The Weather Forums

September Wx Obs for the PacNW (2021 Edition)

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So for you, “perfection” is nothing less than one of the most environmentally destructive summers in our region’s history. Noted.

Hi Jesse! Want to come over, I can take you tubing behind my boat! 

• Like 1
  • Excited 2
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Hi Jesse! Want to come over, I can take you tubing behind my boat! 

Might have done it in August but was too busy fighting the fires caused by all that “perfection”.

• Like 1
  • scream 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, MossMan said:

There it is!! I was wondering when you were going to pull that card out! Well there is always next summer! Come on over! 

Nicely done.  😁

• Sun 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Lmfao… some of y’all are just downright evil to each other at times on here. Toxic af. 🤣

Yeah, accusing someone of “playing a card” when they mention helping with the fire effort is pretty d**n low. 

• Like 5
  • Excited 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

In the meantime, high clouds and smoke have rolled in. Should make for a spectacular sunset! 

I’m mildly intrigued by the little shortwave tonight. Hopefully it doesn’t just start more fires.

• Like 2
  • Excited 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

Yep, that was seriously fuckked up.

Nah.   Jesse dishes out the moral high ground BS all the time.   As if someone enjoying or not enjoying something about nature has any bearing on what actually happens.  🤨

• Like 3
  • lol 1
  • Downvote 3

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

I’ve barely talked about it for the very fact that I figured I’d be accused of weaponizing it. Kind of says a lot about this place.

Then again a lot of people were supportive and grateful and I do really appreciate that. A lot of good people post here too, just not nearly at the same volume as some of the louder more abrasive voices, unfortunately.

• Like 3
  • lol 2
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’ve barely talked about it for the very fact that I figured I’d be accused of weaponizing it. Kind of says a lot about this place.

Then again a lot of people were supportive and grateful and I do really appreciate that. A lot of good people post here too, just not nearly at the same volume as some unfortunately.

Dude... you are constantly digging.  Constantly looking to stir things up.   I can pull up 10 posts from just the last two days.   You don't need to do that.   But of course you have to keep it going.   So you can't have it both ways.

It literally does not matter if someone likes hot weather or dry weather or sunny weekends or anything else you don't like.  It changes nothing.    Someone could want the PNW to become the Sahara or the Arctic Circle.   Who cares?

• Like 1
  • Excited 2
  • Troll 1

10 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Nah.   Jesse dishes out the moral high ground BS all the time.   As if someone enjoying or not enjoying something about nature has any bearing on what actually happens.  🤨

If it starts raining today and doesn't stop until July 2022, I can't do a solitary thing about it. I can either deal with it or head somewhere else. 😉👍

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 hours ago, Jesse said:

That said; you'll be fine. I'll be fine. We'll all be fine. Unless it rains on a weekend, of course.

21 hours ago, Jesse said:

That’s pretty close to being on a Sunday.

Anxiety!!! 😟☹️🥺🤢🤮

Always digging.   😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Then again a lot of people were supportive and grateful and I do really appreciate that. A lot of good people post here too, just not nearly at the same volume as some of the louder more abrasive voices, unfortunately.

Thank you for volunteering to fight fires. I really appreciate your service to the people of our fine state. My dad did the same thing over 50 years ago. He volunteered over in the Olympic National Forest when he was 17 years old.👍👍

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, snow drift said:

Thank you for volunteering to fight fires. I really appreciate your service to the people of our fine state. My dad did the same thing over 50 years ago. He volunteered over in the Olympic National Forest when he was 17 years old.👍👍

Nice try.  Fire wasn’t invented until after they put in the third runway at SeaTac.

• lol 1
  • Storm 1
  • scream 1
  • Troll 1
  • Weenie 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

4 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Nice try.  Fire wasn’t invented until after they put in the third runway at SeaTac.

Exactly.      We were permitted to enjoy summer before wildfires were invented 20 years ago.

6 minutes ago, snow drift said:

And they said that the internet would bring us all closer together. Sheesh

This is obviously OT so I’ll make a quick comment on it and move on but the internet over the years have evolved into something incredibly toxic with a bunch of online bullying, abuse (sexually), and cancel culture…. Especially on social media and  private forums, like Reddit. The gaming industry is especially notable for this with a bunch of keyboard Warriors shitposting from their mom’s basement.  

