The Weather Forums

63/52 today. Ended up being pretty sunny and breezy. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.14”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.02”

Warmest high temp-84

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Approaching 24 hours in which it’s been raining for over 90% of the time here. Just glorious and way overdue. Moderate rain currently.

Here are those pictures, I think my favorite is the one where the sunset almost seems to be illuminating the clouds from underneath  

Russell Wilson showed up at my son's flag football game today. Apparently his son plays on one of the other teams in the league. My son lost his game but said it didn't matter since he got to meet Rus

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

63/52 today. Ended up being pretty sunny and breezy. 

Just takes a passing shower to ruin the weekend. 

• Sad 1
  • Angry 1
  • Storm 1
  • scream 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 58.15"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

Got up to 73F. Currently 69F and mostly sunny. No precip.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

1 minute ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Got up to 73F. Currently 69F and mostly sunny. No precip.

Unfortunately a little chilly to be swimming at Dexter. 

• Excited 1

9 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Just takes a passing shower to ruin the weekend. 

Also the 30 mph wind and clouds and daytime temps that are 10 degrees below normal in many areas up here.    It would be fine for an April weekend... but not very summer-like.  

• Like 1
  • Snow 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

15 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Also the 30 mph wind and clouds and daytime temps that are 10 degrees below normal in many areas up here.    It would be fine for an April weekend... but not very summer-like.  

Your average high is still in the upper 60s right now. You talk about summer like you live in Dallas or St. Louis.

ECMWF shows temps in the upper 40s with heavy rain tomorrow afternoon in SW WA up through the Seattle area.    While it's in the 60s from Portland southward.

Very typical June weekend weather.    It's always in the 40s and raining during the middle of the day.    😀

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, Phil said:

Your average high is still in the upper 60s right now. What more do you expect? 

Maybe upper 60s?    Upper 40s tomorrow afternoon will be just a bit unusual.  

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Upper 40s? 🤔 NWS forecast for North Bend says otherwise.

C67B9F80-D493-4F3C-AB96-6DEB03F7873A.png

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Upper 40s? 🤔 NWS forecast for North Bend says otherwise.

C67B9F80-D493-4F3C-AB96-6DEB03F7873A.png

Tomorrow afternoon... 

ecmwf-deterministic-washington-t2m_f-3024000.png

• Sick 1

850mb temps get down to zero tomorrow.  Pretty impressive for summer...

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t850-3024000.png

• Like 1
  • Sick 1
  • Troll 1

Just now, Phil said:

Cold bias. Right?

At least your trees will be loving life.

Ironically... the ECMWF actually does pretty well during stormy periods.   It's the calm and sunny periods when it's cold bias really shows up.

And my trees have had 50 inches of rain this year already... they don't need 40s and rain in the summer to stay alive.  😀

• lol 1

1 minute ago, Phil said:

Cicadas showing up on radar. :o

I heard someone saying that birds and bugs show up on radars during clear evenings in the spring and summer.   Maybe it was Cliff Mass?

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I heard someone saying that birds and bugs show up on radars during clear evenings in the spring and summer.   Maybe it was Cliff Mass?

They do. See it a lot here in July and August. But not like this.

The reflectivity reached 40+dbz in pockets this AM (similar to that of moderate rain).

• Like 1
Just now, Phil said:

They do. See it a lot here in July and August. But not like this.

The reflectivity reached 40+dbz in pockets this AM (similar to that of moderate rain).

How high do they fly?

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

How high do they fly?

Not sure. I see them swarming way up in the treetops which is approximately 150ft up. Their size makes it hard to see them farther than that, though..it’s not like watching birds. I think they catch those midday updrafts sometimes and end up pretty high off the ground, though.

Because it’s only warm, sunny, clear days that see the radar reflections. And today had lots of convergent boundaries, bay/river breezes, etc, that would have forced them up.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not sure. I see them swarming way up in the treetops which is approximately 150ft up. Hard to see them from farther than that. I think they catch those midday updrafts sometimes and end up pretty high off the ground, though.

Is the dead bodies everywhere stage about to start?   

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

Your average high is still in the upper 60s right now. You talk about summer like you live in Dallas or St. Louis.

I assume the vegetation adjusts to average.    And not the climate of Barstow.    If the vegetation needs Barstow weather all summer then it should not be here... it should be in Barstow.   

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Is the dead bodies everywhere stage about to start?   

That stage already started. Stinks like hell.

But they’re still emerging too. 😂 Can’t believe how many there are. How they all managed to share space underground is beyond me. Not to mention the poor trees playing host to them via their roots.

20 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

I assume the vegetation adjusts to average.    And not the climate of Barstow.    If the vegetation needs Barstow weather all summer then it should not be here... it should be in Barstow.   

Barstow Strawman! 

35 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

It's going to be raw out tomorrow.

My grape vines do not like this violent wind.  The fruit itself does not like this much rain.

It can be challenging to get them dried off after soaking rains.  If the sun doesn't come out and there is not good wind flow they can easily mold and the whole crop is ruined.

4 minutes ago, ..... said:

My grape vines do not like this violent wind.  The fruit itself does not like this much rain.

It can be challenging to get them dried off after soaking rains.  If the sun doesn't come out and there is not good wind flow they can easily mold and the whole crop is ruined.

I hear you... but even I would not complain about my vineyard not growing in this climate.   You are probably pushing the bounds of climo.   😀

That being said... we have had crappy wet periods every June here and our grapes always do fine and are ready to harvest by mid to late September.

Going to be 95 degrees here tomorrow. Whatever you guys have going on up there, it can’t be worse than this weather.

This summer is going to be a doozy. I can already tell.

