Jump to content
The Weather Forums

PNW Banter Thread - '21 - '23


Recommended Posts

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Slice and dice it all you want... but this is a 3-7 team which is not probably not as good as their record shows.  

Even if there was the slightest glimmer of hope for a wildcard berth it’s gone now. Not that there was much hope to begin with. 

  • Like 2

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-6.97”

Snowfall 11”

Sub 40 highs-10

Sub 32 highs-4

Sub 32 lows-9

Coldest High-24

Coldest Low-16

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TacomaWaWx said:

Even if there was the slightest glimmer of hope for a wildcard berth it’s gone now. Not that there was much hope to begin with. 

Sort of a relief... none of the games matter now.  

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TacomaWaWx said:

Pretty sure either Pete Carroll or Russell Wilson will be gone next season…maybe both of them. 

Pray its both of them.   And they take a bunch of other players with them.

  • Excited 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TT-SEA said:

Pray its both of them.   And they take a bunch of other players with them.

With any luck we will be relevant again in the playoff conversation in 3-5 years. We’ve been on a consistent downward trend as a team since Wilson threw the pick in the super bowl against the patriots. we’ve gotten worse and worse each season. Now we’ve finally hit rock bottom. 

  • Like 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-6.97”

Snowfall 11”

Sub 40 highs-10

Sub 32 highs-4

Sub 32 lows-9

Coldest High-24

Coldest Low-16

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tim just likes to stir the pot.  He sits there in his Upper North Bend mansion and tries to garner attention. 

The movie "A Seahawks Suicidal Drama", just gives him the attention he is looking for.  

He has accomplished all he needs to in his personal life, now it is time for him to "try" and get notoriety on a half-witted, geeky, loser, weather forum.

  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

You guys take this team too personally, really worried about your mental health.

I have already flushed it... and the season!

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Tim just likes to stir the pot.  He sits there in his Upper North Bend mansion and tries to garner attention. 

The movie "A Seahawks Suicidal Drama", just gives him the attention he is looking for.  

He has accomplished all he needs to in his personal life, now it is time for him to "try" and get notoriety on a half-witted, geeky, loser, weather forum.

Wow... so unnecessarily personal!  My Seahawks rantings have nothing to do with attention.   Just venting.   Sort of like yelling at the TV which I stopped doing a few years back at my wife's request.  😀

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Wow... so unnecessarily personal!  My Seahawks rantings have nothing to do with attention.   Just venting.   Sort of like yelling at the TV which I stopped doing a few years back at my wife's request.  😀

Unnecessarily personal coming from someone that is unnecessarily personal with almost every post, lol.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Unnecessarily personal coming from someone that is unnecessarily personal with almost every post, lol.

What?

I don't attack anyone personally.  Ever.   Where in my Seahawks complaints today did I say anything about anyone here?  

  • Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

What?

I don't attack anyone personally.  Ever.   Where in my Seahawks complaints today did I say anything about anyone here?  

Not talking about you personally tonight.  You know what I mean about your entire stay on these forums, lol.  It is fine, I can appreciate it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TheNewCulverJosh said:

Not talking about you personally tonight.  You know what I mean about your entire stay on these forums, lol.  It is fine, I can appreciate it.

All good dude.   👍

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MossMan said:

If you think we are bad on this thread…You guys should check out the thousands of comments on the Seahawks FB groups…Wow!! 

Yeah... its pretty funny.   Misery loves company.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Unloyal fans

Not really... we want changes.   Happily supporting a bad team is silly.   Fans should demand a higher standard.

  • Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found this on Seahawks subreddit...

We all know how bad our offense has been this season at staying on the field. How bad have they been exactly? Well, I could only find data going back to 2003, but it still paints a pretty damning picture. 

**All times listed are for the #32 team in average time of possession in that season, not including OT. Records included so we can see what kind of elite company we're on pace to join if we keep it up.**

* 2020: 27:18 (Texans; 4-12)

* 2019: 27:11 (WFT; 3-13)

* 2018: 26:33 (Cardinals; 3-13)

* 2017: 27:09 (Bengals; 7-9) *The winless Browns were #31.*

* 2016: 26:47 (49ers; 2-14)

* 2015: 25:51 (Eagles; 7-9)

* 2014: 26:40 (Eagles; 10-6)

* 2013: 26:19 (Eagles; 10-6)

* 2012: 27:24 (Titans; 6-10)

* 2011: 26:13 (Colts; 2-14)

* 2010: 25:55 (Titans; 6-10)

* 2009: 27:30 (Seattle; 5-11)

* 2008: 26:37 (Seattle; 4-12) *The winless Lions were #31.* 

* 2007: 26:57 (49ers; 5-11)

* 2006: 27:09 (Titans; 8-8)

* 2005: 26:36 (Jets 4-12)

* 2004: 26:47 (Raiders; 5-11)

* 2003: 27:37 (Texans; 5-11)

 

**2021 Seattle Seahawks: 25:18 through 9 games (Packers game).** 

Time of possession against the Cardinals: **19:38** 

For some context: 

* The #1 team in 2021 is Baltimore, averaging almost 33 minutes (32:50). 

* Last year in 2020, the Seahawks averaged over 4 minutes more on the field on offense, at 29:32. Nearly ten full minutes longer than our game against the Cardinals.

