Super Bowl Weekend Major Snowstorm

Tom

Dear God, I come here and see there are 3 pages on this storm and come to find out 90% of it is arguing with each other. Someone in charge please do something about it.

Go to the New England subforum on Amwx. This is nothing compared to some of the things that go on over there.

I'm hopeful the trends of last nights increased qpf totals will continue to increase.  This system is originating from the eastern pacific (just west of Baja) and will also tap into Gulf moisture as it develops in the central CONUS.  2 big sources of moisture supply would suggest a system that shouldn't disappoint (unlike the Clippers we have seen this year).

I'm hopeful the trends of last nights increased qpf totals will continue to increase.  This system is originating from the eastern pacific (just west of Baja) and will also tap into Gulf moisture as it develops in the central CONUS.  2 big sources of moisture supply would suggest a system that shouldn't disappoint (unlike the Clippers we have seen this year).

Looks like the GOM is wide open for business so I agree^

12z Euro doesn't even have a storm...geeze, can't believe the Euro lost the storm completely.  It's not like it hasn't happened before.  Crazy to see this model flip flop around.  GGEM has been the only model with a consistent storm.  If this storm does end up happening like the GGEM is saying, gotta give it some credit

12z Euro doesn't even have a storm...geeze, can't believe the Euro lost the storm completely.  It's not like it hasn't happened before.  Crazy to see this model flip flop around.  GGEM has been the only model with a consistent storm.  If this storm does end up happening like the GGEM is saying, gotta give it some credit

EURO has been awful lately. Don't know what is up with it this winter. 

Wow, so basically going from all models on board to the GGEM vs. GFS/EURO. Ugh. Anyone else feel like the models have gotten worse this year?? It's crazy.

Not that it matters as I know it's been sucky as well, but what's the GFS Parallel been looking like through all of this?? 

Wow, so basically going from all models on board to the GGEM vs. GFS/EURO. Ugh. Anyone else feel like the models have gotten worse this year?? It's crazy.

Not that it matters as I know it's been sucky as well, but what's the GFS Parallel been looking like through all of this?? 

Parallel GFS is now the GFS. Old GFS retired

Parallel GFS is now the GFS. Old GFS retired

Oh weird! I'm slacking this year.. for a good reason though as we've had jack squat here. I hate to be that guy, but I too think I'm going to have to write of this storm. Chicago and other Midwestern folks, this is what our winter has been like for not only this year, but last year as well. Let that soak in on our hopefulness of anything. I feel bad you all have to experience this, but I hope you guys understand now why we complained, as you guys are finally getting the hint of what we had to deal with.

If the GGEM is somehow right though, I'd be ecstatic. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I'm going to invest anything into any models, it'd be the GFS. EURO completely sucked for that Nor'Easter, and GFS has been right atleast once this year. Hopefully that turn around occurs with the 18z runs.

• Like 1