The Weather Forums

PNW Banter Thread - '21 - '23

Hockey is so chaotic…. 5v5 skating around chasing a black puck with no real strategy. This is mostly because it’s so fast paced that it’s completely different from soccer. Soccer have some real strategies involve. The only time I see hockey being remotely closed to being strategic is when a power play is involved. 

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Hockey is so chaotic…. 5v5 skating around chasing a black puck with no real strategy. This is mostly because it’s so fast paced that it’s completely different from soccer. Soccer have some real strategies involve. The only time I see hockey being remotely closed to being strategic is when a power play is involved. 

This is absolutely untrue.

Ironically, it’s because of strategies that it often looks so chaotic.

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Matt does not agree!  

Football is much more intriguing and strategic to me.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Matt does not agree!  

Football is much more intriguing and strategic to me.  

Im not saying it completely lacks tactics and strategies. They’re definitely there, you just have to know what you’re looking at. But because the game is so fluid it’s hard catch sometimes. The absolute best strategy is to have the best goalie out there. Often times, players also rotate in and out. Extremely chaotic. 

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Im not saying it completely lacks tactics and strategies. They’re definitely there, you just have to know what you’re looking at. But because the game is so fluid it’s hard catch sometimes. The absolute best strategy is to have the best goalie out there. Often times, players also rotate in and out. Extremely chaotic. 

Hockey requires a ton of spectator discipline.  Like Tim has proven pretty effectively, football is much easier to declare yourself an arm chair expert.

• Like 1
  • lol 2

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Hockey requires a ton of spectator discipline.  Like Tim has proven pretty effectively, football is much easier to declare yourself an arm chair expert.

I can't believe I have not been tapped to coach yet!    Maybe I can get the Huskies job when they fire Lake.  😁

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

15 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I can't believe I have not been tapped to coach yet!    Maybe I can get the Huskies job when they fire Lake.  😁

I don't think the players would be inspired at all by hearing this as soon as you enter the locker room "it's over, you all should have stayed home today, we have zero chance".

• lol 2

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

I don't think the players would be inspired at all by hearing this as soon as you enter the locker room "it's over, you all should have stayed home today, we have zero chance".

You made me actually laugh out loud... and you are spot on here.  🤣

21 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Lake of Fire is a pretty good song by the Meat Puppets.

7 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

That is  spot on. 🤣 
Tim is an incredible motivator. 

• lol 1

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

That guy would have been offside in soccer.

I’m still trying to figure out this whole offsides thing in hockey… obviously I’m under the impression that it’s the same as soccer but it isn’t. 

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

I’m still trying to figure out this whole offsides thing in hockey… obviously I’m under the impression that it’s the same as soccer but it isn’t. 

Puck has to be the first thing to cross the blue line.

It can be misleading though, because each skater can drag their skate to stay onside.  

• Like 1

Cardinals 7-0 and the Rams are 6-1.    Essentially blocking the Seahawks from any hope for the division before the half way point in the season... and basically taking one of the wild card spots.    It really doesn't matter much what the 49ers or Seahawks do at this point.    

• Excited 1

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Cardinals 7-0 and the Rams are 6-1.    Essentially blocking the Seahawks from any hope for the division before the half way point in the season... and basically taking one of the wild card spots.    It really doesn't matter much what the 49ers or Seahawks do at this point.    

Then there's no point in watching the games, especially the Monday night ones that intrude over Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. 

• Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

Stormy 49ers game.... and technically it's the same storm that will bring rain to the Seahawks game tomorrow night.    Two prime games with one storm! 

• Excited 1
  • Storm 1

1 hour ago, TT-SEA said:

I had a dream where Murray and Stafford both go down with season-ending ACLs next week.

• Excited 1
  • lol 1

A forum for the end of the world.

What the hell is wrong with Wentz tonight... two ridiculous plays now in which he appeared to be actually trying to flip the ball directly to a 49er player.

12 minutes ago, T-Town said:

Good call. Looks like it’s pouring now. 

Straight up nasty now... and really impacting the game too.  

Go Coltz 

Snowfall                                  Precip

2021-22: T"                         2021-22: 23.25" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

7 minutes ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Seahawks could be 2-5 after tonight. 

But then will go on 10 game win streak to end up 12-5 so its all good.

• Excited 1

6 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

I've got the under, so rooting for NASTINESS tonight.

Looks like its going to be very nasty.    I am sure that will help the turnover machine that is Geno Smith!