You’ve Got 10 Seconds. Now what?

So, if you had just 10 seconds advanced earthquake warning, what could you do with it?   
At home?

At work?   

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/theres-an-earthquake-coming?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

• Like 1

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• 1 month later...
On 8/12/2021 at 4:46 PM, Andie said:

So, if you had just 10 seconds advanced earthquake warning, what could you do with it?   
At home?

At work?   

https://www.newyorker.com/tech/annals-of-technology/theres-an-earthquake-coming?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pockethits

It would give enough time for auto sensors to open fire truck doors so fire trucks won't be stuck in the event of a power fail!  Hospitals can safely hut down equipment and switch to emergency power ahead of time and shut gas off,etc

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 11:11 AM, Mr Marine Layer said:

That's even worse than 72 hours for the moon to crash. Play the Song of Time over and over and over. Better practice up as any mistakes could mean it's all over.

I'd rather have 72 hours. But 10 seconds is enough to start slowing down high speed trains to 'low' speed by the time earthquake hits. The trains won't be able to stop entirely but they will have slowed way down by the time the 'quack' hits so by the time any track may be damaged it's far easier to stop.

In other words I'd rather a low speed collision then a high speed one.