ENSO 2021-22

OKwx2k4

I don't doubt the ultimate progression here is to weak CP style, but man, this thing just keeps cranking along. May be another year or may be ultimately a non-Niño warm phase fluttering on the .5 bar. My opinion.

Stuff is changing a lot globally right now. Very interesting.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OKwx2k4 said:

I don't doubt the ultimate progression here is to weak CP style, but man, this thing just keeps cranking along. May be another year or may be ultimately a non-Niño warm phase fluttering on the .5 bar. My opinion.

Stuff is changing a lot globally right now. Very interesting.

Edit/add...

The subsurface pentads are west/CP Niño all the way. Historically, when theres no cold pool anywhere in the PAC, the cold pools over the US.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That would be nice for us.  
The last good one brought us plenty of rain and some snow.  We’re due.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

On 6/19/2022 at 1:01 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Larry Cosgrove has been beating the warm neutral weak El nino drum for fall winter for months it seems interesting considering the cold enso waters 

BOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!

This really stinks!

100-101 today. 

• Sad 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2022 at 1:01 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Larry Cosgrove has been beating the warm neutral weak El nino drum for fall winter for months it seems interesting considering the cold enso waters 

Not sure why he is beating the drum of a warm/neutral Nino...he prob will start changing his tune this month.  Both the CanSIPS/CFSv2 have cooled the central PAC waters through the end of this year into JAN 2023.  Extended Nina??  

Edit: Long Live the "La Nina"....

image.gif

• Like 1

It’s killing the southern plains.  
Heat and drought are off the hook. 
Wildfires starting now.  
RAIN!!!!!

• Like 1

• Guest unpinned this topic