Jump to content
The Weather Forums

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

My kids have never had any issues in restaurants. I also will say, being a parent it never bothers me when I see kids acting up in the restaurant, crying on a plane, etc... Kids are kids my kids have definitely acted up in public, what's more annoying is to see parents acting helpless begging and bargaining with their kids to behave or yelling empty threats. 

I will say my youngest daughters all time greatest tantrum was when she wasn't even 2 in February 2019. We went sledding at Silver Falls and she was so upset about leaving she was trying to crawl away from us through the snow... That was pretty honestly pretty funny, and seeing her be such a snow lover brought warmth to my soul. 

You don't want your children anywhere near public education as they are trained from the 80s onwards to teach kids to behave like f'kin robots.  Older teachers have a hard time getting kids engaged in anything as they just sit there staring until told to do something.  There was a growing amount of cry to end zero tolerance before you know what hit and some schools were removing it trying to go back to individualism the way it used to be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Approaching 24 hours in which it’s been raining for over 90% of the time here. Just glorious and way overdue. Moderate rain currently.

Here are those pictures, I think my favorite is the one where the sunset almost seems to be illuminating the clouds from underneath  

Russell Wilson showed up at my son's flag football game today. Apparently his son plays on one of the other teams in the league. My son lost his game but said it didn't matter since he got to meet Rus

Posted Images

50F and partly cloudy. Still no precip through the first 5+ days of June.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

24

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back home, working on 22 hours straight being awake.  Got my mom moved and I think its going to work out.  On the weather side, It hit the low 90's Thursday and Friday (which is when we moved her, probably sweated off 20 pounds.)  By the time we got her bed and dresser set up, she was very excited, so I think everything will work out there.

My hoped for Thursday and Friday thunderstorms did not show up......until we were 2nd in line to take off on my *already 1+ hour late flight* which was actually my second attempt to fly out since the first flight was cancelled.

There was an earlier flair up that happened over the airport, this one was more wide spread, with super intense rain, and a few cracks of thunder.  I think its the only time in my life that I was pissed about a thunderstorm.  ATL was taking off to the east, and since the storm moved east, they had to flip the airport which tacked on another 20 minutes.  They didn't do an official ground stop, but all of the pilots...well most of the pilots refused to take off.  There were a couple of Delta cowboys who went for it.

Got lucky because my connecting flight was delayed by thunderstorms around DFW, but still had to get from Terminal D to A in about 20 minutes...

I worked in the industry for 17+ years, and know many people who do all sorts of work with all sorts of supporting companies within the industry, and fly extensively as a result.  Many of those friends have said "friends don't let friends fly American".  What a joke of an airline and a customer service train wreck.  

 

I've attached the radar loop from Atlanta when we were waiting to take off.  Unfortunately I didn't have a window seat to take pictures/video.  I did get some cool pictures of the clouds/sunset flying out of DFW that I'll post tomorrow.

IMG_1054.GIF

  • Like 2
  • Excited 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cool thing was flying along the edge of a storm in Denver and being able to see lightning strikes under the edge closest to us.  It was especially cool since we were looking down on it.  I pulled up the radar loop to check out the storms, and caught a weird thing happening...any thoughts?   Should I get it included in the congressional UFO report?

IMG_2406.GIF

  • Like 2
  • Excited 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Just got back home, working on 22 hours straight being awake.  Got my mom moved and I think its going to work out.  On the weather side, It hit the low 90's Thursday and Friday (which is when we moved her, probably sweated off 20 pounds.)  By the time we got her bed and dresser set up, she was very excited, so I think everything will work out there.

My hoped for Thursday and Friday thunderstorms did not show up......until we were 2nd in line to take off on my *already 1+ hour late flight* which was actually my second attempt to fly out since the first flight was cancelled.

There was an earlier flair up that happened over the airport, this one was more wide spread, with super intense rain, and a few cracks of thunder.  I think its the only time in my life that I was pissed about a thunderstorm.  ATL was taking off to the east, and since the storm moved east, they had to flip the airport which tacked on another 20 minutes.  They didn't do an official ground stop, but all of the pilots...well most of the pilots refused to take off.  There were a couple of Delta cowboys who went for it.

Got lucky because my connecting flight was delayed by thunderstorms around DFW, but still had to get from Terminal D to A in about 20 minutes...

I worked in the industry for 17+ years, and know many people who do all sorts of work with all sorts of supporting companies within the industry, and fly extensively as a result.  Many of those friends have said "friends don't let friends fly American".  What a joke of an airline and a customer service train wreck.  

 

I've attached the radar loop from Atlanta when we were waiting to take off.  Unfortunately I didn't have a window seat to take pictures/video.  I did get some cool pictures of the clouds/sunset flying out of DFW that I'll post tomorrow.

