The Weather Forums

September Wx Obs for the PacNW (2021 Edition)

Did I miss some drama earlier? Thank God for that. As I've said many times, I do not understand the need or desire for any of it on the weather forum and that's factoring in all of the different personalities, preferences, and other complexities people have.

00z ECMWF in 1 hour 16 minutes

• Like 3

Which site has each individual ensemble member snow map?

• Excited 1
  • Popcorn 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 58F (Oct 18)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

22 hours ago, Meatyorologist said:

don't just kick him out onto the streets, they're dangerous! clathrate gun violence is through the roof

Serious moment though. Some people have been given, in a very literal sense, nearly a hundred chances. At what point does someone say "maybe there is a reason why this person gets kicked off nearly every other site and is in the center of X, Y, and Z". I guess I can say that seeing how its all been very in the open and at times needlessly transparent.

At least Tim doesn't tell people off.

Edited by iFred
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

IMG_5516.thumb.GIF.eb14775f919f264b6ec6a7c7ffc9eb70.GIF

Hoping this can make its way inland without losing much juice. Could make those "few hundredths of an inch" predictions look foolish.

Looks pretty healthy.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 hour ago, crf450ish said:

I can attest to this. It is actually annoying as hell. Working in Spokane proper and then commuting home only to discover that I missed out on the blue skies and frigid temps really pissed me off. I used to love the snow. After having nearly perished in a car crash due to heavy snow, I now only look forward to and and enjoy frigid temps and sun during winter. The snow scares the out of me. 

Seriously 

Spokane rocks a mean inversion. Freezing fog on Bigelow Gulch and Peone Prairie can be deadly. It really varies throughout the area. It can work in reverse sometimes too.

Today was definitely a warm one. I saw 83° at one point in Woodinville. Would be nice to hear some thunder tonight. 

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

11 minutes ago, iFred said:

Fall starts late on the 15th.

image.png

First Rain.png

Yeah, I like WB better so far.

• Like 2

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*

Personal Stats:

Venmo

22 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

Did I miss some drama earlier? Thank God for that. As I've said many times, I do not understand the need or desire for any of it on the weather forum and that's factoring in all of the different personalities, preferences, and other complexities people have.

00z ECMWF in 1 hour 16 minutes

If you want drama, watch Days of Our Lives.

• lol 2
  • Snow 1

Need to get this inside 5 days.Pattern Change Bitches.png

• Like 6
  • Rain 1

Personal Stats:

Venmo

1 hour ago, crf450ish said:

No. I honestly believe this Halloween is gonna be reminiscent of that of many Halloweens during the 90s. Freezing your a$$ off while trailing the trick or treating kids in the distance. Hot and late summers are indicative of cooler than average falls. You know this.  

Last year we had snow on the ground a week before Halloween. Who knows about this year. What do we do for an encore?

1 minute ago, Mr Marine Layer said:

I got partially banned for arguing with a Nebraskan.

Was this in reference to Scott Frost's buyout?

• lol 2

Personal Stats:

Venmo

1 minute ago, snow drift said:

Last year we had snow on the ground a week before Halloween. Who knows about this year. What do we do for an encore?

For some reason I don't remember a lot of halloweens but there was a couple in particular back in the early 2000s when I was still in HS and we went around  picking frosty apples because it got really chilly/cold by then. Also remembered a few wet halloweens where there were literally no trick-or-treaters. 

• Snow 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

For some reason I don't remember a lot of halloweens but there was a couple in particular back in the early 2000s when I was still in HS and we went around  picking frosty apples because it got really chilly/cold by then. Also remembered a few wet halloweens where there were literally no trick-or-treaters. 

I had 2" in Olympia on Halloween when I lived there in 2003.

• Snow 2

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Rainy Halloweens are rough for trick or treating. 

• Rain 1

Just now, iFred said:

Serious moment though. Some people have been given, in a very literal sense, nearly a hundred chances. At what point does someone say "maybe there is a reason why this person gets kicked off nearly every other side and is in the center of X, Y, and Z". I guess I can say that seeing how its all been very in the open and at times needlessly transparent.

At least Tim doesn't tell people off.

I thought you were joking... 😬

Really loved the 0z run... signaled a seasonal change and now potentially  some meaningful rain inside day 10. Keep this going and get it inside 5 days and we're golden! No rug pulling allowed! we'll shoot Chris' racoons if we have to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cloud said:

Really loved the 0z run... signaled a seasonal change and now potentially  some meaningful rain inside day 10. Keep this going and get it inside 5 days and we're golden! No rug pulling allowed! we'll shoot Chris' racoons if we have to. 

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

• Like 1
  • lol 1

7 minutes ago, Cloud said:

You don't have enough ammo for that.

And I will reverse psychology the 💩 out of the weather to bring a snow storm again this winter.  I will just deal with the coons as they come.

• lol 1

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

That was long ago.   People change.   And nobody can change the climate.   If its warmer and sunnier here for the long term then I will enjoy it... so what?  Does that change anything?   If it changes back to colder and wetter then we can easily move.    

I would have enjoyed the first half of the 20th century here... and would not have enjoyed the second half nearly as much.  Looks like I got lucky on timing... at least so far.      

I've lurked or posted on this forum and the Western Weather forums for roughly 14 years. I had a run in with Jesse back in the fall of 2009. I said we probably wouldn't get much snow that winter due to el niño, and we didn't. I probably could have stated it better. I was a little bit too abrupt and direct. After that I mostly lurked. 

• scream 1

• iFred unpinned this topic