Jump to content
The Weather Forums

June 2021 Pacific Northwest Obs


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, jcmcgaffey said:

 

I noticed that too but then they have a forecast on the front page that shows much higher numbers.  Sistek is on board with triple digits. 

Scott doesn't work for KOMO anymore.  He is now with FOX weather and Q13.

Screenshot_20210624-161405.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

It’s definitely not gorge-centric though.  The entire metro area well away from what would be considered the gorge’s wheelhouse would be affected.  Certainly not confined to just PDX.

Agree, definitely going to be widespread ENE winds on Sunday.

Then the hotter temps progged for PDX on Monday are more a matter of the timing of our little sea-breeze front relative to the valley. All models are in line with showing a very sharp gradient setting up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TacomaWaWx said:

What an absolute sh*t morning. Driving to work and noticed a smell of gas coming from the car…car suddenly wouldn’t steer and shut off in the middle of the road. Thankfully some nice people helped me push it out of the road. Had my grandpa and a mechanic look at it…looks very likely someone got into the hood of my car and the fuel lines were intentionally cut. It’s not something I’ve mentioned on here before…but I have a civil anti-harassment order against a neighbor and former best friend of mine. Have been dealing with constant harassment such as being woken up in the middle of the night by this guy yelling at my window…spitting on my car and p*ssing on my car. This guy has been stalking me since early March…and just 2 nights ago I woke up to open my bedroom window and he was staring up at me in my window at 12 In the morning or something. Really creepy and very scary…probably will be finding a new place to live. Haven’t felt safe in my own home for a long time.  Have called the police on this guy 10-15 times but still haven’t had enough to get the police to do something. It seems like he has more protections than I do. Can’t prove he did this to my car though since my nieghbor below me doesn’t like me and won’t share the camera footage! Will be getting a camera and moving the f*ck out of here. I’m very lucky my car didn’t catch on fire with the amount of fuel leaking. 

Let me come over and handle him my way. This dude needs a serious a** beating. I'm sorry you have to deal with this. 

  • Like 2
  • Storm 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, snow_wizard said:

The 18z is better for week two.  Now let's see if it holds.  The big difference is it sends a chunk of the high height area eastward instead of retrograding all of it back over us and just offshore.

Sign of the times... the 18Z run is endlessly in the 80s in Seattle right through end of the run and we are hoping it holds.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BLI snowman said:

Agree, definitely going to be widespread ENE winds on Sunday.

Then the hotter temps progged for PDX on Monday are more a matter of the timing of our little sea-breeze front relative to the valley. All models are in line with showing a very sharp gradient setting up.

That’s gonna be fun to track.  It’s too bad there isn’t much mid level fun to tap into as it could have served to be a nice little tstorm outbreak.

As it stands, the temps overnight Sunday and into Monday are gonna be pretty bananas.  Sans cloudiness it wouldn’t be a surprise to see the metro spike to around 100 by late morning.
 

  • Like 2

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Yea, I hear you. I was just referencing your point about the Euro's cold bias here. It does exist. PDX just happens to be underperforming the last couple of days compared to other stations. That is not typically the case and I imagine it won't be this weekend. We'll see...

The ECMWF has a cool bias here as well, particularly on sunny days with a downslope component, where it’s been up to 7-8 degrees too cool.

Didn’t start tracking it until recently, but I think it’s real. Will have to begrudgingly concede to Tim on this one. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2B6F2D40-F1BE-467F-826E-479B47E86725.jpeg

 

We did it again baby!!

 

7554E7AA-A4A0-4AC4-9CBF-CCCBD93421AB.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Sad 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 60F (Oct 13)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Agree, definitely going to be widespread ENE winds on Sunday.

Then the hotter temps progged for PDX on Monday are more a matter of the timing of our little sea-breeze front relative to the valley. All models are in line with showing a very sharp gradient setting up.

Hedged low at PDX Monday¬†for that reason.¬†Shot in the dark guess is the¬†sea breeze will advance a bit faster than global models suggest. But I really don‚Äôt know what the fook I‚Äôm talking about. ūüėĄ

All I do know is the Euro is typically 1-2hrs too slow in developing our afternoon bay/river breeze. Typically starts between 12-2pm, Euro tends to push it in between 1-4pm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Good storms moving for Tim in Klamath Falls.  I had amazing ones nearby yesterday, but I got screwed.

Timmy.   Not Tim.  ;)

  • lol 1
  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just noticed the dewpoint is 62 here right now... with a temp of 82.      Did not expect it to be that high already.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

Looks like our high temp today will be 85 degrees.

Although for some reason it felt hotter than that today. Must just be the anticipation of the upcoming scorcher.

I think it's the higher dewpoints making it feel warmer.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hard to imagine a more disgusting pattern than this. Not a single trough anywhere in sight.

07BC9964-B64E-483B-B9C2-3C54AE323A9B.png

BA30C689-0069-4E65-A084-21C788299D0F.png

Alaska!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12Z GFS showed 84 at SEA today.   12Z ECMWF showed 78.

Actual result... 83.

 

  • Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

2B6F2D40-F1BE-467F-826E-479B47E86725.jpeg

 

We did it again baby!!

 

7554E7AA-A4A0-4AC4-9CBF-CCCBD93421AB.jpeg

PDX just missed out.

<p><font size="3"><font color="purple"><b>Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.</font></b></font></font>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

12Z GFS showed 84 at SEA today.   12Z ECMWF showed 78.

