Jump to content
The Weather Forums

PNW October 2021, Pumpkin Spice Edition


Recommended Posts

Accuweather says early start to winter. Should I start filling plastic bags with gasoline? 

(You may be asked to turn off AdBlocker) ;)

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/weather-news/article254686722.html?fbclid=IwAR3H97ac9RE8ibhMlF0U6gzJMbns3cBwHmdhTEMu-ySPLFMo9nFPdp4YzvE

  • Excited 1
  • Troll 1

[Signature in link]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fairness... this was 10 years ago and Phil was really young.    Its a different Phil today.   

  • Like 2
  • Sun 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TT-SEA said:

In fairness... this was 10 years ago and Phil was really young.    Its a different Phil today.   

Was it that long ago? My time flies. 

  • Like 2

Snowfall                                  Precip

2020-21: 12.0"                        2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

 

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

In fairness... this was 10 years ago and Phil was really young.    Its a different Phil today.   

Lol wow sometimes I forget how long some of y’all have been here I’ve been here 3 years now. Seen some interesting things here in that time 😂

  • Like 4

Monthly rainfall-2.71”

Cold season rainfall-2.71”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SilverFallsAndrew said:

Was it that long ago? My time flies. 

It goes so fast... and seems to go faster as you get older.  

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

It goes so fast... and seems to go faster as you get older.  

It goes really slow then you hit 18. I blinked and 4 years went by. 

  • Like 3

Monthly rainfall-2.71”

Cold season rainfall-2.71”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Lol wow sometimes I forget how long some of y’all have been here I’ve been here 3 years now. Seen some interesting things here in that time 😂

In the early 2000’s I would get SOOO MAD at Tim’s posts on the Yahoo weather group long before this forum! It’s been a long history with some of us weather whack jobs!  

  • lol 2
  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MossMan said:

In the early 2000’s I would get SOOO MAD at Tim’s posts on the Yahoo weather group long before this forum! It’s been a long history with some of us weather whack jobs!  

I don't even remember a Yahoo weather group!   

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

I don't even remember a Yahoo weather group!   

I believe we had a short stint there before moving onto the OFA forums…Or maybe it was the other way around, I can’t remember now. One of them got shut down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

Good lord. I knew about stampede pass long ago but never knew this story 😂

I remember that. He wasn't Phil back then. He was weather or wsj4000 or something like that. I wish the Western Weather Forums archives were still available. I knew it was bs, because nobody lives up at Stampede pass. Phil is alright though. He's become a valuable contributor on this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Timmy_Supercell said:

Accuweather says early start to winter. Should I start filling plastic bags with gasoline? 

(You may be asked to turn off AdBlocker) ;)

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/weather-news/article254686722.html?fbclid=IwAR3H97ac9RE8ibhMlF0U6gzJMbns3cBwHmdhTEMu-ySPLFMo9nFPdp4YzvE

The sky is falling! We'll all die! Run for your lives!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, snow drift said:

I remember that. He wasn't Phil back then. He was weather or wsj4000 or something like that. I wish the Western Weather Forums archives were still available. I knew it was bs, because nobody lives up at Stampede pass.

I wish we still had those archives, I can still remember Jim going completely full blown angry Jim in November of 2006 as my area had snow falling for nearly two days straight and were pretty much cut off from the world due to massive tree destruction from the heavy wet snow before the arctic front finally pushed though! Pure insanity while Jim was still looking out the window looking for the first flake. 

  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, snow drift said:

I remember that. He wasn't Phil back then. He was weather or wsj4000 or something like that. I wish the Western Weather Forums archives were still available. I knew it was bs, because nobody lives up at Stampede pass. Phil is alright though. He's become a valuable contributor on this board.

No.

  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MossMan said:

I wish we still had those archives, I can still remember Jim going completely full blown angry Jim in November of 2006 as my area had snow falling for nearly two days straight and were pretty much cut off from the world due to massive tree destruction from the heavy wet snow before the arctic front finally pushed though! Pure insanity while Jim was still looking out the window looking for the first flake. 

Angry Tim that month too!    At least early on... roads washed out and I feared a massive landslide was imminent.   The end of the month was much more fun.  

  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Angry Tim that month too!    At least early on... roads washed out and I feared a massive landslide was imminent.   The end of the month was much more fun.  

I'd love a November 2006 redux... though minus the landslides ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I'd love a November 2006 redux... though minus the landslides ;) 

Yeah... I could have done without that one day with 8 inches of rain and dewpoints in the mid 60s.   😀

  • Like 1
  • Excited 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

I'd love a November 2006 redux... though minus the landslides ;) 

November 2006 was insane. 15.71” of rain most of it in the first half of the month…then a pretty solid Arctic blast late in the month with a bit of snow. 06-07 overall was pretty crazy also had the big Hanukkah eve storm and some more snow and cold in January 2007.

  • Like 2

Monthly rainfall-2.71”

Cold season rainfall-2.71”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like we have a strong -QBO at 30mb right now and a weak +QBO at 50mb. If I understand correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong, the 50mb level has more of an impact on the PNW weather. If so, could someone explain why this is the case? Also, if the 30mb level is trending strongly negative, does that suggest the same pattern will occur at the 50mb level?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, TacomaWaWx said:

November 2006 was insane. 15.71” of rain most of it in the first half of the month…then a pretty solid Arctic blast late in the month with a bit of snow. 06-07 overall was pretty crazy also had the big Hanukkah eve storm and some more snow and cold in January 2007.

You think Seahawk fans remember that?  😉

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Kolk1604 said:

You think Seahawk fans remember that?  😉

I think there was another snow game during December 2008 too. There’s been a couple others I’m sure but November 2006 and December 2008 are the only ones I really remember. 

Monthly rainfall-2.71”

Cold season rainfall-2.71”

Sub 40 highs-0

Sub 32 highs-0

Sub 32 lows-0

Snowfall-0.0”

Coldest High-51

Coldest Low-35

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Timmy_Supercell said:

I bet moving to Kentucky will tighten a few screws for Winter in the northwest! I still want to be a member here but perhaps limit my postings so I don't make it too irrelevant. 

You’re moving to KY? You’ll need some elevation. 😬 

  • Popcorn 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

You’re moving to KY? You’ll need some elevation. 😬 

A handful of the homes that interest us have steps going up the property, any significant water will run off that! 

And I think a seller would have to mention if there's been history of flooding.

  • Like 4

[Signature in link]
https://imgur.com/SuGTijl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

Its not creepy.   We all knew he was lying but he angrily denied it until there was proof.  Then he stopped lying.  No more 200 mph winds and 95 degree dewpoints!   He posted the pics of his house and Google provides the street views.   Why would I care about finding other houses?   We all state where we live and most people post pics from their neighborhood during weather events.  Its not a mystery.    But Phil...  🤪

That was cringe worthy.

  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 1
  • Snow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TT-SEA said:

It goes so fast... and seems to go faster as you get older.  

Either that or time is actually accelerating and it’s all relative for everyone?!

  • scream 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, snow drift said:

I remember that. He wasn't Phil back then. He was weather or wsj4000 or something like that. I wish the Western Weather Forums archives were still available. I knew it was bs, because nobody lives up at Stampede pass. Phil is alright though. He's become a valuable contributor on this board.

wjp201111

That was 12 years ago. D**n. 12 years from now I’ll be 41. 

  • Popcorn 2
  • Snow 1
  • scream 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GHweatherChris said:

Actually,  I am more entertained by how much you stressed Tim out today, he couldn't stop talking about it.

I'm getting an instant flashback to my buddy's wedding! 🤩

  • Excited 1
  • lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In E. WA, we're supposed to get a pretty dramatic drop from tomorrow to Wed. Both in our daily high and daily low.

Also do any of you use snow stakes for your snowboards? This is the year I want to start measuring snow.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Phil said:

wjp201111

That was 12 years ago. D**n. 12 years from now I’ll be 41. 

Yes, I remember now.😁 Hard to believe it's been that long ago. I remember getting into an argument with Jesse prior to the winter of 2009-10. I told him we probably wouldn't get much snow because of the strong west based el niño. He didn't like that very much.😆😂 I know you did really well that year.⛄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking good for Bachelor!

Plenty of pepto!

F8E1500A-7574-421F-AA35-08F7EB84CFB8.png

  • Like 2
  • lol 1
  • Snow 1
  • Sick 1

Springfield, Oregon cold season 21-22 Stats:

  • Coldest high: 58F (Oct 18)
  • Coldest low: 32F (Oct 12)
  • Days with below freezing temps:1 (Most recent: Oct 12, 2021)
  • Days with sub-40F highs: 0 (Most recent: Dec 24, 2020)
  • Total snowfall: 0.0"
  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31F) *Longest streak without a sub-freezing high on record*
  • Last White Christmas: 1990
  • Significant wind events (gusts 45+): 0

Personal Stats:

  • Last accumulating snowfall: February 27, 2019
  • Last sub-freezing high: Jan 14, 2017 (31)
  • Last White Christmas: 2008
  • Total snowfall since joining TheWeatherForums: 20.7"

 

Venmo

GoFundMe "College Basketball vs Epilepsy": gf.me/u/zk3pj2

My Twitter @358jerseys4hope

24

Link to comment
Share on other sites

00z GFS - 10 Day GIF: 500mb Height Anomaly. 10 Day Rainfall, Snowfall totals

Another stellar run of the GFS. Wet, chilly, mountain snows. Upper level pattern features one trough after another diving down from the NW/NNW. La-la land goes nuts! La Nina! C'MON!!!!

floop-gfs-2021100500.500h_anom_na.gif

qpf_acc.us_nw.png

sn10_acc.us_nw.png

  • Like 3
  • Snow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Timmy_Supercell said:

I bet moving to Kentucky will tighten a few screws for Winter in the northwest! I still want to be a member here but perhaps limit my postings so I don't make it too irrelevant. 

You can still post. Kayla still does, and she's in Bozeman. I'm sure you'll probably do well when we don't and vice versa

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...