PNW November 2021 Wx Obs/Discussion

Meatyorologist

14 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

Yikes 

I can never get any of these videos to play...  @iFred any suggestions on how to fix it?  I have been able to get some of mtep's videos to play but that seems to be the exception.

• Like 2

Looks like a decent soaker for the south sound coming this weekend AND TIMS HOUSE! We’re at 6.50” for the month as of today so right about average. Only about 1.5” shown here after today though through the end of the run overall things are trending drier than the first half of November. 

FD4ADC39-52CE-446A-80B8-5DF8606A9FC4.jpeg

• Rain 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

Just now, Chewbacca Defense said:

This just posted on the Skagit Breaking FB page. 

257651779_3094714157408292_8210218902969261812_n.jpg

257649755_3094714170741624_5191138064714792230_n.jpg

Not too surprising since they got blasted with 75mph winds up there a bit ago. 

• Like 2
  • Windy 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

8 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I can never get any of these videos to play...  @iFred any suggestions on how to fix it?  I have been able to get some of mtep's videos to play but that seems to be the exception.

Same for me.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

This just posted on the Skagit Breaking FB page taken at Deception Pass a little bit ago

257651779_3094714157408292_8210218902969261812_n.jpg

257649755_3094714170741624_5191138064714792230_n.jpg

Wow... I bet that driver is thankful the guard rail was not a couple inches lower!  

• Like 4

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Just now, Cloud said:

Warm front passes and cool air is starting to filter in. SEA is down to 51. 

Technically... the warm front passed on Saturday evening and its been warm since.    The cold front has now passed.  👍

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Same for me.

17 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

I noticed this recent as well. It seems to play just fine on mobile but not on desktop client. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cloud said:

There were also 90k residents without power for the state. All of North Bend went dark but as of 1pm look like it was restored. Did you lose power @TT-SEA?

Yeah... I posted about that earlier.   It went out at 10:46 and was restored around 12:30.   

It went out when it was still dead calm and dry and came back on at the height of the storm when the wind was pounding rain against the windows.  😀

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Finally seeing some blue sky in the distance.

2021-11-15 (1) cropped.png

I have that cam pulled up on a separate tab and keep checking for the sun to be shining there.  

• Like 2

18Z GFS is disappointing... was hoping to see it swing around to the other models.   Maybe on the 00Z run.    The GFS gets really confused after about 5-7 days.   😀

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Oddly…. Most videos work fine for me but mteps were not working earlier, just a black screen. But I just tried again and now they work. Could be a browser compatibility thing I guess. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyler Mode said:

A peak rainfall rate of 6.62"/hour at 1:30 PM, the highest I've ever measured.  Also a strong (for my area) westerly gust of 32 mph.

Great image of the rain/cloud shadow and convergence zone.

11.15.21 Visible With Notes.jpg

Space Needle picks it up very well. You tend to see these very vividly when it’s clear around Seattle and not so much at the PSCZ. 

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

31 minutes ago, Chewbacca Defense said:

Same here as well. I don't know why.

00z GFS in 4 hours 50 minutes

00z ECMWF in 7 hours

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DJ Droppin said:

Same here as well. I don't know why.

00z GFS in 4 hours 50 minutes

00z ECMWF in 7 hours

Worst part is when you see people commenting on how amazing the video is and you have no way of seeing it.  😀

• Like 3
  • lol 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Deweydog said:

Just took this video. In all my years of being a weather enthusiast this changed EVERYTHING. Checkout 38 seconds. The power of nature is relentless and humbling.

What a fantastic video! I’m in awe. 

• lol 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Western WA and SW BC right back in the line of fire late next week on the 18Z GFS...

gfs-deterministic-namer-precip_48hr_inch-7971200.png

Looks the same as the run at this time yesterday. Atleast it’ll be somewhat drier coming up. 

• Rain 1

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0