PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

9 minutes ago, Omegaraptor said:

Even a January under +3 would be cause for major celebration at this point.

SEA is at -1.5 at the half way point... going to be a stretch to end up warmer than normal for January.

But since they adjusted the SEA averages upward... its so much easy to have colder than normal months.  

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

SEA is at -1.5 at the half way point... going to be a stretch to end up warmer than normal.

But since they adjusted the SEA averages upward... it so much easy to have colder than normal months.  

Probably should have specified down here in the Central, I mean, Willamette Valley.

SLE is at +3.0 and EUG +3.4.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cascadia_Wx said:

Wonder how many more years until PDX’s average January high is above 50F

We’ll all be dead by then.

But there’s a pretty good shot that 50 degree averages will encroach the last few days of the month with the 2001-2030 averages.🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽

• Excited 1
  • Snow 1
  • Troll 1

My preferences can beat up your preferences’ dad.

1 hour ago, iFred said:

Spring starts January 2nd.

And summer begins on the 12th, Fall on the 22nd, and Winter begins on February 2nd. 

• scream 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

When was the last time we had a great cold/snow event in late December and again in February? The only one I can think of is 2017/18 but are there any notable ones? I do not have a good databank of pre mid 1980’s in my head. 

• Like 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1-13-22 OBS for MBY

High temp - 52* recorded at 2:00 pm 
Low temp - 41* recorded at 9:31 pm

New precip - 0.09"
Total January precip to date - 10.26"
We have received 131% of our normal January precip 13 days in

New snow - 0"
Total snow to date Winter 21-22 - 10.9"

• Like 1

10 hours ago, iFred said:

East coast weenies that hang onto 2m temp maps out to hour 384 are great.

Well it been known to happen for sure with weenies but this time it maybe legit as Larry Cosgrove is pretty hype about the periold of the last 10 days of January up until mid February and so far his winter outlook prediction has been on target and Larry is certernly no weenie.

• Like 1
  • Excited 1

1 hour ago, MossMan said:

When was the last time we had a great cold/snow event in late December and again in February? The only one I can think of is 2017/18 but are there any notable ones? I do not have a good databank of pre mid 1980’s in my head. 

2008-09 had a fairly cool and troughy February with a couple of snow events.

Otherwise might have to go back to 1992-93, although Western WA got screwed pretty hard in February 1993 north of Clark County.

• Like 4