Jump to content
The Weather Forums

June 2021 Pacific Northwest Obs


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, FroYoBro said:

Hot.

Hawt

  • Excited 1
  • scream 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

It will continue to trend north and west. BC and SE Alaska will get orders of magnitude more rain than we will. Extreme NW Washington will still do well.

We will see, I’m pretty sure we will still get a good amount of rain here in western WA with this trough but the drought concerns down there are definitely getting worse at this point. I doubt we see a southern shift at this point as well. 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up to 91 at SLE. Just 10 mph lower than a deGrom fastball! 82 at home. 

  • Windy 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Last 90 of 2021 at PDX???

SURE

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

SURE

Should only have to worry about 100+ high temps now. 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Should only have to worry about 100+ high temps now. 

Can't remember the last time SLE didn't hit 100 in a year. Maybe 2014? 

  • scream 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Can't remember the last time SLE didn't hit 100 in a year. Maybe 2014? 

Yeah seems like it’s almost common now. Wasn’t it in 2017 during the eagle creek fire it was like 108 or 110 or something crazy like that? 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Yeah seems like it’s almost common now. Wasn’t it in 2017 during the eagle creek fire it was like 108 or 110 or something crazy like that? 

Actually... It looks like SLE only peaked at 99 in 2018. Though they hit it on 2-3 days in July and were 90+ 17 times that month en route to a 88.2 average monthly max. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Yeah seems like it’s almost common now. Wasn’t it in 2017 during the eagle creek fire it was like 108 or 110 or something crazy like that? 

They only got up to 98 in September 2017. The smoke kept temps down. 

They hit 101 in June, 2017 and 107 in August 2017 though. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Actually... It looks like SLE only peaked at 99 in 2018. Though they hit it on 2-3 days in July and were 90+ 17 times that month en route to a 88.2 average monthly max. 

That’s one thing I like about my location...even during these torchy summers the most 90+ days we’ve seen is 5 in a year (2015). Hit 97 one time last summer...haven’t hit 100 since 2009. 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

They only got up to 98 in September 2017. The smoke kept temps down. 

I must’ve been thinking about how hot it WOULD have been without the smoke. 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking back at the last few summers...OMG. 5 100+ days in 2015. July 2016 stands out as being about normal. lol

2014: 99

2015: 105

2016: 104

2017: 107

2018: 99

2019: 100

2020: 100

 

Looks like we are due for another 105+

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Randy out on the river with his family. 

CBF1A112-238A-4A2D-87F9-BADDBCCF3BB4.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Snow 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up to 93F now. First 90F for Springfield. Hot.

  • Snow 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 40F (Nov 21, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 30F (Nov 17, 2021)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 4 (Most recent: Nov 22, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Randy out on the river with his family. 

CBF1A112-238A-4A2D-87F9-BADDBCCF3BB4.jpeg

Its sad that is their best option for jet skiing.   Rivers are just not the same as lakes.    The lakes down there are more remote and not all around you all the time.

Its easy to take for granted the incredible wealth of water up here... all the lakes and the Sound.    But it really makes the Seattle area special despite our crappy weather and politics.

This is my son yesterday evening on Lake Sammamish... and his girlfriend in the foreground.   That is 15 minutes from downtown Seattle and half the lake is in Bellevue.  It would be a deal breaker for us to not have access to so much water.    But maybe that is the Minnesota part of me coming through.   👍

20210531_171226 (1).jpg

  • Like 6

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Its sad that is their best option for jet skiing.   Rivers are just not the same as lakes.    The lakes down there are more remote and not all around you all the time.

Its easy to take for granted the incredible wealth of water up here... all the lakes and the Sound.    But it really makes the Seattle area special despite our crappy weather and politics.

This is my son yesterday evening... and his girlfriend in the foreground.    It would be a deal breaker for us to not have access to so much water.    But maybe that is the Minnesota part of me coming through.   👍

20210531_171226 (1).jpg

Yeah, completely irrelevant to me. I prefer to recreate at lakes that do not allow motorized boats or have a 10mph speed limit. There is nothing more annoy when you are fishing than having some ****** come by on a jet ski. 

