Consecutive Earthquakes in Nepal

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the theory looks quite interesting to me. In fact I was reading somewhere that It’s the ebb and flow of rainwater in the great river deltas of India and Bangladesh, and the pressure that puts on the grinding plates that make up the surface of the planet. They say this pressure is sufficient to trigger quakes.

Claire Anderson

http://www.weathermate.net

San Francisco, CA, USA

• 2 weeks later...

Generally unrelated.

Heavy rainfall has been thought to lubricate faults and encourage slips where stress may exist but quakes are not affected by climate in my opinion. If you want to equate rainfall and climate change then I suppose that argument could be made. Now, quakes are associated consistently with volcanic activity, and gases from volcanoes, SO2, does create a cooling affect as in the Krakatoa event in the early 1800's or the recent eruptions in Iceland.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*