  I would love to experience the ice age as you might imagine.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that Seattle was buried in like 3,000 feet of ice just 15,000 years ago.   That is very recent.  

  • Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

The next 10 days at least look very typical of March.   It does not always have to so unusual.  This entire winter was not too unusual.   We had one impressive event for a couple days.

Seemed like a boring late 90s early 2000s winter. 
 

 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snow_wizard said:

I think early on the lack of typical March wind will be the most notable thing.  After that there is a pretty solid signal for cold.

Looks pretty typical for March for the next 10 days... it does not always have to be unusual.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

I remember the flowering plums/cherries just got annihilated with the late March snow event in 2012. Down in the valley, they don’t grow up here. I know most trees don’t leaf out there until April. 

Just saw this post... you can't grow flowering cherries or plums there?    We have both in our yard and they do great.   There are many yards with flowering cherry trees up here in my area.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites

The EPS control is on board with a cold snap during the second week of March also.  It shows the same favorable northerly surface pressure gradient developing with a deep trough.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2020-21 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 54

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The cold west and warm east pattern shown on the models in the long range reminds me of March 2012.  

 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Link said:

So then we are not the only ones having frogs go like crazy. Our plants are into mature stages of blooming. They refuse to listen to me when I tell them March can still be cold. Obviously they know something we don't! Hopefully the jokes not on us. 

Sure you don’t mean budding? That’s the most we’re seeing here. 

The ornamental plums look like they are about a week from popping.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Garden season is just about here. Gotta prep the garden!

I don't have anything against gardening or people that likes it. My dad loves it and he's been prepping. If I don't have seasonal allergies, I would probably love gardening and spring very much also! The only thing I'm against is the seasonal effects that comes with it..... when the flowers blooms, I run straight for the Zyrtec. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cloud said:

I don't have anything against gardening or people that likes it. My dad loves it and he's been prepping. If I don't have seasonal allergies, I would probably love gardening and spring very much also! The only thing I'm against is the seasonal effects that comes with it..... when the flowers bloom, I run straight for the Zyrtec. 

I am extremely allergic but I still do it. I do a nose spray, eye drops and an allergy pill everyday from March to August essentially.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

I am extremely allergic but I still do it. I do a nose spray, eye drops and an allergy pill everyday from March to August essentially.  

Yeah, this is pretty much me also Mar/Apr thru Aug/Sept is hell!.... i also do some nasal wash that seems to help a lot. The most frustrating thing is that it's different every year since I noticed some years Zyrtec isn't quite as effective so I have to try different pills. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time remembering the last time our Cascade snowpack was THIS healthy this late into winter. Close to 150% snowpacks for most of the cascades, and Olympics overperforming at almost 170%. 

As long as Mid-March turns around the precipitation, this could be a long-lasting snowpack. Might even keep a bit below 5,000 in some parts to next fall.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Yeah, this is pretty much me also Mar/Apr thru Aug/Sept is hell!.... i also do some nasal wash that seems to help a lot. The most frustrating thing is that it's different every year since I noticed some years Zyrtec isn't quite as effective so I have to try different pills. 

I rotate every month with different allergy pills. I would love to get allergy shots but my work schedule is not conducive with it. Have you tried allergy shots?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

I rotate every month with different allergy pills. I would love to get allergy shots but my work schedule is not conducive with it. Have you tried allergy shots?

I asked my doctor about it last year and they said they would have to send me to an allergist to run some tests and stuff to see if an allergy shot is needed. I never really got around to do that. I kinda want to see how it goes this spring and summer... if it gets too bad and I can't seem to handle it anymore, then it's probably time. 

I've heard a lot of good things about it since  one  of my friend got his years back, you should consider. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Just saw this post... you can't grow flowering cherries or plums there?    We have both in our yard and they do great.   There are many yards with flowering cherry trees up here in my area.

That surprises me. The ones down in the valley always seem to get hit very hard by snow/ice, especially late season events. I am sure they can grow up here, but it seems like they would get pulverized. There is a type of wild cherry that does grow up here, but its a lot different than the ornamental types. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Through day 10 the 06z GFS is pretty chilly. This system around day 10 looks like a colder version of late last week. 

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_nwus_40.png

  • Excited 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Noticed February was well below normal across most of Alaska. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • iFred unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...