The Weather Forums

Just now, snow_wizard said:

Yup.  SEA is running about -0.8 for the month to date.  I'm going to be interested to see how the possible intrusion of cool continental air will work out later this month.  I think the details are far from etched in stone yet.

Can you please tell me when 2 weeks out is ever "etched in stone"?   😀

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Approaching 24 hours in which it’s been raining for over 90% of the time here. Just glorious and way overdue. Moderate rain currently.

Here are those pictures, I think my favorite is the one where the sunset almost seems to be illuminating the clouds from underneath  

Russell Wilson showed up at my son's flag football game today. Apparently his son plays on one of the other teams in the league. My son lost his game but said it didn't matter since he got to meet Rus

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Here is nice loop from the 12Z GEFS.   Goodbye blue.

gfs-ensemble-all-avg-namer-t850_anom_stream-1623672000-1623672000-1625054400-10.gif

Blue will be back with a vengeance soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Snow 1
  • Downvote 1

Picked up 0.16” so far this morning. Looks like some more rain is still moving in from the south. Up to 2.30” on the month now pretty sure we will beat 2010 and 2012 in rainfall by the time Tuesdays over. 

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.14”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.02”

Warmest high temp-84

24 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Been a blowtorch month thus far for the Intermountain West. Western lowlands have been spared...

MonthTDeptWRCC-NW.thumb.png.a5e37744f468203fa1c06b55304fffb4.png

We’re -1.9 through yesterday in our little green bubble here. I’m gonna guess this month will still end above normal in temps though. 

• scream 1

Warm Season Stats

+80s-3

+85s-0

+90s-0

Monthly Rainfall-2.14”

Warm Season Rainfall-5.02”

Warmest high temp-84

12Z EPS... and yes I know winter is coming back soon.    Have to enjoy it while I can.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_1day-1623672000-1623758400-1624968000-10.gif

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z EPS... and yes I know winter is coming back soon.    Have to enjoy it while I can.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-t850_anom_1day-1623672000-1623758400-1624968000-10.gif

Hey if it were up to me I’d keep this pattern around all summer. Textbook severe weather regime for my region, with multi-day breaks in the heat/humidity as well.

But alas, all good/bad things must come to an end.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hey if it were up to me I’d keep this pattern around all summer. Textbook severe weather regime for my region, with multi-day breaks in the heat/humidity as well.

But alas, all good/bad things must come to an end.

We are starting fall prep this week... getting all the furniture put away.    Summer is over.   

• Sad 1

Just now, TT-SEA said:

We are starting fall prep this week... getting all the furniture put away.    Summer is over.   

Well, if your definition of summer is a +2SD ridge & a sea of above average temperatures, then yeah, there’s not much summer left. ;)

But I think we both know better.

8 minutes ago, Phil said:

Well, if your definition of summer is a +2SD ridge & a sea of above average temperatures, then yeah, there’s not much summer left. ;)

But I think we both know better.

Nah... I don't need hot weather.   But  you have me thinking a July 1993 rain and cold fest is coming and we won't see the sun all month.

But you also said we might see a return to a sea of red in August and September. :)