What fell apart with this La Nina?

Link

Back in September/October all the ducks seemed lined up in a row but then everything kept being held back which I knew by Dec it was over as unless a major outside force as in outside of our planet effecting trajectory of storms it was useless to hope.   We are well stuck in this El Nina idiotic synoptic pattern.

Even the big guys got hosed who predicted things. Where did we go so wrong  it's like that massive Chinese 2011 high speed train derailment for our weather. 

• lol 1
  • Downvote 1

Don't know where you are, but the Nina did pretty much what it was expected to do in the PNW.  Not as cold as some would have liked, but the mountain snow pack is well above normal, as is typical in a Nina.  And many lowland areas had significant snow.  Also a pretty decent arctic outbreak in February.  

Seems like a typical Nina to me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

Don't know where you are, but the Nina did pretty much what it was expected to do in the PNW.  Not as cold as some would have liked, but the mountain snow pack is well above normal, as is typical in a Nina.  And many lowland areas had significant snow.  Also a pretty decent arctic outbreak in February.  

Seems like a typical Nina to me.

We only got an inch of snow here near Stayton and lost power for 4 days due to 0.75 of ice but not really any of this elusive 'snow' you guys keep bragging about.   Perhaps closing my eyes and clicking my heels would fix that? Turns out Corvallis didn't even get the ice at all which is where we did a 'staycation'.  It was near 50F almost the whole time except one rainy day.  I know it sounds hard to believe while the rest of you froze like polar bears and I wouldn't have believed it myself till going down there.  Oh and things were budding pretty good down there much more then here.

• Sun 1
  • Downvote 1

• 1 year later...