New Year's Day Storm

bud2380

About 100 miles further south with the heaviest snow band. Can’t get any consistency right now. It also delays the storm by several hours compared to the 12z run. Still drops 7” IMBY but this would be way too close for comfort for me. This one seems destined to bullseye either southern iowa or northern Missouri 

• Like 1

A couple days ago it looked like heavy snow would move in here before sunrise.  Now the GFS doesn't even have a flurry until mid afternoon.

season snowfall: 34.8"

'22-23: 30.2"      '21-22: 27.1"      '20-21: 52.5"      '19-20: 36.2"      '18-19: 50.2"      '17-18: 39.5"

Average snowfall: ~30"

Returned home from Florida last night. It was 9° with 2" of snow OTG. I guess winter arrived finally. We left Nashville in the morning and it was 71° so thats a 62° drop we went through in about 12 hours. Impressive. Veered off route a bit to check out Mayfield KY and almost felt bad for being there. That tornado damage is horrific. Military was still in town. Some streets were closed. We got out after 30min or so. Definitely felt some sadness driving down the road after seeing that devastation. 

Anyway....back to NYD. Not feeling too good up here. Definitely will be cold. We got Arctic air finally! 🤣

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, james1976 said:

Returned home from Florida last night. It was 9° with 2" of snow OTG. I guess winter arrived finally. We left Nashville in the morning and it was 71° so thats a 62° drop we went through in about 12 hours. Impressive. Veered off route a bit to check out Mayfield KY and almost felt bad for being there. That tornado damage is horrific. Military was still in town. Some streets were closed. We got out after 30min or so. Definitely felt some sadness driving down the road after seeing that devastation. 

Anyway....back to NYD. Not feeling too good up here. Definitely will be cold. We got Arctic air finally! 🤣

Haha I left KMEM at 70 degrees and you could hear a few groans when the pilot said "it's currently about 3 degrees in Minneapolis". Returned to low 20s in Omaha/Lincoln. Feels refreshing after 70s and humid in for most of my time in Memphis. 

• Like 1

Snowfall in Lincoln, NE:

2017-18: 21.4"   2018-19: 55.5"   2019-20: 17.6"   2020-21: 49.4"   2021-22: 5.1" 🤮

Average: 26"

29 minutes ago, james1976 said:

I'm still hoping for a miracle for us, but, this isn't 34th Street lol

• lol 2