PNW January 2022, Contact Info for Phil

The Blob

1 minute ago, gusky said:

Is it too soon to talk about another cold snap?1641405600-rVpAKACMCto.png

Never too soon!! Unless your name is Andrew, Matt, or Phil! 

• lol 1
  • Popcorn 1

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

2 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I have to say I've had more fun on this forum than any other in my life. It's crazy how well we know each other for never meeting. We really need to do a get together. 

I haven't been here for very long, but I already feel as comfortable as I am with my friends, partly because none of my friends want to talk about weather. So glad I found this place.

• Like 3

My Weather Station:  https://ambientweather.net/dashboard/b415ff35b2d13f00c899051028f04466 

Located in North Seattle, elevation ~150ft. Highest temperature ever recorded is 110.3, lowest is 14.5.

My Twitter

14 minutes ago, MossMan said:

You have me beat! I’m at about 16” for the season. 

Not including today, there's only been 10" on the season here in Victoria. Already over an inch tonight, should be at least a few more at this rate. Temperature is down to 30.7F and still dumping snow. The outflow hit at just the right time, I was surprised to see there are already icicles even though it's not actually that cold and has only been below freezing since about 1:30pm today.

• Like 1

We just about headed out the door to the cabin. We still could before pass gets to bad. This is looking like a epic storm over there. I called the store in chesaw and they got ten new inches of snow in last 2 days or since I left to come home and another foot on the way. This weekend will be epic up there with all that new powder and temps still in upper teens and low 20's. Current temperature there is ten degrees. After a high of 15. Warmest temperature in the last week has been 22. 

• Like 4

We come from the land of the ice and snow.

1 minute ago, gusky said:

I haven't been here for very long, but I already feel as comfortable as I am with my friends, partly because none of my friends want to talk about weather. So glad I found this place.

If it weren't for this forum my head would have probably blown up by now like a watermelon and a bike pump.

For us geeks "talking about the weather" isn't exactly the small-scale convo like it is for most people. I have to mentally restrain myself from bringing up "the Euro" whenever a friend dares to ask me if it will rain on their hike tomorrow... :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

7 minutes ago, gusky said:

It's cause we share each other's misery and triumphs.

• Like 1

Home Weather Station Stats for 2023

High - Satans Bunghole

Lowest High - Not sure

Low - I don't have the data

Sub 40 highs - Not quite

Sub-freezing highs - Try again

Lows below 25 - You're joking

Lows below 20 - No

2023 Snowfall - LOL

1 minute ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

I'd give the shirt off my back to help any member on here. It feels like a family here. It's not like any other forum I know. 

What you did for @TigerWoodsLibido was awesome.

• Like 5

Weather stats for MBY

Snowfall:

-Total snowfall since joining: 50.25"

-2018-19: 21"

-2019-20: 2.5"

-2020-21: 13"

-2021-22: 8.75"

-2022-23: 5.75"

-2023-24*: 0.25"

-Most recent snowfall: 0.25”; January 17th, 2024

-Largest snowfall (single storm): 8.5"; February 12-13, 2021

-Largest snow depth: 14"; 1:30am February 12th, 2019

Temperatures:

-Warmest: 109F; June 28th, 2021

-Coldest: 13F; December 27th, 2021

-Phreeze Count 2023-24: 31

4 minutes ago, MR.SNOWMIZER said:

We just about headed out the door to the cabin. We still could before pass gets to bad. This is looking like a epic storm over there. I called the store in chesaw and they got ten new inches of snow in last 2 days or since I left to come home and another foot on the way. This weekend will be epic up there with all that new powder and temps still in upper teens and low 20's. Current temperature there is ten degrees. After a high of 15. Warmest temperature in the last week has been 22. 

You should go for it!! 

Elevation 580’ Location a few miles east of I-5 on the Snohomish Co side of the Snohomish/Skagit border. I love snow/cold AND sun/warmth! 

1 minute ago, T-Town said:

Actually seeing flakes without staring at the streetlight. Milestone!

Still not all the way there but we’re getting closer! 

Tacoma WA elevation 300’

Monthly rainfall-3.56”

Warm season rainfall-11.14”

Max temp-88

+80 highs-2

+85 highs-2

+90 highs-0

With the coming pattern the cabin could have a solid 2 month period staying below 30 degrees or even longer. All of December has been sub freezing and the next few weeks look cold there. Fog and low clouds can set up there for days and days and the trees get just caked in frost.  Real common to have a bunch of 10 at night and 20 during the day temps when we get a dry spell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meatyorologist said:

If it weren't for this forum my head would have probably blown up by now like a watermelon and a bike pump.

For us geeks "talking about the weather" isn't exactly the small-scale convo like it is for most people. I have to mentally restrain myself from bringing up "the Euro" whenever a friend dares to ask me if it will rain on their hike tomorrow... :rolleyes:

All of my family... including my extended family... will specifically ask me what the European model shows when they have a weather question.    I guess I have mentioned that model enough for it to stick in their minds.   😀

• lol 1

**REPORTED CONDITIONS AND ANOMALIES ARE NOT MEANT TO IMPLY ANYTHING ON A REGIONAL LEVEL UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED**

1 minute ago, TT-SEA said:

All of my family... including my extended family... will specifically ask me what the European model shows when they have a weather question.    I guess I have mentioned that model enough for it to stick in their minds.   😀

Hahaha I believe it!!

• Like 1