Actual result... 83.

 

PDX got to 89 today. The forecast was for 86.

<p><font size="3"><font color="purple"><b>Isaiah 26:20 Come, my people, enter your chambers, and shut your doors behind you; hide yourselves for a little while until the wrath is past.</font></b></font></font>

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Frontal Snowsquall said:

PDX got to 89 today. The forecast was for 86.

Difference not so great down there.

12Z ECMWF showed 87 at PDX today... 12Z GFS showed 89.  

 

  • Like 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

82 at SEA now... 77 at BLI.

According to the ECMWF the highs today will be 78 and 71 respectively.    Cool bias.

Depends on the location and the day. I don't think it's as much a thing for PDX, etc as people have been saying.

A forum for the end of the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is feeling like the big one. Probably will be a 100 year heat wave event. It really is a serious situation for older people without A/C.  Everyone should be drinking there body weight in 0z of water. 180 lbs 180 0z of water at a minimum.  

  • Sun 1

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This is feeling like the big one. Probably will be a 100 year heat wave event. It really is a serious situation for older people without A/C.  Everyone should be drinking there body weight in 0z of water. 180 lbs 180 0z of water at a minimum.  

Wasn’t 2009 suppose to be a 100 year heat wave?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

Depends on the location and the day. I don't think it's as much a thing for PDX, etc as people have been saying.

Its definitely not 100% of the time at SEA... but its very common.     And even more noticeable in the warm season on typical sunny days.   

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

This is feeling like the big one. Probably will be a 100 year heat wave event. It really is a serious situation for older people without A/C.  Everyone should be drinking there body weight in 0z of water. 180 lbs 180 0z of water at a minimum.  

 

7DEB9C62-D228-4F39-9AB6-2B6F59B7DE3D.jpeg

  • scream 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its all nature.   Weather patterns are an integral part of the biosphere.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Its all nature.   Weather patterns are an integral part of the biosphere.

Until he shows up! The sky was absolutely clear the last few days and today the (ahem) haze (cough cough) has ruined the atmosphere and down here it feels more stagnant then recently. Though this morning got chilly to 50F.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GobBluth said:

Maybe a psychological trick knowing we have impending heat, but the direct sun even feels more oppressive this afternoon.. 

Look at the sky and you'll see why. :(

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Link said:

Until he shows up! The sky was absolutely clear the last few days and today the (ahem) haze (cough cough) has ruined the atmosphere and down here it feels more stagnant then recently. Though this morning got chilly to 50F.

 

Those were wispy high clouds curling around the building high pressure to the north.    Not the government poisoning you.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Front Ranger said:

Hour 300... plenty of troughiness for center of country before then.

More like a rotting ULL confined to CO/NM.

  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Shocker!

Just wanted to assure someone that its not the US government messing up his sky.  ;)

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Fircrest said:

Scott doesn't work for KOMO anymore.  He is now with FOX weather and Q13.

Screenshot_20210624-161405.png

When did that happen?  I don't see his picture with the rest of the forecast team.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

00Z runs starting... updated atmospheric data being analyzed.    Sure hope the result is a faster marine push on Monday.

 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Big run.......does the marine push often make it to North Bend or no?

Yes... often.    They usually make it to the Cascade crest unless its just a weak push.  

This one will clearly make it to the Cascade crest... just a question of timing.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

When did that happen?  I don't see his picture with the rest of the forecast team.  

They brought in Chynna Greene from KEZI here in Eugene to be a co-anchor and correspondent. I knew she wouldn't be in the minor leagues too long.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 60F (Oct 13)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, TacomaWaWx said:

What an absolute sh*t morning. Driving to work and noticed a smell of gas coming from the car…car suddenly wouldn’t steer and shut off in the middle of the road. Thankfully some nice people helped me push it out of the road. Had my grandpa and a mechanic look at it…looks very likely someone got into the hood of my car and the fuel lines were intentionally cut. It’s not something I’ve mentioned on here before…but I have a civil anti-harassment order against a neighbor and former best friend of mine. Have been dealing with constant harassment such as being woken up in the middle of the night by this guy yelling at my window…spitting on my car and p*ssing on my car. This guy has been stalking me since early March…and just 2 nights ago I woke up to open my bedroom window and he was staring up at me in my window at 12 In the morning or something. Really creepy and very scary…probably will be finding a new place to live. Haven’t felt safe in my own home for a long time.  Have called the police on this guy 10-15 times but still haven’t had enough to get the police to do something. It seems like he has more protections than I do. Can’t prove he did this to my car though since my nieghbor below me doesn’t like me and won’t share the camera footage! Will be getting a camera and moving the f*ck out of here. I’m very lucky my car didn’t catch on fire with the amount of fuel leaking. 

Come be my neighbor. I have a great camera security system. Full infrared, motion detection, and I have a couple TB of storage. Also, you can't beat my mountain views ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Yes... often.    They usually make it to the Cascade crest unless its just a weak push.  

This one will clearly make it to the Cascade crest... just a question of timing.

I didn’t know it makes it that far up...wow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Link said:

Until he shows up! The sky was absolutely clear the last few days and today the (ahem) haze (cough cough) has ruined the atmosphere and down here it feels more stagnant then recently. Though this morning got chilly to 50F.

 

Why are there so many genuine lunatics on this board? Super weird.

  • Like 1
  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • iFred unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...