The Weather Forums

PNW Banter Thread - '21 - '23

22 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

All seems sort of irrelevant.   We have a horrific defense that Pete can't even figure out and he actually said it pisses him off... and we were losing games with Russ.   We had 7 points in that game against the Rams when Russ went out in the 3rd quarter.   So it does not really matter.   Geno... Blake... whatever.   Throw things against the wall and see what sticks.    

Pete knows what the problem with the defense is, he just won't admit someone needs to be fired. 

31 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

All seems sort of irrelevant.   We have a horrific defense that Pete can't even figure out and he actually said it pisses him off... and we were losing games with Russ.   We had 7 points in that game against the Rams when Russ went out in the 3rd quarter.   So it does not really matter.   Geno... Blake... whatever.   Throw things against the wall and see what sticks.    

It's not a good defense, but I also don't think it's the "worst defense ever" as some are painting it.

They gave up 26 points to an excellent Rams offense. Held the Colts to 16...they are averaging more than a touchdown more than that on the season. And they basically shutdown SF for most of the game before giving up some meaningless late points.

A forum for the end of the world.

4 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Did the Kraken sign Tre Flowers? 

You had to know that after Flowers made that statement about how he can’t seems to grasp the defensive schemes that he would be gone. Said it then, he’s not some rookie, he should know the schemes by now 3+ years in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

You had to know that after Flowers made that statement about how he can’t seems to grasp the defensive schemes that he would be gone. Said it then, he’s not some rookie, he should know the schemes by now 3+ years in. 

I think it's funny they are saying he requested his release, 100% sure they told him to say that to save any chance he has left in the NFL.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

I think it's funny they are saying he requested his release, 100% sure they told him to say that to save any chance he has left in the NFL.

100% because if the hawks just straight release him… which they are, but wanted a PR where he “requested” the release will allow him to find a job elsewhere. It also gets the hawks out of potential NFLPA troubles (for what? Who knows!).

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

100% because if the hawks just straight release him… which they are, but wanted a PR where he “requested” the release will allow him to find a job elsewhere. It also gets the hawks out of potential NFLPA troubles (for what? Who knows!).

Not sure about NFLPA troubles,  more like god forbid the coaching staff take blame.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I might have to break down and give money to crappy ESPN, Disney, and Directv. ☹️ 

I would hold off on it. I think this is one of the few times they play on ESPN. Most games are on Roots Sports or NBC unless you don’t have those!

• Like 1

I have NBC! 

Sorry Randy, looks like you’re out of luck. Contract ended for NBC for the NHL back in July. They’ll play some games on TNT and NHL. National broadcasts are TNT, NHL or ESPN.

I have NBC! 

Yeah... you definitely need Root Sports for the Mariners and now the Kraken.  

DirectTV rewarded me with NFL Ticket for free this year.   Pretty cool to be able to flip around and check out every game on Sunday.

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

You know what, the more I watch that replay the more I see there is a kicking motion. He turned his skate and flinched the putt into the goal… the skate also slightly left the ice. Weird call, weird ruling. But like the NFL, not enough evidence to overturn the goal. 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

You know what, the more I watch that replay the more I see there is a kicking motion. He turned his skate and flinched the putt into the goal… the skate also slightly left the ice. Weird call, weird ruling. But like the NFL, not enough evidence to overturn the goal. 

I think the NFL should make players sit in timeout in a box when they commit a penalty.   That would make it more interesting!  

• lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I think the NFL should make players sit in timeout in a box when they commit a penalty.   That would make it more interesting!  

Imagine a 340lbs lineman sprinting back out onto the field after his penalty timeout is up. 😂 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Not looking good for game #1 in franchise history. Vegas is a really good expansion team. 90-0-1 when they score 3+ goals. 

Season is over... time to rebuild for next year! 

46 minutes ago, Cloud said:

So the bucs actually removed Gruden from their ring of honor. Cancel culture is ridiculous in condemning someone for what they did or said a decade ago. So people can’t change? 

This all came about from the NFL investigating the Redskins as well not Gruden, also, it seems like they were systematically releasing a little bit at a time in regards to Grudens communications, done purposely to push him out even though he wasn't the focus of anything. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

This all came about from the NFL investigating the Redskins as well not Gruden, also, it seems like they were systematically releasing a little bit at a time in regards to Grudens communications, done purposely to push him out even though he wasn't the focus of anything. 