IMG_1054.GIF

Interesting, I've had nothing but good experiences from American Airlines. They even have a direct flight from EUG-DFW. And once I make enough $ I will be utilizing that to visit my family in TX.

  • Like 2

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

24

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Another cool thing was flying along the edge of a storm in Denver and being able to see lightning strikes under the edge closest to us.  It was especially cool since we were looking down on it.  I pulled up the radar loop to check out the storms, and caught a weird thing happening...any thoughts?   Should I get it included in the congressional UFO report?

IMG_2406.GIF

Interesting how the storms are converging and that outflow boundary is insane!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got down to 47 this morning. Looks like the rains not very far away. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Got down to 47 this morning. Looks like the rains not very far away. 

Today is going to be a special kind of summer nasty... a day more like March than June.    And on a weekend!  

  • Weenie 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites

By the end of the 00z EPS run, there is subsidence in the IO/Maritime Continent domain, and convection over the Pacific/W-Hem, which statistically favors western ridging.

A bit later than I’d extrapolated initially, but verbatim we’d probably be looking at a solid week of +TNH/+PNA (warm season version) until the subsidence propagates to the dateline and re-establishes the trough.

F9425DB3-92E5-47F4-9D44-254B43C17E8C.png

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Today is going to be a special kind of summer nasty... a day more like March than June.    And on a weekend!  

Kinda reminds me of a few days we had last June that were fairly cool and wet. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smerfylicious said:

Almost 3 inches today. Got absolutely dunked on. Heavy rain, hail. High winds too. Was a lot of fun, except my gardening didn't appreciate it...wonder when I will be able to finish...

20210605_124322.jpg

The c-zone basically make the EPSL drought proof... its a frequent firehose that can show up even when its dry everywhere else.    Today it was your area... next time it could be down here or wavering in between or parked over Randy's house.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ttt said:

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814prcp.new.gifhttps://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814temp.new.gif

I could live with that. Doesn’t look like an excessively humid pattern here.

But the frequency of these conus death ridges so early in the season is..unsettling. Might have to pull a Tim and flee to better conditions next month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Today is going to be a special kind of summer perfection... a day more like March than June.    And on a weekend!  

Fyp :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil said:

Fyp :) 

No.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the gfs is wetter than the euro now. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting to rain a bit here...gonna feel more like April 5th today. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one deep trough this week... all the way down through CA.    

Can they make good use of it in terms of rain?   Nope.   Of course not.

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3283200.png

gfs-deterministic-namer-precip_3hr_inch-3283200.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That is one deep trough this week... all the way down through CA.    

Can they make good use of it in terms of rain?   Nope.   Of course not.

gfs-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3283200.png

gfs-deterministic-namer-precip_3hr_inch-3283200.png

At least it’s better than the alternative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Phil said:

At least it’s better than the alternative.

Not sure... dry troughing still brings wind.    

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Not sure... dry troughing still brings wind.    

NorCal actually does get some rain. And that’s where the worst of the drought is.

83F5E8AC-C7B0-4094-BFB0-6C8E67C48251.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Phil said:

NorCal actually does get some rain. And that’s where the worst of the drought is.

83F5E8AC-C7B0-4094-BFB0-6C8E67C48251.png

Eventually... but that will probably shift north as well.  

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Interesting, I've had nothing but good experiences from American Airlines. They even have a direct flight from EUG-DFW. And once I make enough $ I will be utilizing that to visit my family in TX.

I'm sure it boils down to a Chevy/Ford type of thing...hell I had one brother who, whenever he bought Chevys, they were always in the shop, but any Fords he bought ran like a top.  And my other brother had the exact opposite experience.  I love Delta as well, but I've talked to a few people who can't stand them.

I know that airport/airline staff are being treated very poorly these days, so I made it a point to not take it out on them....its not the ticket agent in Atlanta's fault my airplane was 5 hours late out of Providence Rhode Island,  but he barely gave me the time of day, didn't tell me or ask me anything just started rebooking flights.....and it went downhill from there....  about 1/3 of the flight crew was nice.  Oh and it took 5 HOURS to get a call back on the reservation line.

I originally booked the flight on Alaska, but since the first leg was on American, it effectively became a trip on American.  That said, I called Alaska 3 different times for help and information, and they were extremely helpful and I did not have to wait longer than 5 minutes for a call back.  I had a woman spend 10 minutes trying to find a way to reroute me, and then ultimately said "if this were an Alaska flight, as much as I would not want to, I would be putting you on another airline, but since American caused the delay, they are financially responsible for fixing your problem...I'm sorry I can't help you but ultimately we are a business".   I can respect that.  She did at least educate me on what I should ask for when I did finally talk to American, but by the time they called back it was too late.

