The Weather Forums

PNW Banter Thread - '21 - '23

7 hours ago, hawkstwelve said:

Woke up this morning to like five EPSN notifications. Dolphins, Vikings, Bears all fired their head coaches. I was really hoping to see "Seahawks fire HC Pete Carroll after 12 seasons" among the notifications but alas, my hopes were dashed and there was no news of Pete's firing. Lame.

Listening to some of the stuff today they sure made it sound like a team that's not going to replace the HC for next season. 

• Sad 1

Wild card weekend and the divisional round weekend are the most fun.    

This weekend we get to watch 6 teams who fought so hard to get to the playoffs... immediately get eliminated.   And we don't have to worry about it happening to the Seahawks! 

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Nice to see Alabama lose.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 35F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Coldest low: 26F (Dec 27, 2021)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 11 (Most recent: Jan 9, 2022)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 4 (Most recent: Dec 29, 2021)
  • Total snowfall: 10.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall: December 28, 2021
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 30.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

1 minute ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

Nice to see Alabama lose.

100% but look like early odds have them as fav for ‘22-‘23 title. Doesn’t mean anything since this is literally where they are every year. 

And this is why I will never live anywhere that could issue me a fine for having too many weeds or tall grass if I was unable to keep up with it for a while for whatever reason. I hope that judge gets massive shiiit for this. 
https://www.insider.com/judge-berates-cancer-patient-too-weak-to-keep-up-lawn-2022-1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

And this is why I will never live anywhere that could issue me a fine for having too many weeds or tall grass if I was unable to keep up with it for a while for whatever reason. I hope that judge gets massive shiiit for this. 
https://www.insider.com/judge-berates-cancer-patient-too-weak-to-keep-up-lawn-2022-1

Where is their gardener?

11 hours ago, MossMan said:

His son and he was out of the country for a few months. 

He could have hired a gardener when they got back, like the one who comes to our house once a week in his pickup truck and gets paid to do what we are too lazy to do.

But yes that judge is an idiot and he should be forced to do yard work if he gets cancer or COVID. 

• Like 1

I thought the Seahawks/Vikings playoff game was in the top 5 coldest ever playoff games, they were not even on the list that was displayed before the start of the Bills/Patriots game. Weird. 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

5 minutes ago, MossMan said:

I thought the Seahawks/Vikings playoff game was in the top 5 coldest ever playoff games, they were not even on the list that was displayed before the start of the Bills/Patriots game. Weird. 

Yeah... that is a mistake.   It was 12 degrees colder at the start of the Seahawks - Vikings game than it is now in Buffalo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5zFfcPdQN8

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 hours ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

Good news. Patriots lost.

I don’t have nearly the hatred of the patriots as I once did. That hatred has shifted to the buccaneers. Whiny face Tom Brady and purple faced Bruce Arians. 🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮😡🤬😤👿💩

• Like 1

Some rather one sided boring games except for the Raiders/Bengals game. I hate Garapalapalapalooo. 🤢🤮

1 hour ago, BLI snowman said:

Tough day for SF.

Nick Bosa goes out with a concussion and now Fred Warner looks like he just suffered a possible ACL injury. Even if they hold on here in this game, that's probably the season for them.

The Packers are going to destroy them next weekend. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Hoping the Bills go all the way.

Hate SF, Green Bay, the Rams, and of course Brady. Also looking forward to seeing Big Ben's career end in flames tonight.

My thoughts exactly! 

26 minutes ago, MossMan said:

The Packers are going to destroy them next weekend. 

But I hate Aaron Rodgers too!   No win situation.   Except one of those teams will lose.  

• Sad 1