February 3rd-4th Plains Winter Storm

clintbeed1993

No it's not lol. We're only expecting 1-2" from that. The potential biggy is the Tuesday storm. If that does't pan out we're are screwed.

KC will be okay IMO. I think the storm will have a large defo band and Kansas City will still get in on some of the heaviest. It seems that most times we do good you guys do okay too at the least. EURO should be interesting.

KC will be okay IMO. I think the storm will have a large defo band and Kansas City will still get in on some of the heaviest. It seems that most times we do good you guys do okay too at the least. EURO should be interesting.

Not always the case. That's a soar subject for us here given our history withthe dreaded rain/snow line and dry slot lol. Although we've done well in recent years with the exception of 2011-2012 winter.

I think it's just for the event. Hopefully we can get some snow later today or else this system (today) is a total bust. 12z GFS though  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  why can we just not be at the event yet?!?!

http://wxcaster.com/gis-gfs-snow-overlays.php3?STATIONID=OAX

WOW been a while since I've seen that clown map look that good for our area! I wish it was here already, too many things can go wrong before this event gets here. 

My gosh people.  This is why I wish I was in the Great Lakes forum sometimes. The GFS was consistent for like 3 days, you can't expect it to be like that every single time. It's one model. EURO was great, even with the lack of precip, still shows 6-8", and we're in a perfect spot for that backside defo-band that usually hits Eastern Nebraska with storms like this. I'll lose optimism if the trends keep moving further away from this point, but don't throw in the towel from just one model!!!!!

My gosh people.  This is why I wish I was in the Great Lakes forum sometimes. The GFS was consistent for like 3 days, you can't expect it to be like that every single time. It's one model. EURO was great, even with the lack of precip, still shows 6-8", and we're in a perfect spot for that backside defo-band that usually hits Eastern Nebraska with storms like this. I'll lose optimism if the trends keep moving further away from this point, but don't throw in the towel from just one model!!!!!

If you recall the x mas blizzard of 2009 the models flipped back and forth up until 24 hrs before the event. Euro looked good plus the storm won't be on shore until tomorrow night, things could get better or worse time will tell.

Weather forecasting is about following trends. 18z and 06z are notoriously inaccurate models. It is not on shore, but about 72 hours out where we are sitting is fine. The GFS is not the end all be all. To early for my amounts, but without a doubt the most snow in one shot yet this season. 6 inches or more looks good for now Omaha on South