The Weather Forums

September Wx Obs for the PacNW (2021 Edition)

3 hours ago, mtep said:

Tomorrow will be a nice litmus test for the sunroof on the 06 forester I just bought 😯

I'm with you.  I noticed a faint water stain on my headliner a couple of weeks ago and don't know if it is recent, or from before the last time I cleaned/checked my drains.  That was on the chore list for this week but I didn't get to it.  I think I should be ok as long as I don't park on any steep inclines.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I'm with you.  I noticed a faint water stain on my headliner a couple of weeks ago and don't know if it is recent, or from before the last time I cleaned/checked my drains.  That was on the chore list for this week but I didn't get to it.  I think I should be ok as long as I don't park on any steep inclines.

What do you drive? Are you one of many Mazda folks on here? 

Man, the models are really backing off the rain in general. I will lose my bet easily, but I’m thinking .75’’ - 1.25’’ total for PDX and Salem through the weekend now. Seattle 1’’ - 1.5’’. Tacoma and Olympia 1.25’’ -1.75’’.  Eugene 1’’ - 1.5’’. 

Still great, but disappointing too if it verifies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubus Leucodermis said:

It’s definitely autumn already in Whatcom County.

Asters are blooming in the meadows:

P1100324_scaled.jpg.5e9b20602b993995f720c5e1bfdb3b50.jpg

And I found these in the woods this afternoon:

P1100326_scaled.jpg.7f9ae40c5464c088ef19b31597e7fccc.jpg

It’s the worst start to the mushroom season down here I have ever seen. Did manage a few chants yesterday though

28 minutes ago, MossMan said:

What do you drive? Are you one of many Mazda folks on here? 

I'm a VW guy.  I have a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI with a....

1059402179_71Omfpc7aL._AC_SS450_.jpg.782fb3abcf22ab2b3b53e2bcd532e2bc.jpg

I love the look of Mazdas, and have almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of times, then inevitably I talk to someone who had an absolutely horrible experience with them and it scared me off.  I know the same can happen to VW's (or about any car brand for that matter), but my first 3 cars were VW's, and I had a '69 bug there in the middle (I still mourn over my decision to sell that one).

062859F6-4EED-4ED0-B896-6231C413F123.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I'm a VW guy.  I have a 2013 VW Jetta Sportwagen TDI with a....

1059402179_71Omfpc7aL._AC_SS450_.jpg.782fb3abcf22ab2b3b53e2bcd532e2bc.jpg

I love the look of Mazdas, and have almost pulled the trigger on one a couple of times, then inevitably I talk to someone who had an absolutely horrible experience with them and it scared me off.  I know the same can happen to VW's (or about any car brand for that matter), but my first 3 cars were VW's, and I had a '69 bug there in the middle (I still mourn over my decision to sell that one).

062859F6-4EED-4ED0-B896-6231C413F123.jpeg

I had a 2000 Jetta back in the day that I used when gas prices went insane in the later 2000’s and mostly parked my Tahoe except when absolutely needed. It was a great car but it had a mystery leak that I could never figure out. It became a greenhouse inside of it during the winter but even the dealer could not find the source. 

• Like 1

The calm before the storm. Made it to 68 today. Right now sitting at 54. Look forward to hearing the rain on the roof tomorrow night!

• Like 1
  • Popcorn 1

Mercer Island, 350 ft

2020-2021: 15.6"

2019-2020: ~10"

2018-2019 winter snowfall total: 29.5"

2017-2018: 9.0", 2016-2017: 14.0"

26 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Where is Tim? He has been oddly quiet

I am here!   It was a beautiful day.  

• Like 2

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Forks may break a rainfall record, but like someone said earlier totals on the models, have backed off.

Yeah. Been kinda tracking this more today. Don’t think a 24 hour total record is possible at SEA anymore too. Mentioned the other day that 1.71” is the Sept. 24 hour record. 

EC looking nice!!

00CB498A-47E9-4499-9A49-0A7B10D54844.png

• Like 2
  • Rain 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

• Coldest high: 60F (Oct 13)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

• Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

32 minutes ago, Cloud said:

More like half?! It was a beautiful morning! There was no clouds in sight.  then it all changed by mid afternoon. Still a wonderful day though! 😃

We were sitting on the deck between 4-5 and it was still fairly sunny and pleasantly warm.    More like 80% of the day here. 👍

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

14 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

We were sitting on the deck between 4-5 and it was still fairly sunny and pleasantly warm.    More like 80% of the day here. 👍

Yay! Glad you weren't kicked out of Gerudo City. No 'Voi' allowed. That means men.  Thought you were one of those that kept trying to sneak in. Voi is men and Vai is a women. 

• Excited 2
  • Confused 4

20 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Oh! It was completely different here. In the morning when I left for work it was nothing but sunshine. Left early today to get some stuff done and clouds started rolling in around 2pm. By 5pm it was mostly cloudy. 

I find it interesting that it’s mostly clear right now ahead of the storm. 

11 minutes ago, Link said:

Yay! Glad you weren't kicked out of Gerudo City. No 'Voi' allowed. That means men.  Thought you were one of those that kept trying to sneak in. Voi is men and Vai is a women. 

Bet many on here don’t understand this reference except maybe a few. Myself included… understood this perfectly.  😂 

12 minutes ago, Link said:

Ha, I got this one 

• Like 1

"Let's mosey!"

--Cloud Strife

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top 5 Snow Events (post 2014):

(1. January 10th, 2017: 18.5 in.

(2. February 6th, 2014: 7.5 inches

(3. February 20th, 2018: 5.0 inches

(4. February 21st, 2018: 4.0 inches

(5. December 14th, 2016: 3.5 inches

Honourable Mentions: December 7th, 2018, February 9th, 2019.

Total since joining the Weather Forums: 3"

• iFred unpinned this topic