2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I promise there are tears of joy under these glasses. @MR.SNOWMIZERis arguably the most gracious person on this board. ūüôŹūüŹĽ I cannot thank you enough for this. Following the weather provides a type of p

Friends, This is OT so please forgive me for disrupting your weather discussions. I just want to provide another update since my last post few weeks back about my mother contracting covid. U

52F and beautiful in downtown Springfield. If someone needs a badass to install a weather station, then call up @SilverFallsAndrew because I can’t thank him enough for helping me with this. And @

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

All fun and games until someone falls off. Lol

Yep... I said the exact same thing to my son.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

12 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yep... I said the exact same thing to my son.

Young people like to act on bad ideas. I never did of course, but some young people...

What if the roof, the roof, the roof was on fire?  We don’t need no water let the motherf*cker burn.

• Excited 1
  • lol 3
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

41 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

I’ve never partied on a roof.....box unchecked :(.   I suppose it’s warmer up there.  Looks like their having fun though

Not as dangerous as doing a rolling move and bang your head on a tree to see if money comes out.

• scream 1

I remember climbing up on the roof of the house when I was about 9 years old when my sister was supposed to be watching me but was too busy jamming to Def Leppard Hysteria in her room...Yeah I would have died if I would have fallen with how high up the peak was. Oh I was lighting bottle rockets off while I was up there for extra height! 

• Excited 1
  • lol 1
9 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I remember climbing up on the roof of the house when I was about 9 years old when my sister was supposed to be watching me but was too busy jamming to Def Leppard Hysteria in her room...Yeah I would have died if I would have fallen with how high up the peak was. Oh I was lighting bottle rockets off while I was up there for extra height! 

I remember one year I was hanging Christmas lights on the roof when a bunch of clumsy/unfortunate mishaps occurred and I ended up hanging precariously from the gutter.  When it broke free, an ice dam (COLD WEATHER!!!) flew like a missile into the window of our neighbor Julia’s house.  It was classic.

• Like 1
  • lol 2
  • Confused 1
  • scream 2
  • Troll 1

I fell out of a 2nd-story window when I was 2 and hit the left side of my head.

• Popcorn 1
  • scream 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 49¬†(Most recent: Apr 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3¬†(Most recent: Dec 24)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I remember one year I was hanging Christmas lights on the roof when a bunch of clumsy/unfortunate mishaps occurred and I ended up hanging precariously from the gutter.  When it broke free, a ice dam (COLD WEATHER!!!) flew like a missile into the window of our neighbor Julia’s house.  It was classic.

And why is the carpet all wet TODD???

I DON’T KNOW, MARGO! 

• Like 1
  • lol 1
9 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Ouch.¬†ūü§ē Could¬†that be what triggered the condition you‚Äôve been dealing with lately?

• Excited 1
18 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

My friend lived in a 4th story apartment and his cat either jumped or fell out of the window.  There was a huge dent in the hedge below the window and the cat was outside so it's obvious it fell.  True story!

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 5

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

1 hour ago, Jginmartini said:

I’ve never partied on a roof.....box unchecked :(.   I suppose it’s warmer up there.  Looks like their having fun though

Terrible for the roof.  Kids don't think about that though.

• Sad 2

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

1 minute ago, jakeinthevalley said:

Gravity doesn't exist when you start partying.

Sadly, it gets stronger as the night goes on.

#physics

Drinking while up there would be a really bad idea as well.

• Angry 1
  • Storm 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

6 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Drinking while up there would be a really bad idea as well.

My son said they weren't drinking... they were up there discussing the weather models and temperature anomalies because those things are so important.¬†¬†ūüėĀ

• Excited 1
  • lol 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

31 minutes ago, Phil said:

Ouch.¬†ūü§ē Could¬†that be what triggered the condition you‚Äôve been dealing with lately?

I would say that's a strong likelihood. I started convulsing while awake within the next year, doing repetitive movements that I didn't realize were seizures at the time and my parents said my personality completely changed, going from very outgoing and charismatic to being incredibly confused and constantly forgetful by the time I was 6.

My 1st grade teacher didn't understand what I was dealing with so he sent me out into the hall a lot as discipline so I missed out on a lot of learning then. My subsequent 2nd and 3rd grade teachers were baffled by my 1st grade teacher's behavior towards me.

