The Passing of Robert Felix

Ice Age Now Blog Author

author of Not By Fire But By Ice. 

It is with a heavy heart that I must make this post. I just learned that our friend Robert Felix has passed away on June 10th. He was a great friend and brought so many of us together. Nothing that I can write here will be able to do justice to the person that has been part of our lives for so many years. I am thankful that I was able to meet him and his wife over the Memorial Day weekend. Please take a moment to share your memories of our friend and I will do my best to get the comments approved for everyone to see. Thank you so much for being part of this site over the years. I know Robert enjoyed being able to share this thoughts and communicate with everyone here.

RIP my friend. I will miss you.

Sincerely,
Dan – Your long time friend and site admin.

• Angry 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

His site admin said he would keep the site up.  

I think he is wanting more to read his work and see his thoughts verified in time.  

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

On 6/30/2021 at 9:55 AM, iFred said:

This a bit of a gut punch. I remember listening to him on Coast to Coast back in the early 00s and I would always check out his blog to see the latest cold focused news and events.

I like him but would like also non bias sources too. :)  He isn't it for obvious reasons. Too bad there ISN'T any. 

On 6/26/2021 at 8:20 PM, Andie said:

Ice Age Now Blog Author

author of Not By Fire But By Ice. 

It is with a heavy heart that I must make this post. I just learned that our friend Robert Felix has passed away on June 10th. He was a great friend and brought so many of us together. Nothing that I can write here will be able to do justice to the person that has been part of our lives for so many years. I am thankful that I was able to meet him and his wife over the Memorial Day weekend. Please take a moment to share your memories of our friend and I will do my best to get the comments approved for everyone to see. Thank you so much for being part of this site over the years. I know Robert enjoyed being able to share this thoughts and communicate with everyone here.

RIP my friend. I will miss you.

Sincerely,
Dan – Your long time friend and site admin.

If you look at most of his post his 'headline' ones usually were just a small area being made large like a weird part of Australia having snow they usually get once every 5 years or so where almost nobody lives. YES THEY HAVE SKI RESORTS!! Though he nailed a lot of the inner science stuff down pretty well that regular science refuses to touch with a 10-foot pole. 

Don't believe me?The 5 Best Ski Resorts in Australia - UPDATED 2021/22 - SnowPak

Looking for a powder fix this Summer? Why not try down under? The southeastern states of New South Wales and Victoria are home to a whole bunch of diverse ski areas, and we’ve skied them all again and again to give you our pick of the best 5!

Due to COVID-19, safety measures were put in place by Australia which impacted the 20/21 ski season. These included mandatory 14-day hotel quarantine for all international travellers, mask-wearing and physical distancing. In Victoria which is home to Mount Hotham and Falls Creek, travellers from COVID-19 hotspots such as the Melbourne CBD were not permitted. In New South Wales which is home to Perisher and Thredbo, testing was strongly encouraged for the mildest of symptoms and face coverings recommended in all public spaces. Such restrictions are not anticipated to continue into the 21/22 winter season.

1. PERISHER

Known for

Being not only the largest ski area in Australia but the entire Southern Hemisphere

Highlights

• A diverse variety of terrain to keep skiers of all abilities happy
  • Handy skitube alpine railway helps you avoid icy roads to the resort
  • Family friendly resort with tobogganing and tubing available
  • No real ski village and too many long T-bar lifts still in operation

Closest airports

Kingsford Smith Intl. Airport - 297 mi (5.5 hour drive)

On 7/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, Link said:

If you look at most of his post his 'headline' ones usually were just a small area being made large like a weird part of Australia having snow they usually get once every 5 years or so where almost nobody lives. YES THEY HAVE SKI RESORTS!! Though he nailed a lot of the inner science stuff down pretty well that regular science refuses to touch with a 10-foot pole. 

Alot of the fought for that is on the fan base then it was Robert really.many sent him those Articles for him to posts.

On 7/2/2021 at 1:27 PM, Link said:

I enjoyed the site as I found a lot of global weather information I would never have read.  
He also encouraged people to join in and many appreciated the community feeling.  If nothing else Robert brought people into the conversation and enjoyed the dialogue. 

15 hours ago, Andie said:

I enjoyed the site as I found a lot of global weather information I would never have read.  
He also encouraged people to join in and many appreciated the community feeling.  If nothing else Robert brought people into the conversation and enjoyed the dialogue. 

This he also Andie brought a very respectful civilised discussion with no attacks or name calling nor fights which is hard to find on most climate discussions these days.Robert was easy to talk with and deal with.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 6:47 PM, Andie said:

I enjoy his science articles as the science checks out. GSM you should heck out his video on the PNW heatwave and the true cause of global warming and the fraud behind the modern 'science'.  I won't get into more but it's an eye opener for those who are brainwashed and/or braindead.  He links to the sources in his chatbox so if he says 'I'll put a link in the description right here' and nothing seems to show up it's because you have to unhide the stupid chat box thing.  He seems to be a phone only person from the description of things.  :(   Otherwise all his sources DO check out as well as Robert's sources.

