1-31/2-1 Plains snow-event

DominicR

00z NAM coming in with a swath of 3-5 snows in NE/IA Thursday-Friday! Prehaps end to the snow drought in Omaha!

It is def. going to take more 3-5 inches to help our snow drought. We are in need of like 15 inches to even get close to normal this year. I dont think we are even going to come close to half the snow you guys have received this year.

00z NAM coming in with a swath of 3-5 snows in NE/IA Thursday-Friday! Prehaps end to the snow drought in Omaha!

Really? The end? Not even close! The pattern kicks right back into gear at the end of next week.  Hearing everything will be east of us again.  Worst winterI have ever been in. Windy, cold, and DRY!

Really? The end? Not even close! The pattern kicks right back into gear at the end of next week.  Hearing everything will be east of us again.  Worst winterI have ever been in. Windy, cold, and DRY!

Relax. It be nice to see several inches in this drought wouldn't it? We still have feb and march to go to.

Yea, true. I guess we should take what we can get since it will be another 2-3 months before we see snow again. Hope you guys are enjoying all the snow, must be nice.

Geesh Debbie Downer Dominic is trying to show some excitement for us here and he gets reactions like this. No wonder the Chicago guys don't post over here. And 2-3 months before it snows again? So you're saying it is going to snow in April or May?? I'll take it!!

I agree.  It is easy for Dominic to tell us to relax when he has seen more than 50 inches of snow this season.  He wouldn't understand what it's like this season over in Nebraska.

Okay so what would you like me to do for you guys. I will try to change the pattern in your favor. All I am saying is you have potential for a mod snow event in a few days. I would gladly take that right now in desperation if I were in such a drought. I been there and done that last few winter seasons and 90s sucked to.

My point was you guys complain about how dead it is on the plains side of the forum and then when Dominic actually starts a topic for an area he doesn't live in he gets all these negative posts. AND you guys don't contribute anything to the great lakes part of the forum yet it seems like you expect the guys from there to contribute to our area......

I agree.  It is easy for Dominic to tell us to relax when he has seen more than 50 inches of snow this season.  He wouldn't understand what it's like this season over in Nebraska.

Hmm...I wonder..I think just last year he went through a pretty rough time..

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/chicago-gets-1st-1-inch-snowfall-breaking-record

The city went 335 days, or about 11 months, without at least an inch, Friedlein said.

After all it is weather. We all go in phases and thats that. Some years are better than others. The plains dont see near the snow that they do around the lakes, and thats what we get for choosing to live here. No reason are argue over it. It is just easy for us to vent our frustrations on here when winter has been horrible. After all next year may be our year. Hard to say

Not once did i say we shouldn't be frustrated. I live in Lincoln, Im right there with ya with the frustrations, but what do you wanna do? Head south and push the storm this way? BTW i would if i could

Sad to say that we are all really excited for a system that will bring 1-3". Possibly the biggest storm of the year!!

OmahaBubble, it's the way things have been, so I can not argue with you. Dom/EastDubzz you also had hella precip during that "snow drought", whereas here in Neb we haven't even had a drop of rain. However, I commend both of your efforts coming into here trying to brighten things up, this could easily turn into a troll forum as many other forums/chats have regarding weather in Nebraska if it weren't for you guys. But honestly, telling us all to relax at this point is like telling your girlfriend to relax while she's on her period. It's not going to happen, it's going to make it worse. It's best you just tell us things that are untrue to try and make us feel better. 

Anyways, GFS still giving Lincoln and points west 6" of snow! Actually enjoying this trend right now, I could see someone in Nebraska getting lollipop 10" totals if model trends stay the way they are. I'm pulling for anyone in the Plains right now, so hopefully someone gets more than 8" atleast!

http://grib2.com/gis-gfs-snow-overlays3.php3?BASEHR=00Z&STATIONID=OAX

GGEM also gives us 10" in Lincoln. Leggo.

I'll really take anything to whiten up the ground. Been a long time since I have seen snow; kind of forget what it looks like.......Bad part with this thing is it's starting to slide off to the SE. Hasting still going with 2-3" in my area; I would be glad to see that. 

Dude I'd be ticked. If we don't get 2-3" I'm going to be highly dissapointed, and my hopes will shrivel for the next storm.

Btw wouldn't this be thundersnow in Kansas City??

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/for_web/hrrr_jet/2014013116/full/cref_sfc_f14.png

Dude I'd be ticked. If we don't get 2-3" I'm going to be highly dissapointed, and my hopes will shrivel for the next storm.

Btw wouldn't this be thundersnow in Kansas City??

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/for_web/hrrr_jet/2014013116/full/cref_sfc_f14.png

Looks like convection to me! I need this thing to shift NW just like next weeks storm! Your looking good in Lincoln; my area not so much........