In retrospect, I think that ruined my confidence more than anything else. Being shamed in front of the class because of my convulsions and trying my hardest not to be disruptive, then getting made fun of by the other kids who said I was "playing pretend video games" with my hands while trying to control my movements. It then led to me getting distracted and then the teacher getting me in trouble because of it.

TBH, my parents kinda messed up my childhood, especially when not looking into what was wrong with me and the mild psychosis it has led to. I'm mostly just grateful that I got to help neurologists and neurosurgeons learn so much about the brain by studying me, even if I die on the operating table one day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Personal Stats:

Venmo

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

My WSU son just sent me this pic from Pullman... St. Patty's Day party on the roof.  Literally all of them had COVID last fall.   It's normal life there amongst the kids now.    And its 4 degrees cooler in Pullman than in North Bend.    :)

Screenshot_20210317-164918_Snapchat.jpg

Dude, go back to facebook. 

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Weenie 1
8 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

I would say that's a strong likelihood. I started convulsing while awake within the next year, doing repetitive movements that I didn't realize were seizures at the time and my parents said my personality completely changed, going from very outgoing and charismatic to being incredibly confused and constantly forgetful by the time I was 6.

My 1st grade teacher didn't understand what I was dealing with so he sent me out into the hall a lot as discipline so I missed out on a lot of learning then. My subsequent 2nd and 3rd grade teachers were baffled by my 1st grade teacher's behavior towards me.

In retrospect, I think that ruined my confidence more than anything else. Being shamed in front of the class because of my convulsions and trying my hardest not to be disruptive, then getting made fun of by the other kids who said I was "playing pretend video games" with my hands while trying to control my movements. It then led to me getting distracted and then the teacher getting me in trouble because of it.

TBH, my parents kinda messed up my childhood, especially when not looking into what was wrong with me and the mild psychosis it has led to. I'm mostly just grateful that I got to help neurologists and neurosurgeons learn so much about the brain by studying me, even if I die on the operating table one day.

That teacher is a s**t stain. Sorry you went through that, man. I’m still holding out hope you find a cure or treatment plan some day that allows you the freedom you deserve.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Phil said:

That teacher is a s**t stain. Sorry you went through that, man. I’m still holding out hope you find a cure or treatment plan some day that allows you the freedom you deserve.

What made me even more sad was that his son would constantly bully me as we went to the same school for many years, he was one grade ahead of me and I even tried to be his friend but he always made me feel stupid and like I would always be some weirdo that wouldn't amount to anything.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

Personal Stats:

Venmo

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

My WSU son just sent me this pic from Pullman... St. Patty's Day party on the roof.  Literally all of them had COVID last fall.   It's normal life there amongst the kids now.    And its 4 degrees cooler in Pullman than in North Bend.    :)

Screenshot_20210317-164918_Snapchat.jpg

I have people in my family that are extremely high risk so I haven't gone out and partied my senior year of college. Photo's like this make me feel like I am missing out but safety first. Tell him to take a shot for me!

shots tequila GIF

• Downvote 2

Weird temp roller coaster late this afternoon went from 56 to 53 then up to 58. So a 58/32 spread today 26 degree range. Caught a nice sunset and and eagle in the middle picture above the Madrona tree. Has been a really good month for sunrises and sunsets. 

FB81CB35-5889-4BA2-932A-B2DE9574BE5B.jpeg

D70BEFF8-6D55-4E6E-8406-2DDD704C0835.jpeg

5AEE2722-6603-4AAE-8F58-C050FC06156A.jpeg

• Like 9

Warm Season Stats

+80s-0

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-0.39‚ÄĚ

Warm Season Rainfall-0.39‚ÄĚ

Warmest high temp-63

00Z GFS shows some warm air ahead of the rain that comes in later tomorrow.

gfs-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-6112000 (1).png

• Like 1

00Z parallel GFS shows the same thing...

gfs-deterministic-para-washington-t2m_f_max6-6112000.png

2 hours ago, FroYoBro said:

Dude, go back to facebook. 

Would be nice if people would stop quoting that creepy post tbh.

I‚Äôm¬†sure none of those kids imagined¬†their likenesses being shared on a weather forum to help a middle aged man make some demented point about weather preferences. ūüėā

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1
17 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’m sure none of those kids imagined their likenesses being shared on a weather forum to help a middle aged man make some demented point about weather preferences.

ūüėĀ

Wow.   I am sure images of that party are literally all over the internet now.  That is all kids do these days.    

And ironically... I am sure most of them referenced the weather when posting pics from today.