• Weenie 1
Just now, Phil said:

Going to be 95 degrees here tomorrow. Whatever you guys have going on up there, it can’t be worse than this weather.

Portland was almost 70 today with lots of sun... I would take that over 95.     

• Like 1

In the New Mexico desert visiting my mother, and a nice line of showers (atypically, not thundershowers) came through this afternoon and cooled things off dramatically. Probably got .25 to .50" from it here. Plus, the smell wet sage is always amazing.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, as the coming week is forecast to be baking-hot. Will be doing any outdoor tasks in the early morning and around sundown.

June is the hottest month here and I usually avoid visiting this time of year, but that is just the way the vaccination rollout worked out. Upside is that it’s the time of year the cactus blooms (pictures to come).

• Like 3
  • Excited 1
It's called clown range for a reason.

40 minutes ago, ..... said:

Good. I sincerely hope they all die.

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 1
27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Make sure and tell us ALL about it!  Tim style!!!

• Rain 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

38 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I hear you... but even I would not complain about my vineyard not growing in this climate.   You are probably pushing the bounds of climo.   😀

That being said... we have had crappy wet periods every June here and our grapes always do fine and are ready to harvest by mid to late September.

last year my grapes were crap, they got a good soaking and didn't dry out properly, some of it was my fault for not doing enough thinning for air flow

i have beautiful big clusters this year, fingers crossed junevember doesn't turn into julyvember and augusvember

• Downvote 2
1 hour ago, Phil said:

That stage already started. Stinks like hell.

But they’re still emerging too. 😂 Can’t believe how many there are. How they all managed to share space underground is beyond me. Not to mention the poor trees playing host to them via their roots.

There a mess :lol:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

8E9145F2-BAE0-4FF1-821E-864C797609B6.thumb.jpeg.a0b4b2e32dd8f32c4e0cf8e508377840.jpeg

First time I’ve ever been in a PSCZ!

You really aren't in it... its up to the north today.     Many times it centered right over Seattle and extends eastward out here.    Then it would be dumping rain there.  

pscz.png

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

You really aren't in it... its up to the north today.     Many times it centered right over Seattle and extends eastward out here.    Then it would be dumping rain there.  

pscz.png

Yeah not quite in it... but I can see it from here!

• Like 1

Ate dinner IN a restaurant for the first time since February 2020! Was a lovely sunny/breezy evening in La Connor. Took this pic on the way home a bit ago just up the road from our place. Today wasn’t awful, tomorrow sounds like it will be however. 
Currently 50 degrees. 

486C783A-87CC-4F27-9195-C58EA811A748.jpeg

• lol 1
15 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Ate dinner IN a restaurant for the first time since February 2020! Was a lovely sunny/breezy evening in La Connor. Took this pic on the way home a bit ago just up the road from our place. Today wasn’t awful, tomorrow sounds like it will be however. 
Currently 50 degrees. 

486C783A-87CC-4F27-9195-C58EA811A748.jpeg

It was pretty awful today between our areas... but we both were outside of the c-zone for most of the day.     Its been raining all day around Everett with very chilly temps.    Currently raining and 50 at KPAE.  

Tomorrow will actually be decent until around 1 or 2 p.m. but that storm is going to be racing through during the mid and late afternoon.

Do you not go out to eat very often?   We have been eating at restaurants since last year except when they were totally closed last winter.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

It was pretty awful today between our areas... but we both were outside of the c-zone for most of the day.     Its been raining all day around Everett with very chilly temps.    Currently raining and 50 at KPAE.  

Tomorrow will actually be decent until around 1 or 2 p.m. but that storm is going to be racing through during the mid and late afternoon.

Do you not go out to eat very often?   We have been eating at restaurants since last year except when they were totally closed last winter.

In normal times we would go out once a month or so, but it was already complicated with with a then 1yr old and 6yr old...Let’s just say it wasn’t the most relaxing at the restaurant (as I’m sure you remember) but then restaurants shut down to inside dining and we just called it good with takeout last year. We have been in such a routine of cooking at home that we just had not gotten around to actually going out. It was nice but I’m good again for another month or so. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MossMan said:

In normal times we would go out once a month or so, but it was already complicated with with a then 1yr old and 6yr old...Let’s just say it wasn’t the most relaxing at the restaurant (as I’m sure you remember) but then restaurants shut down to inside dining and we just called it good with takeout last year. We have been in such a routine of cooking at home that we just had not gotten around to actually going out. It was nice but I’m good again for another month or so. 

I just had flashbacks of two very active toddler boys in restaurants.   I think I had blocked it from my mind.   It was usually a nightmare.     😀

Now they are both servers taking care of other families with small kids.  

• Like 1

My kids have never had any issues in restaurants. I also will say, being a parent it never bothers me when I see kids acting up in the restaurant, crying on a plane, etc... Kids are kids my kids have definitely acted up in public, what's more annoying is to see parents acting helpless begging and bargaining with their kids to behave or yelling empty threats. 

I will say my youngest daughters all time greatest tantrum was when she wasn't even 2 in February 2019. We went sledding at Silver Falls and she was so upset about leaving she was trying to crawl away from us through the snow... That was pretty honestly pretty funny, and seeing her be such a snow lover brought warmth to my soul. 

This GFS run is a little better. 

• Like 1

Just now, jcmcgaffey said:

A lot of areas around Everett and east saw well over an 1” of rain today with some over 2”. 

WOWZERS

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

WOWZERS

I have to look into it but with those temps the higher elevations in the cascades to the east had to of seen a foot or two of snow. 

9 minutes ago, jcmcgaffey said:

A lot of areas around Everett and east saw well over an 1” of rain today with some over 2”. 

Insanely persistent c-zone... and its still going.    

rad65.png