2/25 - 2/26 Clipper

Tom

Nice plume showing up with the LES. Could be interesting

Could be a nice lil surprise LES event for us in NE IL.  Last year we had a similar situation and it dumped 3-6" in late January.  However, the amount of ice on the lake at that time was much less BUT temp profiles look colder with this set up.  Should be interesting.

Still a pretty large track spread this evening.  My area could get anywhere from 1 inch to 6 inches.  I would lean away from the high end, but still a 1-4 inch spread is quite a bit for this area.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Wow, this is starting to look pretty nice for my area, at least according to the foreign models.  00z UK and Euro have 0.40" in Cedar Rapids, while the GGEM has 0.60".  The Euro has a history of being too dry with clippers as well, although the UK has been pretty spot on with the few systems we've had this year.

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Wow, this is starting to look pretty nice for my area, at least according to the foreign models.  00z UK and Euro have 0.40" in Cedar Rapids, while the GGEM has 0.60".  The Euro has a history of being too dry with clippers as well, although the UK has been pretty spot on with the few systems we've had this year.

I think your area will cash in pretty well.  I'd say 4-6" on the safe side, if you can get underneath some of the heavier bands then maybe locally 6-8".  Not to shabby for a Clipper.

Thanks for that Ravs-- I get so busy watching the Hi-res NAm-- I forgot.  That is a good sign-- they are usually on at this range. According to HPC-- the clipper maxes out right over C.IA and then weakens.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Most think between OMA and DSM--- I think the MAX will be really close to the I-35 corridor-- maybe even to the East of it.

Remember what I said.-- at the time of this post-- not many, if any-- thought an E shift this great. Just saying....  (now watch it go way West) :o)

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

No advisory or nothing and still going with 5-7" (as of the morning update) warm bias takes the cake--- http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-93.87721&lat=41.62671#.VOxM1iyJSzk

00z and 06z model runs continue to shift northeast.  The 06z RGEM is bullish and even farther northeast than it already was.  I was surprised to wake up this morning and see two of our three local mets really pooh-poohing this system, calling for only T-1" here.  One of the mets barely even thought it was worth mentioning.  If the northeast models are right there will be a lot of surprised people around here.

06z RGEM

http://img.meteocentre.com/models/gemreg_amer_06/accum/SN_000-048_0000.gif