Exactly this Chris. Look, I’m willing to bet that if they look into all the coaches and executives emails, the majority of these will have some nasty shiit to say about Goodell too. The other stuff, sure, he was absolutely at fault but he apologized for it and it happened a decade ago. In the end, most likely nothing to do with him, it was more about investigating the WFT and he got caught. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Exactly this Chris. Look, I’m willing to bet that if they look into all the coaches and executives emails, the majority of these will have some nasty shiit to say about Goodell too. The other stuff, sure, he was absolutely at fault but he apologized for it and it happened a decade ago. In the end, most likely nothing to do with him, it was more about investigating the WFT and he got caught. 

Hell, we all have said derogatory shitt via email, text or other at one time or another in our lives, even on this forum, does that mean every one of us should be pushed to resign from our job or be fired if those things were found out.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Hell, we all have said derogatory shitt via email, text or other at one time or another in our lives, even on this forum, does that mean every one of us should be pushed to resign from our job or be fired if those things were found out.

Doesn’t change the fact that he is an idiot on many levels, and what he said in those emails cannot be excused because it was a decade ago which was just 2010-2011…Not long ago at all, and he was still a grown adult. We are not talking the 1950’s here. But that’s besides the point, he was an IDIOT for putting that crap in writing, C’MON if he had any logical sense at all and didn’t think he was above everything because he was “a name” in the NFL he would have known that anything in writing could come back and bite him in the a** at some point…I sure hope for his sake that he saved some of his millions because after this week he will have a hard time finding anyone that would hire him for anything. As Red Foreman would say…He is a dumba**!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MossMan said:

Doesn’t change the fact that he is an idiot on many levels, and what he said in those emails cannot be excused because it was a decade ago which was just 2010-2011…Not long ago at all, and he was still a grown adult. We are not talking the 1950’s here. But that’s besides the point, he was an IDIOT for putting that crap in writing, C’MON if he had any logical sense at all and didn’t think he was above everything because he was “a name” in the NFL he would have known that anything in writing could come back and bite him in the a** at some point…I sure hope for his sake that he saved some of his millions because after this week he will have a hard time finding anyone that would hire him for anything. As Red Foreman would say…He is a dumba**!! 

Speaking of Red, we are watching the Robocop "The Movies that Made Us" episode for it right now on Netflix!!

• Storm 1

38 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Look, he is definitely an idiot but I don’t think anyone would be shock by this. And I’ll be blunt about it, the NFL is a league full of African American players run by 80-90% white owners and coaches. I think you can kinda connect the dots here… his emails while  derogatory and hateful, I’m not even surprised that they were said.

I’m not white, I’m Asian American and I’ve faced some of these comments at work by my coworkers and even boss at times. I just don’t care, I ignore and do my shitt. This is the fact of life that many minorities have come to grip with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cloud said:

Look, he is definitely an idiot but I don’t think anyone would be shock by this. And I’ll be blunt about it, the NFL is a league full of African American players run by 80-90% white owners and coaches. I think you can kinda connect the dots here… his emails while  derogatory and hateful, I’m not even surprised that they were said.

I’m not white, I’m Asian American and I’ve faced some of these comments at work by my coworkers and even boss at times. I just don’t care, I ignore and do my shitt. This is the fact of life that many minorities have come to grip with.

That really sucks.

I can't imagine thinking that way.   And for Gruden to put that crap in an e-mail?   Talk about arrogant.    

30 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

That really sucks.

I can't imagine thinking that way.   And for Gruden to put that crap in an e-mail?   Talk about arrogant.    

You know, it does, at first but I’ve kinda ignored it over times. I happen to be only Asian guy design engineer at my work place among 10-15 others and most of the time when these guys go out to lunch they never really ask me to tag along. I usually like to bring my own lunch, so maybe that’s why 😂 

This one time, when we had a meeting over in Bellevue at the Valve HQ and the boss was tagging along, I’m supposed to be driving. Before we left, he came out and said loudly to the entire room. “Are you sure you want to drive while being Asian?” — and everyone just laughed. I find it hilarious of course I brushed it off and laughed along too. Next day, while my boss weren’t around, one of the guys (he’s actually really cool and friendly) asked me if I had any problems with what was said, I just laughed and said not at all. 

He also straight up told me and another engineer (we needed help) that he’s refusing to promote a female coworker with an engineering degree because she was pregnant at the time. She left the company few weeks later.

Boss have actually faced many HR disciplines for misogynistic and racist remarks. Nothing happened, just a slap on the wrist. 

I just find it common than you think. From leaked emails at work where even the owner sent out derogatory emails. That’s why the Gruden stuff don’t surprise me considering this whole thing with players vs owners/coaches. 

54 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

I don’t know about you guys, but as I was a kid watching him host Rescue 911 back in 1987, I just knew that at some point Will Shatner would fly into space on a giant dildo.

Hopefully The Shat spayed and neutered his Tribbles before heading up. 

154A523D-D473-40F8-8436-308E951074BC.jpeg