I just don't or didn't like Robert's sensational moments where he becomes Alex Jones of weather in his BREAKING NEWS!!! OMG SNOW IN THE HILLS AROUND MELBOURNE AUSTRALIA!!!😲😲😲 Like that's never happened before.  Now if it snowed in Sydney or even in the outskirts............

• Like 1

Robert based everything largely from his own perceptions and reading.  Like many private researchers, he wasn't perfect but Robert brought people's attention to the change in the air, so to speak, that was coming literally decades before we began to see them.  He was researching in the early and mid 90's.  His global view was a reminder to me that what happens here, is only a small part of a very big picture that reaches out in the solar system and our planet is so heavily affected by that bright thing in the sky!  I'm going to miss his posts. 

On 7/13/2021 at 9:57 AM, Andie said:

Robert based everything largely from his own perceptions and reading.  Like many private researchers, he wasn't perfect but Robert brought people's attention to the change in the air, so to speak, that was coming literally decades before we began to see them.  He was researching in the early and mid 90's.  His global view was a reminder to me that what happens here, is only a small part of a very big picture that reaches out in the solar system and our planet is so heavily affected by that bright thing in the sky!  I'm going to miss his posts. 

Grand Solar Minimum is a good one to fill the gap. He just had a thing about global warming which clears up media misinformation and actual science and in the video mentions the 'Great Pacific Northwest Heatwave'. Here I skipped over to the 'data crunching' as he gets stuck on solar activity the first 20 mins.  He reminds me of a non alarmist Robert Felix while pretending to.............well I won't spoil the punchlines. 

• Like 1

Yeah. He explains in simple English what’s really going on.   
Anyone that studies this, even as an amateur, knows it’s not “global warming”.  Particularly when icicles are dangling off your *****!!!

It’s been clear to me since the 1990’s.  
Why can’t all these other so called sensible people catch on to the gaming of society?!

On 7/15/2021 at 10:44 AM, iFred said:

I used to listen to him in 2019, especially when he was picking up on news of how bad the plant was that season. He kind of got bad when his wife started to do the updates and things were mispronounced, when he started to blame YouTube for the lack of views, or when they added a lot of sound effects and visual pizzazz.

He's ok, but he isn't Robert Felix.

Except unlike Robert Felix he no longer is afraid to mention there is a climate change going on. Just that it's not man made which goes against the narrative of 'Deniers' vs 'Believers'.  It throws that entire argument into the ole rubbish bin where it belongs.  \

Robert helps (either inadvertently or on purpose) fuels the 'Deniers' vs 'Believers' false debate as he only focuses on cold spots usually some remote mountain nobody's heard of or gives a flying F about.  Grand Solar Minimum while also missing some of the necessary data gets into the bigger picture. 

On 7/15/2021 at 10:39 AM, iFred said:

It was always fun to read the reports from Australia, where he has a pretty sizable following, and to see that they were getting snow into September.

Usually though in areas that gets snow every 5 years as I szid in a previous post of mine where there ARE Ski Resorts in AU that operate every year.

On 7/17/2021 at 1:34 AM, Link said:

Except unlike Robert Felix he no longer is afraid to mention there is a climate change going on. Just that it's not man made which goes against the narrative of 'Deniers' vs 'Believers'.  It throws that entire argument into the ole rubbish bin where it belongs.  \

Robert helps (either inadvertently or on purpose) fuels the 'Deniers' vs 'Believers' false debate as he only focuses on cold spots usually some remote mountain nobody's heard of or gives a flying F about.  Grand Solar Minimum while also missing some of the necessary data gets into the bigger picture. 

You had to read between the lines with Robert of exackly where he was coming from  and Andie would agree with me with that.Robert certainly beleaved in climate changes in a nature caused so I would say it was inadvertently and not on purpose.plus alot of the Articles Robert posted were from the fans that gave him the Articles to post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 6:37 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

Dan posted and stated he talk with Roberts wife and they are going to continue Roberts legacy and keep the site running there going to ditch the covid and other news talk and stick with climate sounds like Dan has a great plan worked out Andie 

I knew there was a reason I gave up. He was going on and on about Covid and it became a Covid blog instead of a snowy climate blog. I hope the new owner mentions fires and heatwaves also instead of cherry picking data.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:30 PM, weatherfan2012 said:

You had to read between the lines with Robert of exackly where he was coming from  and Andie would agree with me with that.Robert certainly beleaved in climate changes in a nature caused so I would say it was inadvertently and not on purpose.plus alot of the Articles Robert posted were from the fans that gave him the Articles to post.

At least HALF of the article sites are from sites that go onto questionable sources. It's like a broken clock twice a day kind of thing and also pretends the west isn't drying up.