The Weather Forums

I ended with at only 1.1” or so, but around 0.40” liquid! Was kinda hard to push the ruler down through the solid snow/sleet mix. Also a very thin layer of ice on things.

• Like 2

‘20 - ‘21 season snowfall = 38.5”

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not my picture but it shows how wet and sticky the snow is. Beautiful!!

Someone in Jim Flowers' Facebook comments, who lives in Moorhead, IA (north of Omaha) is reporting 9".  Wow!  Gotta love the big, surprise over-performers.

Warnings issued for C.IA also!!!

Posted Images

20 hours ago, OmahaSnowFan said:

So sad and disgusting. Local Mets here posted these messages.

I did an internship at a tv station years ago for a meteorologist and he played me some of the messages he had received from people so pissed off bc of a forecast that was wrong. 🙄

7DE7C81A-2C1B-45A2-9A8F-5C615AC89AA3.jpeg

57DE98A1-94C0-445C-9F17-4756B1984000.jpeg

Probably the same people that will comment "hurdur omadome it's not going to snow idiots" 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   

2018-19: 55.5"   

2019-20: 17.6"   

2020-21: 49.4" (so far)

Average: 25.9"

15 hours ago, Sparky said:

I ended with at only 1.1” or so, but around 0.40” liquid! Was kinda hard to push the ruler down through the solid snow/sleet mix. Also a very thin layer of ice on things.

My core samples from 1” melted to 0.30” but not sure on accuracy (wouldn’t be lower) from that as had quite a bit of sleet and a bit of zr at first. All reports around me are much lower than even my cores, but I’m sure it was at least 0.30”. Lots of erroneous reporting? My winter liquid equivalent precipitation is normally higher than even official reports and it’s been that way for many years. 

‘20 - ‘21 season snowfall = 38.5”

3 hours ago, Sparky said:

My core samples from 1” melted to 0.30” but not sure on accuracy (wouldn’t be lower) from that as had quite a bit of sleet and a bit of zr at first. All reports around me are much lower than even my cores, but I’m sure it was at least 0.30”. Lots of erroneous reporting? My winter liquid equivalent precipitation is normally higher than even official reports and it’s been that way for many years. 

Whats your Dec, Jan, Feb melted  precip totals?  At one point  we melted ice and snow.  And we also  had way higher precip totals than  the official  Ottumwa  numbers.  I really dont believe  the  monthly  and yearly precip amounts can be trusted  from what ive seen in my part of rural Iowa.

• Tom unpinned this topic