PNW November 2021 Wx Obs/Discussion

Meatyorologist

9 minutes ago, TT-SEA said:

Tuesday and Wednesday are quite sunny per the 12Z ECMWF... get those sunglasses ready.    Its going to seem very strange.   😀

It was sunny here yesterday except for that brief foggy period... Somehow we average about the same amount of precip as you with way more sunny daze. 

• Like 1

Snowfall                                  Precip

2022-23: 95.0"                      2022-23: 17.39"

2021-22: 52.6"                    2021-22: 91.46" 

2020-21: 12.0"                    2020-21: 71.59"

2019-20: 23.5"                   2019-20: 58.54"

2018-19: 63.5"                   2018-19: 66.33"

2017-18: 30.3"                   2017-18: 59.83"

2016-17: 49.2"                   2016-17: 97.58"

2015-16: 11.75"                 2015-16: 68.67"

2014-15: 3.5"
2013-14: 11.75"                  2013-14: 62.30
2012-13: 16.75"                 2012-13: 78.45  

2011-12: 98.5"                   2011-12: 92.67"

It's always sunny at Winters Hill! 
Fighting the good fight against weather evil.

2 minutes ago, iFred said:

Or none at all. Total non event from Prince Rupert south. I wish those so-called meteorologists at Sand Point had the knowledge and confidence you do or they wouldn’t be wasting our time with fake news flood warning and fake news plumes.

The models have shifted significantly north.     Its pretty clear that the major flood threat is from Mt Vernon northward now.  I said we dodged another bullet down here... certainly a different story in SW BC and NW WA.  

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

4 minutes ago, The Swamp said:

62 degrees here now.

This could be a bad sign for winter with the moisture plume going well to the north.

Jim any analogs for that?

Usually the flooding has to be in my back yard for an arctic outbreak to follow.

Looks like the heavy rain and flooding will be in BC.  

Looks like you even have some sun now down there.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

56 and up to .57" so far.  Very interesting rain, you can't really see any drops, but I can see water pouring off the roof of my shed. 

The .57" today .95" yesterday plus .38" Thursday puts me at 1.52" since the "northern wave" of this AR hit, and 5.51" for the month.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JBolin said:

Is there any snow inside of 240hrs yet?

No, ok I'll be back next month, peace out ******* 

There is for Randy!    Its less than 48 hours out now.  

• Like 1
  • Excited 1
  • Snow 1

5 hours ago, Everleigh said:

Good morning everyone! Lurker, checking in from Yelm. I have 5.58inches on my rain gauge, for the month, but it's probably actually a bit higher. My gauge was stuck and not registering rain at the beginning of the month. 🙄  It's been a bit breezy here, 10-15mph, with gusts under 20mph.  I really enjoy reading everyone's posts and seeing all the thoughts/opinions, even if I do not always understand all the terminology! Fall/Winter weather sure can be exciting! 

Welcome!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, snow_wizard said:

It just amazes how nervous people get about warmth in November though.

Especially during a soon to be strong La Nina. If we were in an El Nino I would agree, or really it wouldn't matter as I expect all El Ninos to be warm a bit drier than average with endless split flow hell around ~140 W. NOPE!

18z GFS in 46 minutes

2 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

Especially during a soon to be strong La Nina. If we were in an El Nino I would agree, or really it wouldn't matter as I expect all El Ninos to be warm a bit drier than average with endless split flow hell around ~140 W. NOPE!

18z GFS in 46 minutes

If it was cold and snowy, people would be saying that it dooms us for the rest of the winter.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, North_County said:

We're in it now. Rain is really coming down. Just in time for me to head out to start filling sandbags.

Really coming down here as well.  You having to do sandbags for yourself or are you going to one of the community sandbag stations?

• Rain 1