The weather is way nicer, by your standards, down here. I was thinking that this morning as I was driving in. How sunny it is down here May-September. It is almost never cloudy anymore. 

  • Excited 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah, completely irrelevant to me. I prefer to recreate at lakes that do not allow motorized boats or have a 10mph speed limit. There is nothing more annoy when you are fishing than having some ****** come by on a jet ski. 

The weather is way nicer, by your standards, down here. I was thinking that this morning as I was driving in. How sunny it is down here May-September. It is almost never cloudy anymore. 

I am a respectful jetskier!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Yeah, completely irrelevant to me. I prefer to recreate at lakes that do not allow motorized boats or have a 10mph speed limit. There is nothing more annoy when you are fishing than having some ****** come by on a jet ski. 

The weather is way nicer, by your standards, down here. I was thinking that this morning as I was driving in. How sunny it is down here May-September. It is almost never cloudy anymore. 

Yeah... I am torn.   We highly the value the lakes and the Sound for water activities and just for their stunning beauty.    But I think I would love the weather down there.  Its just a little less of the crap we deal with up here and a little more of the nice.   Western Oregon is wonderful in that regard.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yeah... I am torn.   We highly the value the lakes and the Sound for water activities and just for their stunning beauty.    But I think I would love the weather down there.  Its just a little less of the crap we deal with up here and a little more of the nice.   Western Oregon is wonderful in that regard.

Probably a little less crowded down here. The Bend area actually has a ton of lakes within about 45mins-hour.  

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Probably a little less crowded down here. The Bend area actually has a ton of lakes within about 45mins-hour.  

That is too far... and probably too cold at that elevation.   We can be at the Lake Sammamish boat launch in about 20 minutes.    We could never make it in Bend.  Too extreme and the summer nights get too cold which is terrible for gardens.    That is why we would never move to places like Bozeman or Denver either.   I love greenery starting in February and March and lasting until November.    Snow in May or June and again in September is depressing.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That is too far... and probably too cold at that elevation.   We can be at the Lake Sammamish boat launch in about 20 minutes.    We could never make it in Bend.  Too extreme and the summer nights get too cold which is terrible for gardens.    That is why we would never move to places like Bozeman or Denver either.   I love greenery starting in February and March and lasting until November.    Snow in May or June and again in September is depressing.  

I have a hard time believing you ever lived in Minnesota. That kind of cold..nah.

  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In terms of perfect weather from February through November... Eugene is pretty hard to beat.     The downside there is the inversion season but that is short compared to the rest of the year.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That is too far... and probably too cold at that elevation.   We can be at the Lake Sammamish boat launch in about 20 minutes.    We could never make it in Bend.  Too extreme and the summer nights get too cold which is terrible for gardens.    That is why we would never move to places like Bozeman or Denver either.   I love greenery starting in February and March and lasting until November.    Snow in May or June and again in September is depressing.  

True, though my friend lives about 20-30 miles north of Bend, they are a bit lower, but actually get more frost up there. He always has a great garden, apparently the soil is very fertile. I don't know how you have a garden like you do where you are. It is incredibly hard to have a garden here. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I have a hard time believing you ever lived in Minnesota. That kind of cold..nah.

There is a reason we did not go back... that endless cold is worse than our rainy, green winters.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

True, though my friend lives about 20-30 miles north of Bend, they are a bit lower, but actually get more frost up there. He always has a great garden, apparently the soil is very fertile. I don't know how you have a garden like you do where you are. It is incredibly hard to have a garden here. 

Lots of people out here have very productive gardens.   We also have productive grape vines... cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay and my son is learning how to make my wine from our grapes from my dad.

This was our garden a couple years ago before the raised beds... and some of our grapes ripening last summer.

11722535_839360589465484_3025167426883652989_o.jpg

40352563_1840971695971030_4180360345723863040_n.jpg

  • Like 8

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Lots of people out here have very productive gardens.   We also have productive grape vines... cabernet sauvignon and chardonnay and my son is learning how to make my wine from our grapes from my dad.

This was our garden a couple years ago before the raised beds... and some of our grapes ripening last summer.