* During our Super Bowl runs in '13 and '14, we averaged 29:57 and 31:26, respectively. Good enough for 17th and 7th best in the NFL. 

[Primary source:](https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-time-of-possession-net-of-ot?date=2015-02-01)

  • Like 3

Weather station: https://maplevalleywx.com

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They never fully recovered from the Malcolm Butler “incident” 

If they would have won that super bowl I think things would have been way different and the trickle down would have pushed us through for another season or two. Probably another Super Bowl or two. 
 

Also doesn’t help that Paul Allen died. 

  • Sad 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, MossMan said:

They never fully recovered from the Malcolm Butler “incident” 

If they would have won that super bowl I think things would have been way different and the trickle down would have pushed us through for another season or two. Probably another Super Bowl or two. 
 

Also doesn’t help that Paul Allen died. 

It was a Seahawks coaching staff incident.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Found this on Seahawks subreddit...

We all know how bad our offense has been this season at staying on the field. How bad have they been exactly? Well, I could only find data going back to 2003, but it still paints a pretty damning picture. 

**All times listed are for the #32 team in average time of possession in that season, not including OT. Records included so we can see what kind of elite company we're on pace to join if we keep it up.**

* 2020: 27:18 (Texans; 4-12)

* 2019: 27:11 (WFT; 3-13)

* 2018: 26:33 (Cardinals; 3-13)

* 2017: 27:09 (Bengals; 7-9) *The winless Browns were #31.*

* 2016: 26:47 (49ers; 2-14)

* 2015: 25:51 (Eagles; 7-9)

* 2014: 26:40 (Eagles; 10-6)

* 2013: 26:19 (Eagles; 10-6)

* 2012: 27:24 (Titans; 6-10)

* 2011: 26:13 (Colts; 2-14)

* 2010: 25:55 (Titans; 6-10)

* 2009: 27:30 (Seattle; 5-11)

* 2008: 26:37 (Seattle; 4-12) *The winless Lions were #31.* 

* 2007: 26:57 (49ers; 5-11)

* 2006: 27:09 (Titans; 8-8)

* 2005: 26:36 (Jets 4-12)

* 2004: 26:47 (Raiders; 5-11)

* 2003: 27:37 (Texans; 5-11)

 

**2021 Seattle Seahawks: 25:18 through 9 games (Packers game).** 

Time of possession against the Cardinals: **19:38** 

For some context: 

* The #1 team in 2021 is Baltimore, averaging almost 33 minutes (32:50). 

* Last year in 2020, the Seahawks averaged over 4 minutes more on the field on offense, at 29:32. Nearly ten full minutes longer than our game against the Cardinals.

* During our Super Bowl runs in '13 and '14, we averaged 29:57 and 31:26, respectively. Good enough for 17th and 7th best in the NFL. 

[Primary source:](https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/average-time-of-possession-net-of-ot?date=2015-02-01)

 

Good stuff. Even more remarkable when you consider that we're actually somehow best in the NFL at protecting the football (tied with Minnesota with only 6 turnovers). Obviously leading the league in punts at this point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Pete sticking around for a couple more seasons as we go into a half ass rebuild. Not only will we blow our draft capital on ill fitting talent, the picks will get for Wilson, Dickinson, and Metcalf will probably amount to four 45 year old running backs with glass vertebrae.

Then as Pete does his retirement press conference, giving us stories about how he coached honest football and how trick plays, creative offenses don’t matter, Belichick ball doesn’t matter, any defensive scheme that doesn’t require generational talent to execute by brute force is impossible, Jody will swoop in to tell us that Russ bought part of the team with a San Antonio ownership group. What could go wrong there.

For any of the “a real fan wouldn’t be disappointed. A real fan would support Pete and shove that cucumber sized optimism suppository deep until the grin become medically induced” kind of people out there, eat shit and keep your “Russ will retire with us” happy go lucky bullshit to yourself.

  • Like 4
  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pete Carroll has been one hell of a coach overall though until recent years. 1 super bowl win with 2 Super Bowl appearances and this’ll be the first time in a decade they’ll have a losing record. It could be worse and it’s probably time for a change but he did take us to our first super bowl title. I think the team could have made another super bowl appearance or two as well had we beat the patriots. 

  • Excited 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-6.97”

Snowfall 11”

Sub 40 highs-10

Sub 32 highs-4

Sub 32 lows-9

Coldest High-24

Coldest Low-16

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Pete Carroll has been one hell of a coach overall though until recent years. 1 super bowl win with 2 Super Bowl appearances and this’ll be the first time in a decade they’ll have a losing record. It could be worse and it’s probably time for a change but he did take us to our first super bowl title. I think the team could have made another super bowl appearance or two as well had we beat the patriots. 

They could still have a double digit winning season!! 😀😀🤣

  • Excited 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I heard today that Russ is 8-9 in the last 17 games he has started.    

He has also been crouching as defenders approach for at least a couple years now.  And he never seems to throw quick slant passes over the middle as we have seen other teams do to the Seahawks and just shred us... that neutralizes an aggressive pass rush.    They say he doesn't do that because he can't see over the defenders... not sure if that is true.   

He came out of the gate on fire last season and then has not done much since.    Something is not right.   There are many issues with the Seahawks and Russ is definitely part of the problem. 

  • scream 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...