It’s kinda like weather, it is what it. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • scream 1

14 minutes ago, snow drift said:

If it starts raining today and doesn't stop until July 2022, I can't do a solitary thing about it. I can either deal with it or head somewhere else. 😉👍

I don’t think you’ve had the pleasure of being here long enough to deal with certain people when the weather doesn’t go in their favor for extended periods.

Been a great last several years to be a sun and warmth lover around here. Especially in our ever lengthening warm season.

• Snow 1

4 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Careful. The defense has got a really good lawyer...

91ED70B4-85EA-434C-B191-45556703A501.gif

• lol 6
  • Popcorn 1
  • scream 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 20-21 Stats:

• Coldest high: 38F (Nov 21)
  • Coldest low: 23F (Oct 26)
  • Days with below freezing temps: 50 (Most recent: Apr 14, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 3 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F)
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

He was right though.

Jesse is the biggest hypocritical passive aggressive poster on this forum who tells people to go F themselves when he doesn’t get his way…And adds about as much weather knowledge to the forum as I do. It’s sad really but I’m the bad guy now for calling him out so I guess I’m out! Have a great winter season everyone! 😀

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Snow 1
  • Storm 1
  • Weenie 3

Good lord can we skip the arguing, downvotes and wieners and get to what’s going on tonight? Might it be the most interesting weather we’ve had in awhile? We will find out hopefully it ends up being an interesting one. September has had some good ones over the years recently. 

• Like 8
  • Rain 1

Monthly rainfall-2.23”

Cold season rainfall-

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-63

Coldest Low-42

2 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I don’t think you’ve had the pleasure of being here long enough to deal with certain people when the weather doesn’t go in their favor for extended periods.

Been a great last several years to be a sun and warmth lover around here. Especially in our ever lengthening warm season.

Look in the mirror big guy! You used to be completely unbearable. But you win and I am out! 

• Like 1
  • Excited 2
  • Popcorn 1
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, MossMan said:

Jesse is the biggest hypocritical passive aggressive poster on this forum who tells people to go F themselves when he doesn’t get his way…And adds about as much weather knowledge to the forum as I do. It’s sad really but I’m the bad guy now for calling him out so I guess I’m out! Have a great winter season everyone! 😀

Ok, NOW I’m offended. 😂

Oh wow. Jesse is really on his high horse tonight. What did I miss?

• Popcorn 1
  • Troll 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 65.58"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

5 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Good lord can we skip the arguing, downvotes and wieners and get to what’s going on tonight? Might it be the most interesting weather we’ve had in awhile? We will find out hopefully it ends up being an interesting one. September has had some good ones over the years recently. 

I'm mostly hoping we see enough rain to offset whatever fires may be started by lightning. I do agree it's an interesting setup though.

• Sun 1

High of 87 here today. Too warm for September. I have been really enjoying the days in the 70s lately. I'm 100% over the hot weather.

I'm still seeing a bit of a spike on my temp graph around 5:20PM everyday where the temp will quickly rise and then fall a few degrees in the span of about 20 minutes. I was hoping it would go away when I moved the station to the roof but apparently not. It's only really noticeable on sunny days like this but I'm going to have to try and figure out what's going on as I think it artificially bumps my highs up a couple degrees.

On another note, really hoping we can score some thunderstorms overnight!

• Like 5

Weather station: https://maplevalleywx.com

Powerboating on a $27m yacht in lake

Godwin?! Sign me up. I’ll pack my Speedo. 

• Excited 1
  • Sick 1

81/56 today. Reminded me of around this time a decade ago. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jesse said:

That was long ago.   People change.   And nobody can change the climate.   If its warmer and sunnier here for the long term then I will enjoy it... so what?  Does that change anything?   If it changes back to colder and wetter then we can easily move.    

I would have enjoyed the first half of the 20th century here... and would not have enjoyed the second half nearly as much.  Looks like I got lucky on timing... at least so far.      

• Troll 1

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I'm mostly hoping we see enough rain to offset whatever fires may be started by lightning. I do agree it's an interesting setup though.

Well like many of us on here and the Wxtwitter people know…you never know what’s going to happen in these type of set ups. 

• Like 1

Monthly rainfall-2.23”

Cold season rainfall-

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-63

Coldest Low-42