11722535_839360589465484_3025167426883652989_o.jpg

40352563_1840971695971030_4180360345723863040_n.jpg

Things like tomatoes and corn are a lost cause up here. Peas, green beans, raddishes, etc... Do well. I noticed about a mile towards the park someone is putting a large vineyard in. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Phil said:

I have a hard time believing you ever lived in Minnesota. That kind of cold..nah.

Minnesota doesn’t freeze in July. I have personally witnessed a freeze in Sunriver, OR in July. The average July low in Sunriver is something like 41°F.

South-central OR (south of Bend) and the NE corner of CA are high plateau country and since it can freeze any day of the year there’s not really much you can grow in most places.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

93 at SLE. 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 8.44" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

😱😱😱

815E241C-1C14-4E49-81E5-3E1BD685AEE6.jpeg

My car said 98 when I got in it earlier... parked in the driveway.   :) 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Minnesota doesn’t freeze in July. I have personally witnessed a freeze in Sunriver, OR in July. The average July low in Sunriver is something like 41°F.

South-central OR (south of Bend) and the NE corner of CA are high plateau country and since it can freeze any day of the year there’s not really much you can grow in most places.

The Twin Cities area is a garden paradise in the summer.  Everything grows so well.    It almost always warm... day and night.    And often rains. 

  • Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

85 at SEA with a dewpoint of 55... definitely some moisture in the air.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

The Twin Cities area is a garden paradise in the summer.  Everything grows so well.    It almost always warm... day and night.    And often rains. 

The Twin Cities area is an icebox compared to here in the summer. Low 80s highs, low 60s lows. That’s a cool summer climate by most standards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

85 at SEA with a dewpoint of 55... definitely some moisture in the air.  

…this post needs a trigger warning. That’s dry af. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are the temperature departures from normal for SEA, OLM, PDX, and MBY for the last 4 months.  In short all but PDX averaged below normal for the 4 month period.  All of these are F, M, A, M in that order

SEA ... -2.0, -0.9, +2.7, -0.6

OLM ... -1.3, -2.4, +0.9, -0.2

PDX ... -1.9, -1.0, +2.9, +0.7

MBY ... -1.7, -1.3, +1.2, 0.0

It's going to be very interesting to see where June ends up.  It would appear all of the warm anoms the next couple of days will be wiped out by the coming chilly trough.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Death To Warm Anomalies!

 

Winter 2021-22 stats

 

Total Snowfall = 0.0"

Day with 1" or more snow depth = 0

Total Hail = 0.0"

Coldest Low = 29

Lows 32 or below = 7

Highs 32 or below = 0

Lows 20 or below = 0

Highs 40 or below = 0

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Minnesota doesn’t freeze in July. I have personally witnessed a freeze in Sunriver, OR in July. The average July low in Sunriver is something like 41°F.

South-central OR (south of Bend) and the NE corner of CA are high plateau country and since it can freeze any day of the year there’s not really much you can grow in most places.

Sunriver generally gets cooler lows compared to other stations in the state. Because it can frost or freeze in July also doesn't make it normal. That day I hit 32 on 07/02/2020 was the first freezing low in July or August in several years. After about mid-June, we typically can bottom out around 38 degrees or so for about a 80 day long window. Gardening isn't a total lost cause at my place.

  • Like 1

[Signature in link]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

In terms of perfect weather from February through November... Eugene is pretty hard to beat.     The downside there is the inversion season but that is short compared to the rest of the year.

Inversion season isn't that bad. It's usually just blah and some clouds from Nov-Mar but nothing that gloomy, and very little rain, gets sunny plenty lately. Almost no snow or Arctic air ever anymore either but it's probly within your means to get to Bachelor and/or Sunriver pretty easily. Most years they do pretty well in the snow dept.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 40F (Nov 21, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 30F (Nov 17, 2021)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 4 (Most recent: Nov 22, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Up to 94F. Toasty!!

  • Popcorn 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 40F (Nov 21, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 30F (Nov 17, 2021)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 4 (Most recent: Nov 22, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Temps been stuck at 83 for a bit now may have maxed out. Not as bad as I thought it’d be today but still too warm for my liking. 

Monthly rainfall-0.57”

Cold season rainfall-15.72”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-42

Coldest Low-34

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • iFred unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...