PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

2 minutes ago, Esquimalt said:

Anyone have the 00Z HRDPS snowfall maps? Looking good?

1641517200-aNG7tPdfGzw.png

• Like 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Quit letting the dogs out those doors, your messing up your accumulation lol!!

That’s the dog yard/back part of the house,  however the front part of the house is the dog free zone! 

259089E6-1EC0-4305-9DC6-E008081C7DFD.jpeg

40B56496-5D99-47BB-AC24-C83AB40D3F0E.jpeg

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

Snow turned back to rain in N Seattle. 34 is the coldest I've seen it rain in a while...

• Sick 1

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

Tonight has been a really pleasant surprise. I know it's all likely to turn to rain by morning, but we've got about an inch of new snow and it's still lightly falling. Lovely!

To console myself before everything warms up, I'm looking back over my pictures from the Boxing Day event. I've lived in the PNW my whole life and never experienced snow like that (crisp dry powder) in the lowlands that I can recall. It was like Narnia! Gorgeous. 

20211226_152249.jpg

20211230_090828.jpg

• Like 6

This is definitely the biggest forecast bust in a while. There is absolutely no way that any accumulation can happen in Seattle.

• Confused 1
  • Sick 2

My Twitter

1 minute ago, gusky said:

This is definitely the biggest forecast bust in a while. There is absolutely no way that any accumulation can happen in Seattle.

HRDPS says over 3 inches for me. In sitting on maybe a quarter of an inch right now and rate has dropped dramatically. 

• Sad 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

2 minutes ago, gusky said:

Kinda hard to call it a big bust when the most reliable model was never on the bus.

• Like 2
  • Storm 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 minute ago, Deweydog said:

Kinda hard to call it a big bust when the most reliable model was never on the bus.

Yeah, I guess it's really just another bust in the books for the GFS. What a terrible model lately.

• Sad 1

My Twitter

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

Can u post Eastern WA map please 

Quit torturing yourself, next time just jump in your truck and go to your cabin!  You have a successful business and it sounds you have a loyal crew to run it, you built it, they can run it and you can relax at your cabin!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hawkstwelve said:

Temp continuing to rise. Now up to 36. Getting close to my high of 37 earlier today. 

So, think I am going to wrap up here and go catch up on the new season of The Expanse. Love that show.

Is that worth it to watch? I don't watch many shows but I wouldn't mind another one to watch here and there

My Twitter

We have been warm nosed up here.

It was snowing earlier this evening and accumulating a little... but now its just drizzle even though the temp has not budged.   The upper levels have likely become too warm to support snow.   Thankfully its just barely above freezing so we should avoid freezing rain.    Just some lovely 33-degree drizzle.  

• Sick 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, GHweatherChris said:

Quit torturing yourself, next time just jump in your truck and go to your cabin!  You have a successful business and it sounds you have a loyal crew to run it, you built it, they can run it and you can relax at your cabin!!

And he has a truck that can go through literally anything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Twitter

Just now, TT-SEA said:

We have been warm nosed up here.

It was snowing earlier this evening and accumulating a little... but now its just drizzle even though temp has not budged.   The upper levels have likely become too warm to support snow.   Thankfully it just barely above freezing so we should avoid freezing rain.    Just some lovely 33-degree drizzle.  

Did we just become 33° drizzle buddies?!?!

• Like 1
  • lol 2

3 minutes ago, RentonHillTC said:

Uhhh the ICON would like a word with you

The ICON has been doing quite good. Case in point:1641517200-WWIuO8kgmhk.png

My Twitter

Moderate snow again. Still haven't seen any even decent sized flakes though. 

• Like 3

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

Just now, GHweatherChris said:

Al I had was small flakes, got heavy a couple times though!

Same here... small flakes but came down at a good clip once in awhile. 

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

3 minutes ago, GHweatherChris said:

We are on way. She's driving, hopefully can make it before pass closes! Rock n roll chase the storm.

• Like 5
  • Excited 4

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

10 minutes ago, VancouverIslandSouth said:

Still a bit early to say, the heaviest precip doesn't arrive until 10~12pm, could be some pretty quick accumulations with that so long as the winds continue to be northerly.

What is going on with environment Canada. 2 cm near the water and meanwhile every model predicts more than 10 cm and we have 5+ cm on the ground here at sea level in esquimalt

• Like 1
  • lol 1