The Weather Forums

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Station ordered! Got you a Acurite model 01528. I really like this station, simple and easy to read. It's been solid at my cabin. I'll pm you tracking when I get it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY when that day happe

Pm me your address and I'll send you a weather station brother. I'm dead serious. 

Wow thanks guy's.  I've been very fortunate the last few years and business has been incredible.  I really enjoy helping and it really is a family on here. No other forum is like this place, I conside

Posted Images

45/37 today. Will be interesting to see if we can add a few more inches of snow to our monthly total of 15.5”. Wouldn’t be surprised if we did...but not counting on it. 

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

Cold season stats  

Coldest low-25

Coldest high-32

Freezes-15

Monthly rainfall-0.00”

Cold season rainfall-32.09”

Snowfall-15.5”

I haven’t yet been around the south Portland metro and down to Salem. Oregon folks— how’s the damage from the ice storm? I’ve heard it’s pretty dang bad down there— even up in my neighborhood there are many trees down.

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

20 minutes ago, MossMan said:

My snow cover looks pretty much identical to this day 2yrs ago! Maybe just slightly less but close! 

9ECD9155-2742-4F27-B4BA-942DE1F18AE6.jpeg

19850C7F-D64C-4B82-9E48-917C2549500D.jpeg

Amazingly similar! 

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

48 minutes ago, MossMan said:

My snow cover looks pretty much identical to this day 2yrs ago! Maybe just slightly less but close! 

9ECD9155-2742-4F27-B4BA-942DE1F18AE6.jpeg

19850C7F-D64C-4B82-9E48-917C2549500D.jpeg

Some of your landscaping really took off the last couple years!  Congrats!

• Excited 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

Some of your landscaping really took off the last couple years!  Congrats!

I had severely pruned everything the fall of 2018, it was way out of control when we bought the place in May of 2018. 

065BFA12-1999-475B-9FF0-86E0DFBC7BFF.jpeg

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Looking like a decent shot at snow here tomorrow morning.  Sitting at 34 and dewpoint of 32 already.  

I think there's a good chance you and possibly Chris start as snow tomorrow. Especially if you get decent precip rates by 10AM or so.

Bremerton is already down to 32.

Everett Snowfall

2018-19: 24.75"

2019-20: 10.5"

1/10: 0.5"

1/12: 5.5"

1/13: 1"

1/14: 1.5"

1/15: 2"

3 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

I think there's a good chance you and possibly Chris start as snow tomorrow. Especially if you get decent precip rates by 10AM or so.

Hopefully precipitation can move in ahead of schedule and looking at radar it might. 

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

4 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Not really feeling it this go around for here, temp is only down to 38 with a 32 DP, and there is this:

925mb (27).gif

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Hopefully precipitation can move in ahead of schedule and looking at radar it might. 

18Z ECMWF precip loop for next 24 hours... this is measureable precip and not a radar projection.  

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-precip_1hr_inch-1613584800-1613588400-1613692800-20.gif

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Total snow map?

The precip loop was for timing... here is total snow.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-total_snow_10to1-3692800.png

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Looks weak on precip. 

Not a big precip maker... the front is being sheared apart as it moves inland.    The main low is heading towards Juneau.

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

Not a big precip maker... the front is being sheared apart as it moves inland.    The main low is heading towards Juneau.

Interestingly the GFS has way more moisture. Especially near Hood Canal. Euro is probably closer though.

qpf_acc.us_state_wa.png

Everett Snowfall

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yeah was just looking at sat loop definitely a weakening splitting front.

2 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

Interestingly the GFS has way more moisture. Especially near Hood Canal. Euro is probably closer though.

qpf_acc.us_state_wa.png

Total precip per ECMWF...

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-precip_24hr_inch-3692800.png

7 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Bremerton already to 30 degrees. 

You can clearly see the cold air damming over there on the temp map... here is 10 a.m. tomorrow.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t2m_f-3671200.png

And here is 4 p.m. during the main part of the precip... then temps rise during the evening and overnight as the SW wind kicks in.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t2m_f-3692800.png

It looks fairly windy through Friday and actually all weekend.   I suspect my snow will be gone by Sunday.

• Windy 1

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

And here is 4 p.m. during the main part of the precip... then temps rise during the evening and overnight as the SW wind kicks in.

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t2m_f-3692800.png

Actually fairly cold everywhere.  That map shows the cold air damming well. 

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

I've lived out here near the canal since 2004 and I can tell you without a doubt that the marginal snow events have really decreased out here lately.  

On Bainbridge too. I got a lot of 1-3" cold air damming events when Seattle wouldn't get anything in the mid-late 2000's and I don't think my parents have had snow in one of those borderline setups in years.

Everett Snowfall

Actually fairly cold everywhere.  That map shows the cold air damming well. 

Yeah... expecting a cold light rain with a fairly strong east wind here during the afternoon tomorrow.  

• Rain 1

Just now, bainbridgekid said:

On Bainbridge too. I got a lot of 1-3" cold air damming events when Seattle wouldn't get anything and I don't think my parents have had snow in one of those borderline setups in years.

Yep what you mentioned about less small events with a warming climate makes sense i guess.  

• Rain 1

3 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I've lived out here near the canal since 2004 and I can tell you without a doubt that the marginal snow events have really decreased out here lately.  

I agree for here as well, during 2012 to about 2015 we saw many marginal overrunning events, maybe 1 or 2 since.

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

We still have about 6 inches on the ground here and didn't melt if any today.

I did not measure today.   It looks like went down a couple inches but does not look too different.    Calm and sunny and low 40s will not melt snow very fast here.   But a night of gusty SW winds will eat it up fast.  

• Windy 1

• iFred unpinned this topic