• Downvote 1

00Z GFS shows Sunday being a cold and damp day for western WA like the ECMWF has been showing...

gfs-deterministic-washington-t2m_f_max6-6371200.png

18 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have no comment. 

• Popcorn 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 52.02"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

10 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

There’s a 99.7% chance that at least one of the girls in that photos is named Brianna.

There is also a 99.9% chance that thousands of people have seen pics from that party.   My son has hundreds of followers on instagram and he thinks that is low.   And everyone there was posting pics of course.

It's like a retweet.  It was a very public event.

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There is also a 99.9% chance that thousands of people have seen pics from that party.   My son has hundreds of followers on instagram and he thinks that is low.   And everyone there was posting pics of course.

It's like a retweet.  It was a very public event.

Mmkay.

• Popcorn 1

33 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I‚Äôm¬†sure none of those kids imagined¬†their likenesses being shared on a weather forum to help a middle aged man make some demented point about weather preferences. ūüėā

How about my roof pic! 

69995B19-5B99-4D48-B8E8-E774D7FF6036.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Confused 1
  • Troll 1
10 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Mmkay.

I just wonder why the police are so passive there.    They are up on a roof with music blasting and drinking in the middle of the day.   And I guess there were other roof parties today.   The town is not that big.   Back in August my son got a $250 ticket for having two friends over to their house because it violated COVID rules.    But apparently partying on the roof is perfectly fine now.    

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I just wonder why the police are so passive there.    They are up on a roof with music blasting and drinking in the middle of the day.   And I guess there were other roof parties today.   The town is not that big.   Back in August my son got a $250 ticket for having two friends over to their house because it violated COVID rules.    But apparently partying on the roof is perfectly fine now.    

image.png.f3a0dc349efbb813412270b9c7cb48f4.png

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

Both GFS models look pretty dry after Monday... 12Z ECMWF went that direction as well.  

I was sure we were headed to an overdue wet pattern.    April and May are going to be wet.  

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Both GFS models look pretty dry after Monday... 12Z ECMWF went that direction as well.  

I was sure we were headed to an overdue wet pattern.    April and May are going to be wet.  

Dry now, so the jet is going to start raging soon.

This forecasting strategy has worked out excellently in the SW US since 2013

• Weenie 1
1 minute ago, Omegaraptor said:

Dry now, so the jet is going to start raging soon.

This forecasting strategy has worked out excellently in the SW US since 2013

It works just fine for western WA.¬† ¬†ūüĎć

17 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

17 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I would like a dry weekend. 

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, MossMan said:

I would like a dry weekend. 

There might be some dry periods on Saturday.    But Sunday looks similar to this past Sunday.

• Like 1

Looks like the parallel GFS is going to be an eye candy dispenser like its predecessor.  

Andrew... check out hour 324.     

• Excited 1

A little east wind here now... going to be warmer tonight.

SEA is still at 50 at 10 p.m. with a SE wind.

Geeze.  Another run where both GFS models get quite cold at the end of the month.  850s drop to -8 on the regular and -10 on the parallel.  I was looking at my records for March 2009 and that year had snow five days in a row to finish out the month.  it can happen.  I think the only analog for the parallel would be 1936.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

3 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

I feel really bad for you.  If that fall is what caused this that is some of the worst luck you could have.  My son has cerebral palsy so I know full well the hardships that come with brain injuries.

• Like 4

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

3 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

Geeze.  Another where both GFS models get quite cold at the end of the month.  850s drop to -8 on the regular and -10 on the parallel.  I was looking at my records for March 2009 and that year had snow five days in a row to finish out the month.  it can happen.  I think the only analog for the parallel would be 1936.

There was 6 inches of snow here on April 1st just 3 years ago in 2018.

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

A little east wind here now... going to be warmer tonight.

SEA is still at 50 at 10 p.m. with a SE wind.

This is one case where I can be one of the coldest areas if the east wind doesn't get here which it probably won't in this case.  Down to 42 right now.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

There was 6 inches of snow here on April 1st just 3 years ago in 2018.

Yeah...late events haven't been that rare in recent years.  When I brought up 1936 it was for the cold and snow combo shown on the parallel.  The 1936 snow event was also widespread.  Really a stand out for so late.

Death To Warm Anomalies!

Winter 2020-21 stats

Total Snowfall = 7.0"

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 23

Lows 32 or below = 52

Highs 32 or below = 2

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 5

• iFred unpinned this topic