PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

2 minutes ago, gusky said:

I believe Cle Elum got it pretty bad - don't remember totals. I'll look for that here

Did a quick twitter search - I'm hearing 4-6'. (4.5' in 24hrs seems like the official measurement). Extremely bad, city declared SOE

• Like 2
  • scream 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

2 minutes ago, Cloud said:

2019 had a much longer staying power. I remembered the plowed parking lot at my workplace where it stayed until late March or so. Also mostly because we dealt with a different pattern after the storms then….. don’t believe we go straight into an AR pattern that pretty much wipe everything out south of Bellingham as we’ve just seen. 

Yeah I had snow on the ground for 7 weeks straight, that was amazing for that time of the year. Of course had a big snow freshening in March as well. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

So, I actually really like the rain normally, but I was just saying to myself this morning that I'd be happy when this front passes and we get a couple of dry days. 6" in 6 days *in the rain shadow* is just a bit unnecessary, right?  Nobody needs that. 

<Front Passes and Rain stops>  Yay!  Finally! 

<5 minutes later>

<Stationary convergence zone forms directly over my house>

😕

16 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Not good, believe it or not we pretty much missed the entire storm up here. Since we arrived only 3 inches has fallen lol. There is 2 feet on the ground but it's the strangest thing ever. Never have saw the mountains block precip like this. When I got service today o couldn't believe what I'm seeing.  Any storm totals yet for Winthrop or cle elum?

Winthrop had 21 inches Wednesday to Thursday morning and 5 overnight last night.

• Like 2

NWS is pretty sure abt some flakes tonight - definitely seeing some potential for that later. 850s are more than could enough, strong showers like this CZN could drag it down1641607200-bbPA1vAt5es.png

• Like 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

Just now, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

The snow in cle elum is legendary 

Much of the E Cascade slopes are just buried, it's totally insane. They've never really seen anything like it.

• Like 1

My Twitter

38 minutes ago, MossMan said:

Current snow pile situation. 

BA6B6FB6-8334-4BCB-B4F6-555CB6FED854.jpeg

9A7ED3A4-54AD-4852-9DED-F21219C813BD.jpeg

FCFE4E3E-CC38-4B5A-9343-29B1149BE90E.jpeg

Doggos are wondering when they can expect more.

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

15 minutes ago, 1000&#x27;NorthBend said:

Good riddance! Last 36 hours, I've recorded 5.8" of rain. For the same time period, Chester Morse Lake recorded 7.2".

What a fall and winter this has been. In the last 90 days, I have recorded 54" of rain and 40" of snow.

Good riddance indeed.    Enough precipitation in any form... just want some drier weather at this point.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Storm 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

The great NW windstorm of 2022! We will of course rebuild. The power went out for 5 seconds at work and also for some reason set off the fire alarm, that was fun! 

CF34C1BC-8A98-4089-84C1-30FE62665B02.jpeg

• Like 1
  • lol 1
  • Popcorn 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

53 minutes ago, Cloud said:

2019 had a much longer staying power. I remembered the plowed parking lot at my workplace where it stayed until late March or so. Also mostly because we dealt with a different pattern after the storms then….. don’t believe we go straight into an AR pattern that pretty much wipe everything out south of Bellingham as we’ve just seen. 

We are in the ugly snowbank phase here now... but at least it's dry.

20220107_134701.jpg

• Sad 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

29 minutes ago, 1000&#x27;NorthBend said:

Good riddance! Last 36 hours, I've recorded 5.8" of rain. For the same time period, Chester Morse Lake recorded 7.2".

What a fall and winter this has been. In the last 90 days, I have recorded 54" of rain and 40" of snow.

If the cold air had been able to hang on like it did on Sunday night... we would have buried in 60 inches of snow in the last 36 hours (assuming a 10:1 ratio it would have been almost 5 feet of snow).  

• Snow 1
  • scream 1

Back below 40!

• Like 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

South Bellingham is looking impressively snowy this afternoon.

36 degree rain here in Mountlake Terrace. Don't see any flakes mixing in.

005vc25074.jpg

• Like 5

Everett Snowfall (510 feet elevation)

Snow since February 2019: 91"

2023-24: 6"

2022-23: 17.5"

2021-22: 17.75"

2020-21: 14.5”

2019-20: 10.5"

2018-19: 24.75"

3 minutes ago, Brian_in_Leavenworth said:

Good point, could have been a propane tank instead of a gas line, hadnt thought of that.

The fire & tank were next to what looked to be a tiny house. Maybe it was backyard dwelling and the owners didn't want to pay for a gas hook-up. 

• Like 1

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL