No. Europe Seeing Record Cool Summer.

Question- This article refers to a hot June "worldwide". Is that indeed true ? I know the Southern Hemisphere is seeing a exceptionally cold winter. A great deal of livestock is dying from the cold in South America and New Zealand. So, idk if that statement is precise.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/summer_2015_poised_to_be_chilliest_in_50_years/8188502

Excerpt-

The mercury has exceeded 20 degrees so rarely this year that the summer of 2015 is shaping up as the chilliest in more than half a century of statistics tracked by the Finnish Meteorological Institute (FMI).

This summer, the temperature has only surpassed 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit) at FMI monitoring points on 37 days. In Finnish Lapland, there have only 19 such days. As a result, this summer is set to go down in the history books as one of the coldest on record – bucking the worldwide trend whereby this year brought the hottest June ever, according to official US and Japanese climate reporting agencies.

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

2018 Rainfall - 62.65" High Temp. - 110.03* Low Temp. - 8.4*

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iceland

The past weekend was exceptionally cold throughout all of Iceland. Sharp winds ravaged the Western coast, while snowfall and hail hit the East and South.

On Sunday, the ground was white with snow all around the highlands in Central Iceland.

“Everything was white. When we got up at 9AM the snowfall was mostly over, but by the time we left, around noon, it had started up again,” Þorgerður Eva Þórhallsdóttir, a member of the Search and Rescue team in Skagafjörður, North Iceland, told Morgunblaðið.

“I think this is rather abnormal weather for the middle of the summer. It wasn’t like this last year.”

http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/07/21/summer-snow-highlands

Scotland

However, it is unusual for fresh snow to fall at this time of year. Scotland’s main ski resort at Cairngorm Mountain has been able to remain open into June just once in more than 20 years, after unexpected heavy snowfalls in 2010.

Temperatures have also been autumnal, with some claiming June could be the coldest summer month in 40 years.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/environment/scotland-s-weather-snow-forecast-as-gritters-seen-1-3843824

Finland

This summer, the temperature has only surpassed 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit) at FMI monitoring points on 37 days. In Finnish Lapland, there have only 19 such days. As a result, this summer is set to go down in the history books as one of the coldest on record – bucking the worldwide trend whereby this year brought the hottest June ever, according to official US and Japanese climate reporting agencies.

In northern Finland, only 1962 so far as stands as a colder summer – although the summer figures are based on June through August. In Rovaniemi, capital of Finnish Lapland, there have only been two days over 20 degrees so far. However there have been slightly warmer readings along the Russian border, as well as in the Tornio River Valley on the Swedish border, FMI meteorologist Asko Hutila told Yie.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/summer_2015_poised_to_be_chilliest_in_50_years/8188502

Before You Diagnose Yourself With Depression or Low Self-Esteem,...First Make Sure You Are Not In Fact, Just Surrounded By A$$holes.

“If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent out Texas and live in Hell.”  Gen. Sheridan 1866

It's been pretty hot across much of central Europe. British Isles had a nice heatwave earlier in July. Balkans have consistently been well above normal but as of late the heat has focused more on the Middle East. It has been cool across Scandinavia though.

The Pacific Northwest: Where storms go to die.

Yeah Chris, I saw where Iran had temps of 126*F over this past week. That's hot !

The northern parts of Europe remain chilly. Crazy.

Normally found 2,000 miles away, it’s the first time this Arctic species (Beluga Whale) has been recorded in Northern Irish waters.

“A beluga whale is extremely unusual,” said Dr Peter Evans, director of the Seawatch Foundation.

A fall in sea temperatures could be why the whale, which was sighted off the County Antrim coast near Dunseverick, strayed so far from its usual habitat, said Evans.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-33746156

And just for fun, Hobart, Tasmania had snow on their beaches as Melbourne, Australia had the coldest July ( their winter) in 20 yrs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-01/melbourne-shivers-through-coldest-july-in-20-years/6665178

Hobart

Surfs up dude !

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

August 16th on record. And this is the height of their summer.

Coldest 17th of August on record in Holland. Just 15.2°C (59.4°F).

And on Sunday the temperature dropped to just 16.6°C (61.9°F), making it Holland’s second coldest August 16th on record.