The Weather Forums

September Wx Obs for the PacNW (2021 Edition)

Snowy ensemble member for Omak. Not Stampede Pass, but Omak! Wenatchee, Ellensburg, and some NE WA stations have a snowy member as well. 

1631102400-sAQd4x7tYNY.pngTemps have come down 4-6 degrees across the board compared to 12z yesterday. A lot of drops from 12z yesterday to 00z last night, and whatever days didnt come down for the 00z came down in todays 12z. 

1631102400-f1ri8xE4aqk.png1631016000-YJQzZ8WZqPk.pngimage.png.70d3c14f5a94fb25619690415bb3a55f.png

• Like 2
  • Excited 1

78 here…wouldn’t have even known a front passed through here this morning lol. Sucks when you get no rain but there’s some pretty encouraging signs on the models so I’ll live. 

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Cold season rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

3 hours ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

This is going to end fire season for much of Eastern Oregon. 

gfs_apcpn24_nwus_8.png

Will be over in that area soon for a week of camping so I’m really glad to see this. 

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

41 minutes ago, Cloud said:

77 here! Hmmm… maybe another 80 on tap instead. 

79 here…hope is fading for the sub 80 streak lol. 

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

2 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

Jesse didn’t really get banned did he?

I’m pretty sure he did. 

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

9 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

There it is 80 #34 this year. DP is 

SEA may have actually dodge the 80 with a 79 prior to 3pm and now down to 77. Still a bit of daytime warming left though.

It'd actually be absurd if SEA actually ends up with a 79 again.

edit: actually 79 at 3pm. This is the 80 push for today.

And there she is!! 90F!!

51BFD3EA-F564-4423-9C20-4D143A369A71.webp

• Thanks 1
  • Sun 1
  • Snow 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 60F (Oct 13)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

13 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Pretty sure he did. Didn’t know think it was that big of a deal with the drama. 

I feel like it was a “straw that broke the camel’s back” situation.

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 60F (Oct 13)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

12 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

It may also be the broken camel's back that leads to Jesse permanently gone from this forums even if he's unbanned. He's been hinting at it for quite a while... .but then again, pretty sure ya'll have gone through this multiple times over the years. He'll be back. 😂

17 minutes ago, TigerWoodsLibido said:

The guy has a deep, emotional attachment to nature, and is obviously upset at what he perceives to be the destruction of the local ecosystem under anomalous drought. I would be as well.

Problem is people here ended up becoming collateral damage. I think this forum had become a place for him to vent, and those more inclined to enjoy the dry conditions served as the outlet to that anger.

I’ve been guilty of that myself from time to time during the warm season, so I’m the last one to talk. 😬 But maybe a break will do him (and others) some good. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

It may also be the broken camel's back that leads to Jesse permanently gone from this forums even if he's unbanned. He's been hinting at it for quite a while... .but then again, pretty sure ya'll have gone through this multiple times over the years. He'll be back. 😂

Yeah he will be back I’m not worried about it. 

• Like 1

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

The guy has a deep, emotional attachment to nature, and is obviously upset at what he perceives to be the destruction of the local ecosystem under anomalous drought. I would be as well.

Problem is people here ended up becoming collateral damage. I think this forum had become a place for him to vent, and those more inclined to enjoy the dry conditions served as the outlet to that anger.

I’ve been guilty of that myself from time to time during the warm season, so I’m the last one to talk. 😬 But maybe a break will do him (and others) some good. 

Like I said yesterday, if this is the case then it becomes a "you" problem more than it is about others. He's welcome to vent, but at least be more respectful to one another.. I'm not taking sides here as well but the backhanded passive aggressive towards others are kinda too much, when it happens persistently. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Phil said:

He took way too much stuff way too personal. Not a healthy way to live on the internet.

I think it was more that than forum "collateral damage" due to his love of nature.

• Like 3

A forum for the end of the world.

8 minutes ago, Front Ranger said:

He took way too much stuff way too personal. Not a healthy way to live on the internet.

I think it was more that than forum "collateral damage" due to his love of nature.

Misdirected anger is what I was getting at.

Irrational to be mad at the climate, but easy to go off on people who place personal gratification above ecological decimation (framing this from his perspective).

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

He's been "perma"banned at least once before. Can't remember but it might have been 2016-17.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

Misdirected anger is what I was getting at.

Irrational to be mad at the climate, but easy to go off on people who place personal gratification above ecological decimation (framing this from his perspective).

Still does not make a lot of sense from his perspective because people should be able to enjoy or not enjoy whatever the weather is given to them. I don’t think he should be aggressive/slamming/attacking towards people that enjoys “x weather” or have different POV. It should be welcomed. 

For example, let hypothetically say we suffer a massive amount of flooding this fall/winter and people’s crops/properties are destroyed…. Will he be happy about that because wetter climate is his preference? 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Deweydog said:

And in honor of Jesse, PDX overperformed like a mofo today.

90-less September on the line.

Funny to think that in spite of how ball-blisteringly ugly it was, the span of 90+ days this year at PDX may only stretch from June 1 to August 15. 

15 minutes ago, BLI snowman said:

Chance they could do it tomorrow as well. Should be close.

Very likely... since the ECMWF actually shows 81.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

5 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Very likely... since the ECMWF actually shows 81.  

It was about time we hit 80 too here after a few close calls over the last 3 1/2 weeks. We will see if we get there tomorrow. 

Monthly rainfall-1.16”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

• iFred unpinned this topic