1-31/2-1 Plains snow-event

DominicR

haha told you man! you guys will do well tonight. looks like we  might just get dusted... :( HRRR is awful for us now.

Local met adjusted total accumulations from 2-3 inches to 1 inch tonight, if that... and also downplayed next Tuesday's storm saying it will dive south - and it looks like the late week storm is going south as well. Seriously if we miss these three systems, I am sticking a personal fork in this Winter and doing something other than following weather until severe weather season... this year has been an incredible disappointment. I love snow, but absolutely despise extreme cold - so this Winter can suck it as far as I am concerned. Maybe next year (like the scrub Cubs always say)!?!

Local met adjusted total accumulations from 2-3 inches to 1 inch tonight, if that... and also downplayed next Tuesday's storm saying it will dive south - and it looks like the late week storm is going south as well. Seriously if we miss these three systems, I am sticking a personal fork in this Winter and doing something other than following weather until severe weather season... this year has been an incredible disappointment. I love snow, but absolutely despise extreme cold - so this Winter can suck it as far as I am concerned. Maybe next year (like the scrub Cubs always say)!?!

Who said that?? and I know man, I'm confused as to what the NWS is saying:

WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GENERATE SNOW MUCH MORE
EFFECTIVELY THAN WE DID THIS MORNING WHILE DRY AIR WAS IN PLACE.
SNOW RATIOS OF 12:1 SEEM QUITE REASONABLE OVER OUR AREA WHICH
CONTINUES TO PUT ANYWHERE 1-3" ALONG AND NORTH OF I-80 WITH A 3-4"
AREA SOUTH OF I-80. AREAS IN OUR NORTH NEAR THE SOUTH DAKOTA
BORDER WILL SEE GENERALLY UNDER AN INCH. WINDS SHOULD REMAIN
FAIRLY LIGHT AND SHOULDN`T BE MUCH OF AN ISSUE OVERNIGHT.

In regards to the next storm, I don't think we get missed. No way. 18z GFS has a widespread 12-16" once again, it's been showing this the past 8 runs. Never seen that kind of consistency. We'll be good. I'm banking on it. If not, I will delete my account so I don't have to deal with hearing about Chicago getting 12" every other 5 days.

Who said we are down to 1" tonight for Omaha?

Who said we are down to 1" tonight for Omaha?

Jim Flowers did, but I think I misread his post - he was basing it off this morning's Euro data... Everything I have seen is saying 1-3 inches for the Omaha metro, but I wouldn't doubt dry air being an issue again and leaving on the lower end.

As for next week, I guess I need to chill out because there is a long way to go. I guess the best part is we aren't in the bulls-eye right now - which you never seem to want to be in this far out.

Just a little frustrated with the lack of any snowfall this AM (was hoping we could get at least an inch, and only got a few flurries), and just crossing my fingers that a decent snowfall (in excess of 2 inches - low standards I know LOL) comes tonight for the first time in 6 weeks.

ended up with a whopping 1.3" here in Omaha from this storm. and let the season of disappointments continue..... Looks like the GFS has gone way down with amounts for next week as well.

It seems like we have to pull teeth in this area to even get over 2 inches of snow. I am not holding my breath over both systems next week, I think we will get in on at least one of the systems - but whether we get 2-3 inches of snow or 6+, that's what I am wondering. Seems like the models are just toying with us, which is usual, but in a dead quiet Winter it just feels ultra cruel when you see the models showing the brunt of every system going either north or in this case, south. With two more storms to go, I have confidence we will see more snow... how much is the million dollar question.

Last night's snow was pretty much a joke, got right around 1 inch in SW Omaha, guess Jim Flowers had it right - dry air wins again... as it did for most with this system. I saw a couple flakes during the AM round, and 2-3 inches goes to 1 inch... story of the season... the Winter of '99-'00 I thought was the low point of snow-less Winters I've experienced in Eastern Nebraska (only around 12-13 inches of snow for the season - and countless misses by big storms to the north and south, including a couple huge busts - two predicted 6-10 storms 24-36 hours ahead, with 1-3 inches of actual accumulation), but so far this one takes the cake. Hope it ends with a splash, so I can quit comparing this Winter season to that one LOL.

Ended up with 3.5 inches here in Hastings.  That was from both events.  Nothing to write home about, but nice to finally see some snow again.  Really don't have a great feeling about the early week system.  It looks like I will be on the very west edge of the snowfall, with a very sharp cutoff to the northwest.  I think people in Lincoln and Omaha have a little better change of getting some better accumulations.  We definitely need a shift to the northwest.