The Weather Forums

PNW December 2021 Observations

6 minutes ago, bainbridgekid said:

00z NAM weaker and more suppressed. Much less precip for Western WA but it’s also colder.

46FC8466-C2A8-4EB4-970C-967174FA8895.png

Total non-event. .10” or less of total QPF to work with for all of Oregon and Washington. What a joke. This thing just fell apart. In my experience, the NAM is too low with QPF though. Regardless, if anything close to this verifies, we can enjoy a little cool drizzle and move on to the next bust.  

7 minutes ago, SouthHillFrosty said:

Win or lose…Kraken booze 🍺

565EBB7B-E8C7-495A-839D-C29FAA8C0F13.jpeg

Hmm, good test against Edmonton. They've been playing better lately. Hoping I can get to a game soon.

• Like 1

Home Weather Station Stats (starting Dec. 25 2021)

High - 55.2

Lowest High - 23.6

Low - 15.6

Sub 40 highs - 11

Sub-freezing highs - 5

Lows below 25 - 5

Lows below 20 - 1

2021-2022 Snowfall - 10.5''

12 minutes ago, Joshua Lake Oswego said:

Total non-event. .10” or less of total QPF to work with for all of Oregon and Washington. What a joke. This thing just fell apart. In my experience, the NAM is too low with QPF though. Regardless, if anything close to this verifies, we can enjoy a little cool drizzle and move on to the next bust.  

You sound pretty upset for someone who swore we wouldn't see anything from the start 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LowerGarfield said:

Did you intentionally move somewhere snowy or was it for other reasons with the bonus of snow?

The mountains and snowier conditions were the big draw. We also wanted to get out of the “big city” and to smaller town with more open space while also being cheaper than Portland. Of course the latter is no longer true so we’re grateful that we bought property and built when we did!

• Like 7

Cold Season 2021/22:

Total snowfall: 60.0"

Highest daily snowfall: 16.0"

Highest snow depth: 15.0"

Coldest high: 3.0º

Coldest low: -12.6º

Number of subzero days: 0

Personal Weather Station on Wunderground: 

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

43 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

43/36 and currently 39*

I was down at Point Ruston again in Tacoma enjoying the Orcas while a brisk North wind chilled my bones!    Bring on Old Man Winter …I’m ready 

You seem to have retirement figured out. Still a couple years away for me but I am taking notes. 

6 minutes ago, T-Town said:

You seem to have retirement figured out. Still a couple years away for me but I am taking notes. 

So nice to just uproot from the house at any time and go stage left or right! 
I love Costco where I worked but being in box for 11 hours sucked with weather happening! Just sucked :(

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Kayla said:

The mountains and snowier conditions were the big draw. We also wanted to get out of the “big city” and to smaller town with more open space while also being cheaper than Portland. Of course the latter is no longer true so we’re grateful that we bought property and built when we did!

I'd move to MT in a second but the tax structure is kinda regressive income wise compared to WA.

• Like 2
  • scream 1

2 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

I'd move to MT in a second but the tax structure is kinda regressive income wise compared to WA.

Yeah income taxes are about the same as OR here. Property taxes are SO much better compared to Multnomah County though!

• Like 3

Cold Season 2021/22:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KMTBOZEM152#history

1 minute ago, Phishy Wx said:

Sales Tax is high though, right?

No sales tax.

• Like 2

Cold Season 2021/22:

6 minutes ago, Phishy Wx said:

dang, not bad, so pretty similar to OR?

Yeah but property tax is about half of what we paid in OR.

• Like 3

Cold Season 2021/22:

27 minutes ago, Jginmartini said:

So nice to just uproot from the house at any time and go stage left or right! 
I love Costco where I worked but being in box for 11 hours sucked with weather happening! Just sucked :(

Could you request to work the gas station? I had a nice conversation with a man at Clarkston's store and he said he worked the day it hit 116 on June 28th or 29th and he also worked when they had three inches of snowfall. Said he loved it.

• Like 1

547975138_prateptype_cat.us_nw(1).thumb.png.977903569caea4f120a15277c99ed967.png

00z GFS is similar to 00z NAM with a broad baroclinic band and light-moderate snow in western WA.

• Like 1

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 36.5"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 2”; December 30th, 2021

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 14F; November 24th, 2010

1 minute ago, The Blob said:

38 at work, and that's the predicted low on the phone app. Probably will get much colder.

18Z ECMWF showed it getting down to about 35 there overnight... lots of clouds moving in.

• Like 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

Coldest temp shown in the Seattle area on Sunday night into Monday on the 00Z GFS is 35.   Most of the snow event is in the 36-38 degree range.

• Rain 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

2 minutes ago, DJ Droppin said:

:o 00z ECMWF in 1 hour 44 minutes

image.png

Number 10?    Oregon should not even be ranked now.

And I thought they were the great hope for the Pac-12 this year.  😀

• iFred changed the title to PNW December 2021 Observations
  • iFred featured this topic
  • iFred locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic