The Largest Storm on the Planet.

I've been lucky enough to go down to New Zealand and look around. It's probably the most beautiful land I've ever seen and the open hospitality of its residents has not been matched in my experience.

They're currently dealing with the largest low pressure storm on the planet. My question is, is this a rare anomaly or is this the beginning of something new ? Scroll down to the bottom of the article for the animation. It's early in the Southern Hemisphere winter so it makes you sit up and take notice. I've read articles on the reduced melt on the poles so perhaps we have some changes ahead.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11454421

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have heard that El Nino is coming back to my country and that is a big worry for us

The presence of El Niño can influence global weather, climate, ocean conditions, and marine fisheries. El Niño will likely contribute to a below normal Atlantic hurricane season, and to above-normal hurricane seasons in both the central and eastern Pacific hurricane basins.

Claire Anderson

http://www.weathermate.net

San Francisco, CA, USA