Of everything that happened yesterday, the 5 hour call back time was the BIGGEST issue, complete b*****t and completely unacceptable.  I know they are busy and are trying to staff back up, but Alaska sure as hell didn't have any problems picking up the D**n phone....

 

I'll stop ranting now, hopefully American gets their call center issues by the time you are able to make the trip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

49 and light rain. Have picked up 0.04” so far this morning nice appetizer for the heavier rain this afternoon. Hopefully some embedded thunderstorms?

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

49 and light rain. Have picked up 0.04” so far this morning nice appetizer for the heavier rain this afternoon. Hopefully some embedded thunderstorms?

Feels like its too cold and cloudy for convection... but maybe that storm is strong enough to overcome it. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Just got back home, working on 22 hours straight being awake.  Got my mom moved and I think its going to work out.  On the weather side, It hit the low 90's Thursday and Friday (which is when we moved her, probably sweated off 20 pounds.)  By the time we got her bed and dresser set up, she was very excited, so I think everything will work out there.

My hoped for Thursday and Friday thunderstorms did not show up......until we were 2nd in line to take off on my *already 1+ hour late flight* which was actually my second attempt to fly out since the first flight was cancelled.

There was an earlier flair up that happened over the airport, this one was more wide spread, with super intense rain, and a few cracks of thunder.  I think its the only time in my life that I was pissed about a thunderstorm.  ATL was taking off to the east, and since the storm moved east, they had to flip the airport which tacked on another 20 minutes.  They didn't do an official ground stop, but all of the pilots...well most of the pilots refused to take off.  There were a couple of Delta cowboys who went for it.

Got lucky because my connecting flight was delayed by thunderstorms around DFW, but still had to get from Terminal D to A in about 20 minutes...

I worked in the industry for 17+ years, and know many people who do all sorts of work with all sorts of supporting companies within the industry, and fly extensively as a result.  Many of those friends have said "friends don't let friends fly American".  What a joke of an airline and a customer service train wreck.  

 

I've attached the radar loop from Atlanta when we were waiting to take off.  Unfortunately I didn't have a window seat to take pictures/video.  I did get some cool pictures of the clouds/sunset flying out of DFW that I'll post tomorrow.

IMG_1054.GIF

 

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I'm sure it boils down to a Chevy/Ford type of thing...hell I had one brother who, whenever he bought Chevys, they were always in the shop, but any Fords he bought ran like a top.  And my other brother had the exact opposite experience.  I love Delta as well, but I've talked to a few people who can't stand them.

I know that airport/airline staff are being treated very poorly these days, so I made it a point to not take it out on them....its not the ticket agent in Atlanta's fault my airplane was 5 hours late out of Providence Rhode Island,  but he barely gave me the time of day, didn't tell me or ask me anything just started rebooking flights.....and it went downhill from there....  about 1/3 of the flight crew was nice.  Oh and it took 5 HOURS to get a call back on the reservation line.

I originally booked the flight on Alaska, but since the first leg was on American, it effectively became a trip on American.  That said, I called Alaska 3 different times for help and information, and they were extremely helpful and I did not have to wait longer than 5 minutes for a call back.  I had a woman spend 10 minutes trying to find a way to reroute me, and then ultimately said "if this were an Alaska flight, as much as I would not want to, I would be putting you on another airline, but since American caused the delay, they are financially responsible for fixing your problem...I'm sorry I can't help you but ultimately we are a business".   I can respect that.  She did at least educate me on what I should ask for when I did finally talk to American, but by the time they called back it was too late.

Of everything that happened yesterday, the 5 hour call back time was the BIGGEST issue, complete b*****t and completely unacceptable.  I know they are busy and are trying to staff back up, but Alaska sure as hell didn't have any problems picking up the D**n phone....

 

I'll stop ranting now, hopefully American gets their call center issues by the time you are able to make the trip.

Nice 

  • Sun 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I'm sure it boils down to a Chevy/Ford type of thing...hell I had one brother who, whenever he bought Chevys, they were always in the shop, but any Fords he bought ran like a top.  And my other brother had the exact opposite experience.  I love Delta as well, but I've talked to a few people who can't stand them.

I know that airport/airline staff are being treated very poorly these days, so I made it a point to not take it out on them....its not the ticket agent in Atlanta's fault my airplane was 5 hours late out of Providence Rhode Island,  but he barely gave me the time of day, didn't tell me or ask me anything just started rebooking flights.....and it went downhill from there....  about 1/3 of the flight crew was nice.  Oh and it took 5 HOURS to get a call back on the reservation line.

I originally booked the flight on Alaska, but since the first leg was on American, it effectively became a trip on American.  That said, I called Alaska 3 different times for help and information, and they were extremely helpful and I did not have to wait longer than 5 minutes for a call back.  I had a woman spend 10 minutes trying to find a way to reroute me, and then ultimately said "if this were an Alaska flight, as much as I would not want to, I would be putting you on another airline, but since American caused the delay, they are financially responsible for fixing your problem...I'm sorry I can't help you but ultimately we are a business".   I can respect that.  She did at least educate me on what I should ask for when I did finally talk to American, but by the time they called back it was too late.

Of everything that happened yesterday, the 5 hour call back time was the BIGGEST issue, complete b*****t and completely unacceptable.  I know they are busy and are trying to staff back up, but Alaska sure as hell didn't have any problems picking up the D**n phone....

 

I'll stop ranting now, hopefully American gets their call center issues by the time you are able to make the trip.

Also interesting as all of my experiences on Alaska have been the worst flights with one exception...Spirit Airlines, where you have to pay like $10 to buckle your seatbelt.

  • Like 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

24

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Also interesting as all of my experiences on Alaska have been the worst flights with one exception...Spirit Airlines, where you have to pay like $10 to buckle your seatbelt.

And I have had the best experiences on Alaska haha! 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Next weekend has started trending much nicer per the ECMWF.    The 00Z run also went in this direction.

The 12Z run shows basically dry weather and lots of sun on both days with highs in the mid 70s on Saturday and maybe upper 70s on Sunday.

The difference is a new trough up around Alaska is coming in faster and pushing a ridge farther east which in turn pushes the trough offshore a little farther west. 

 

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3628800.png

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-t2m_f_max6-3628800.png

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MossMan said:

And I have had the best experiences on Alaska haha! 

Me too.   I believe Alaska has the highest customer service rating in the industry.

  • Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

850mb temps get down to zero tomorrow.  Pretty impressive for summer...

ecmwf-deterministic-nw-t850-3024000.png

I was pretty shocked to see how cold is was descending into Seattle, I would say it pretty much verified with this though.  I think I saw it was 0 at about 4,200ft.

 

We also hit some wicked headwinds in Idaho/eastern Washington, our ground speed dropped to around 370 at one point, we were 480-520 or so most of the flight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Next weekend has started trending much nicer per the ECMWF.   

The 12Z run shows basically dry weather and lots of sun on both days with highs in the mid 70s on Saturday and maybe upper 70s on Sunday.

The difference is a new trough up around Alaska is coming in faster and pushing a ridge farther east which in turn pushes the trough offshore a little farther west. 

 

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3628800.png

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-t2m_f_max6-3628800.png

That trend started yesterday on the 18z GFS. When it’s all said and done, PDX will probably end up with about .25” of rain in the first half of June. That’s after a very dry end of February, a near-record dry March, a record dry April, and one of the driest Mays. We still haven’t had more than .25” of rain in a day since Valentine’s Day. It’s worse than a worst-case scenario.

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Wow looks like things might work out in the warm and dry f*cks favor again! Just crazy!!

The cold and wet f*cks got their cold this weekend!   Just crazy!!  At least up here.   I am sure its 90 degrees in Portland today.

Side note... the cold bias ECMWF actually shows 90 degrees at PDX one week from tomorrow.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Weenie 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I was pretty shocked to see how cold is was descending into Seattle, I would say it pretty much verified with this though.  I think I saw it was 0 at about 4,200ft.

 

We also hit some wicked headwinds in Idaho/eastern Washington, our ground speed dropped to around 370 at one point, we were 480-520 or so most of the flight.

Yeah... this is a very cold air mass for June overhead right now.  

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites

The warm up on the 12Z ECMWF is just temporary though... with that huge ULL spinning offshore it still has to come inland eventually.

ecmwf-deterministic-namer-z500_anom-3758400.png

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

That trend started yesterday on the 18z GFS. When it’s all said and done, PDX will probably end up with about .25” of rain in the first half of June. That’s after a very dry end of February, a near-record dry March, a record dry April, and one of the driest Mays. We still haven’t had more than .25” of rain in a day since Valentine’s Day. It’s worse than a worst-case scenario.

Been saying it for months too. And every month has been above normal temps in EUG with the exception of March since the water year began in October, & every single month drier than normal, on top of a -17" from last water year and horrific fires.

We are sitting on a fukking tinderbox.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @357jerseys4hope

24

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Haha!!

Pretty funny... he expects everyone to happily cheer for wintry weather all summer.   🤔

  • Downvote 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

Feels like its too cold and cloudy for convection... but maybe that storm is strong enough to overcome it. 

It’s warmed up to 53 and we even had the smallest bit of blue skies a bit ago. 0.06” so far this morning but the heavier rain is just to the west now. Some of those echoes look strong offshore...no lightning detected yet. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.32”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.20”

Warmest high temp-84

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...