Historic Global Floods - Scientists Alarmed

Posted on July 20, 2021 © 2021 by Linda Moulton Howe

Heavy Rains and Deadly Floods in China Shut Down Subways and Trains. Scientists “Shocked and Alarmed.”

“I have lived in Zhengzhou all my life and have never seen such a heavy rainstorm as today, July 20, 2021…” where passengers were trapped in waist-high water.”

— Wang Guirong, restaurant manager in Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China

“I am scared that it seems to be happening so quickly. There have been seriously record-breaking events all over the world, within weeks of each other.”

— Hayley Fowler, Ph.D., Hydroclimatologist, U. K. Newcastle University

Henan Province  (pale blue) in east central China in this Google Earth map has 94 million people. Zhengzhou is the ancient capital dating back to Neolithic times that had 10.35 million population in 2019. Henan Province  (pale blue) in east central China in this Google Earth map has 94 million people. Zhengzhou is the ancient capital dating back to Neolithic times that had 10.35 million population in 2019. Heavy rain and flooding washed away trucks and cars and stopped train services on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, in China's Henan Province where twelve people also died in the floods and 100,000 residents have been moved to "safe zones." Click to enlarge. Heavy rain and flooding washed away trucks and cars and stopped train services on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, in China’s Henan Province where twelve people also died in the floods and 100,000 residents have been moved to “safe zones.”

July 20, 2021  Zhengzhou, Capitol of Henan Province, China – This is China’s annual “rainy season,” but no one has been prepared for the nearly 8 inches of rain that  fell in one hour on Tuesday, July 20, 2021, causing the Yellow River in Zhengzhou to overflow its banks. Ninety-four million people live in China’s Henan Province and heavy rainfall has now killed at least 12 people in the capitol while more than 100,000 people are now trying to survive in “safe zones.”

Wang Guirong, a 56-year-old restaurant manager, said she planned to sleep on the couch in her restaurant after being told there was no power in her neighborhood. “I have lived in Zhengzhou all my life and have never seen such a heavy rainstorm as today … where passengers were trapped in waist-high water.”

July 19-20, 2021 — Flooding Inside Zhengzhou Subway and Street

Will the Xiaolangdi Reservoir Dam Collapse?

The Chinese army contacted media to warn that the Xiaolangdi Reservoir Dam is badly damaged by the torrential rains and “could collapse at any time.” Evacuations around the dam have been ordered by the local government.

“Shocking and Alarming” Intensity and Scale of Floods
from China to Germany and Belgium

Climate scientists say that the intensity and scale of the floods in Germany, Belgium and China this week are “shocking.” The record-breaking extreme heat, fire and rain records over such a wide area of Earth this soon in mid-2021 is alarming.

Expressing his own surprise by how far the broken records are above previous records, Professor Dieter Gerten, an expert in global change climatology and hydrology at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research in Germany told U.K.’s The Guardian: “We seem to be not just above normal, but in domains we didn’t expect in terms of spatial extent and the speed with which it developed.”

“I am scared that it seems to be happening so quickly,” said Hayley Fowler, a hydroclimatologist at Newcastle University in Britain. “There have been seriously record-breaking events all over the world, within weeks of each other.”

https://www.earthfiles.com/2021/07/20/heavy-rains-and-deadly-floods-in-china-shut-down-subways/

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic