February 3rd-4th Plains Winter Storm

clintbeed1993

I def. wouldn't say congrats Lincoln u won again. We haven't won all year and this may be our one storm

In terms of the snow we have had this year and it isn't much, I would say you have won for this part of the state. Ever snow we have had it's been the same story for me, a brush by I have seen half the amounts every time from what Lincoln received. I'm not complaining just not my year...

My thinking is a band of 6-10 inches right through Lincoln-Omaha and with some 8-14 amounts furthur SE ecp along border into a good chunk of E KS. SW IA looks solid on that 6-10 band to but more advisory type as you head towards DSM.

Have I mentioned how much I love you lately...?

If it wasn't for dry air and that hp to the north of us we wouldn't have to worry about such a sharpe cut off in the precip. It won't take much for things to change for everybody; this will literally come down to the day of the event to play out.

I agree Gabel. This year has been bad for you guys. Really for this entire area but yes Lincoln has probably gotten the best snows out of everywhere in the state minus Nebraska city and Auburn. Those guys are right at average, same with Valentine. Hope you guys can get at least a few inches out of this. Guess time will tell and hope we can put blades on the ground tomorrow night.

Yeah Gabel, I feel really bad you're missing out on this for the most part. I'd love to see a NW shift so you could clock in on some good totals. Crossing my fingers for you bro.

I agree Gabel. This year has been bad for you guys. Really for this entire area but yes Lincoln has probably gotten the best snows out of everywhere in the state minus Nebraska city and Auburn. Those guys are right at average, same with Valentine. Hope you guys can get at least a few inches out of this. Guess time will tell and hope we can put blades on the ground tomorrow night.

Thx guys, don't get me wrong I would be fine with 2-4 and you guys 6-10. Just please no shift to the south east and take all of us out of it! I'll take what I get and hopefully by winters end we get a Colorado low that clobbers the entire state.

12z GFS/NAM a touch drier ahead of the system tonight. Ratios should be between 14:1 and 16:1 due to temps in between 15 and 20F throughout. If I were to guess, I'd say about 3-6 inches in Omaha with locally heavier amounts and maybe 5-8 inches in Lincoln where the heavier bands will set up initially later tonight with lesser amounts the further north you go and greater amounts the further south you go. So likely advisory snows for Omaha and Lincoln given the 24 hour period of snowfall, and Winter Storm Warnings for far southern Nebraska, eastern Kansas, and northwest Missouri.

Winter 2013-14 Snowfall(Through February 3rd): 10.3 inches

*Winter Storm(February 3rd-5th): No Current Watches and Warning, 3-6 inches forecasted.

Yeah you are. I think we'll do well in Lincoln too. I bet we'll get an advisory and people around here will freak out. However, I think we will end up with 6-10" total in and around the city. I wouldn't be surprised if banding ends up further north, or further south, hence the broad totals. It really could go either way given that we are literally on the edge of the heavy stuff especially here in downtown. I hope models are wrong and this banding sets up further north, generally models can't pinpoint exactly where they setup, so it's time to just check the radar and HRRR from this point. Going to be a fun one, hopefully. Hope for the best for everyone on this forum! B)