Anyone remember when sunshine in spring used to be premium?

Link

The May Gray/June Gloom we no longer get. This time of year unless a huge death ridge we would all guess when the sun would come out each day. Some days 11am other days not till 3pm then the clouds roll back in around 11pm or sometimes a bit later after midnight.  (No song pun intended).  Now it's just sun sun sun and bright bright bright. :( 

I miss it when springs smelled fresh and vibrant. I honestly can't remember the last time it was that way.

• Sad 1

On 4/29/2021 at 11:57 PM, Link said:

The May Gray/June Gloom we no longer get. This time of year unless a huge death ridge we would all guess when the sun would come out each day. Some days 11am other days not till 3pm then the clouds roll back in around 11pm or sometimes a bit later after midnight.  (No song pun intended).  Now it's just sun sun sun and bright bright bright. :( 

I miss it when springs smelled fresh and vibrant. I honestly can't remember the last time it was that way.

May Gray/June Gloom is more of a Southern California thing.

• Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Link said:

If you look at the AFD's of the late 90s and early 00s you'll see a much different picture.

For Los Angeles and San Diego, May and June are the cloudiest months of the year. Usually by mid-July the sea surface temperatures warm up enough to reduce the low clouds even at the beaches.

The Central California and Northern California coasts as well as the OR and WA coast are typically cold and foggy all summer long. Also the PNW is cloudy pretty much most of the year except for the summer.

• Downvote 1